“All around a great experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown

You added Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown to your Saves list
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 Louisiana Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110 (Uptown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #16 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Boston
“All around a great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Was here for a conference which was well accommodated and ran smoothly. I was given a suite which was superb....BUT it wrapped around the elevator and as a light sleeper I could not take the constant dinging of the elevator shaft. They kindly moved me to a regular room which was quiet. Shame as the suites are beautiful and huge. Overall this was a good hotel and I would stay here again. Club level includes a good breakfast and hors d'ouevres. Keys are a bit annoying for 8th floor elevator operation, they didn't always work!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the mountain range in back of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Hello TravelwriterBoston-

Thanks for your review I am so happy your conference was a success. I feel bad we had to relocated you, but glad to hear your new accommodations with the view of the mountains worked out perfect. Thank you for sharing your nice comments about our club lounge it is a great way to start your day and relax in the evening after a long day.

See you next conference.

Damen Kompanowski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I was very impressed with the friendly and attentive front desk staff. They accommodated our early check in and made us feel welcome. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The bed was great but the pillows way too soft for my taste. I greatly appreciated the complimentary in room Starbucks coffee and bottled water. The food was mediocre at the banquet I attended and the prices at the bar were..pricey. I would stay here again and recommend it to my friends. It is close to everything and just off of I-40.

Room Tip: I was very impressed with the friendly and attentive front desk staff. They accommodated our early c...
Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hello Danielle211-

Thank you for your 5 star review on our hotel. We have a wonderful staff and it never gets old to hear form our guest how great they are. Our associates are our number one asset as they take care of you. So thank your for your kind words.

We look forward to hosting you again in our hotel.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is my go-to place in ABQ. The rates are reasonable and the staff seems to really care. Damen Kompanowski is active both responding to reviewers here on TA, but is also quite nice in person. I stayed in the hospitality suite this time (Jacuzzi suites were sold out) and was impressed with the size and quality of the suite. The club lounge is consistently good, with a good selection for breakfast, and snacks and drinks available throughout the day. I tried the bar for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. The drinks were affordable, the pour was generous, and the bartender was friendly and accommodating.

I do have three points for Damen that should be addressed.

1) I didn't receive the additional keycard to access the club lounge. I had to go to the front desk and ask for the card, plus get my room card activated to use the elevator to get to the club lounge floor. This was the second time that my room card wasn't activated for the lounge at time of check-in despite booking suites both times.

2) The rooms are starting to show some wear and tear. You can read the reviews on TA where minor issues were reported, but it goes a bit beyond that. The hospitality suite had a hole near the TV where the cable wires were either repaired or installed.The carpets and wallpaper is showing some age, and the overall decor is a bit dark (it's the older Sheraton brand styling that I actually like, but the effect makes the room look dreary) for my taste. The cleaning staff does an amazing job, but it's time to go room by room and fix the little things.
3) Raise room rates by $5-10 and stop charging for internet. I have seen numerous people complain about the internet charge (although curiously, they did all pay it) and advertising free wifi would bring in more guests.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Hello Eric E-

Love the title... Another Great Stay...

Thank you for your repeat business and you kind word.... I will definitely follow up on your three points all great feedback for me and to share with my team. I welcome your feedback as your voice is how we continue improve and exceed the expectations of our guest.

Please let me know next time your are in town would love to spend a few minutes with you.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Prepaid to stay here, the hotel is nice. The staff is friendly.
The room was clean and comfortable.
My only issue was the bathroom sink kept backing up and left black stuff.
The room would have been great if they had screens on the windows. I'd prefer open windows at night rather than the air conditioner.

I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Stephanie-

Thank you for your review and kind words, I would like to apologize for the issue with your sink. I hope we were able to take care of in a timely matter for you.
I do love our location, just far enough from the interstate so you don't hear the noise, but just a hop skip and a jump away from, ABQ Uptown, the Mall were we have all the best dining, shopping and entertainment in the state.

We look forward to your next visit.

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This Sheraton is convenient to all of Albuquerque with free parking and a friendly staff. We were upgraded to the eight floor which is their club level which requires a special key. The club lounge is open for breakfast which has juice, pastries, cereal, hard boil eggs, fresh fruit, & hot eggs. In the evening they have a spread for dinner. The eighth floor also provides the highest views.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hello 1Ringmaster-

Thanks for your 5 Star Review. I think we have the best club lounge in town.. Our three ladies that take care of our guest are just lovely.. Your right the view of the Sandia Mountains are breathtaking and our added touches with the food "Peaks" it off....

Thanks for you your nice comment, we look forward to your next visit...

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Good quality 4 star hotel with easy free parking. Good sized rooms with comfortable beds. Plenty to do and see nearby and a trip up the mountain cable car is essential. The hotel has a nice friendly bar and good facilities throughout. Wifi in the room is chargeable which is not good for a 4 star hotel although it is free in the lobby areas. Would revisit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Hello Gasimen-

Thanks for the nice review on our hotel... You hit it all location, nice facility and a great staff... Love the comment you would revisit... Our best compliment.

Oakley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Greeted at the front desk by friendly efficient staff. Given a room as we requested on the upper floor with a mountain view. We had a wonderful 3 night stay. The club floor breakfast and snacks were wonderful. Every staff member we encountered was extremely friendly. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub every evening. The room was spacious and clean. We would definitely return next time we visit my son at Kirkland.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Hello Julann71-

Thank you for your 5 star review on our hotel. You hit all the points we work for in our hotel.
Friendliness, Cleanliness, Great Amenities, Great Food, Great Location...

Your review is greatly appreciated, we look forward to your next visit with us.

Damen Kompanowski

Been to Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown? Share your experiences!