“No free in room wifi.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown to your Saves list
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 Louisiana Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110 (Uptown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #14 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Brown
“No free in room wifi.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Room decor was nice and entrance was inviting. Stayed on second floor and it was the only floor without an ice machine. Room was clean. Hotel is a little ways from the interstate. No major concerns with hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Hello Aunt Brown.-

Thanks for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us in Albuquerque. I know we cannot be seen from the highway but only about a 3/4 mile down the road... The good news about that is we don't have all that highway noise. I hope your travels bring you back to ABQ soon.

Damen Kompanowski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Uptown for three nights in early March and wasn't sure what to expect not having stayed at Sheratons previously.

The size, accomodations and cleanliness of the room exceeded my expectations immediately. The front desk staff was incredibly helpful and courteous.

The real piece de la resistance came when we were unexpectedly on lockdown for two hours due to a suspect evading police in the neighborhood. The entire Sheraton team did an amazing job at dealing with confused and often irate guests, provided continous updates on the situation and offered free appetizers to those of us congregating in the lobby unable to go out for dinner as planned. The best part overall was the incredible patience and smile of our server, Lisa, who was slammed with hardly any help to service all these hungry and disgruntled patrons. Finally when all was said and done, she was as gracious and friendly as she had been at the start of the evening after enduring what must have been the most hectic, busiest time the hotel has experienced. Way to go team Sheraton Uptown!

Also, the location is great with many options for food, entertainment and shopping a block away. My only critique is that the room I had only had one small window, so natural light was lacking, but I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 5th floor come equipped with a refrigerator which came in very handy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello Shelby-

Thank you for your great review on our hotel and also letting us know about the service you received from our staff especially Lisa. She is a great associate and always has a welcoming smile to greet our guest. My favorite line is I will definitely stay here in again when in ABQ. That is our best compliment..

Thanks again for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip.

Fort Worth, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Our family of four planned to ski over Spring Break. We live in Fort Worth and wanted to go somewhere within driving distance, and also to a place where we could use our Starwood points to defray costs. New Mexico has only two Starwood properties in the entire state, and they are both in Albuquerque. After reading the glowing Sheraton Uptown reviews on TripAdvisor, I knew exactly where we would stay.

The ABQ Sheraton did not disappoint. I made contact with Damon Komanowski, the GM there, to help figure out a way we could use our points to book the Jacuzzi suite. With two pre-teens in tow, we needed more than one bathroom and a space bigger than a single hotel room. Damon was able to figure out a plan, and we were grateful for the savings through the use of our points.

When we arrived, Damon had arranged for an adjoining room to the jacuzzi suite at a tremendous discount. The kids had their own room (no rollaways), we had a master bedroom suite, and we had the living room space between us to hang out together. It was wonderful. Being on the club floor also saved us quite a bit of money as we ate breakfast there, and the appetizers were so heavy, we were mostly able to eat dinner there too.

Beds are extremely comfortable. Bathrooms are spacious. The water pressure is strong. The indoor pool was a hit in the evenings. The food is terrific and the menus offer a wide range of pricing. Parking is a snap and we walked to the uptown area nearly every night for dinner, a movie, and even picked up some snacks and wine from Trader Joe's. My only complaint was that the room smelled a little funny when we would walk into it, but I guess we got used to it. It wasn't smoke or anything identifiable. Just a weird smell.

I highly recommend this Sheraton! The location and amenities really make for a wonderful vacation.

Room Tip: If you can, try to stay on the club level and take advantage of free breakfast and heavy appetizers.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello My Spring Break Family-

Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review on our hotel. What I love about your review is others will read and know Albuquerque is a great place to come and enjoy a full week. We have so much to offer and hope that other readers consider Albuquerque and the Sheraton Uptown next time when thinking where can go for a family get away.

It was our pleasure to host you and I am so glad we were able to meet before you departed.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Uptown for 3 nights as I was visiting Albuquerque on a business trip and was surprisingly pleased with the hotel! From the second I walked in the lobby to the bellman's assistance at departure, I had great service. I would recommend the Sheraton Uptown for anyone staying in Albuquerque. Because it is centrally located, it's very convenient even for those wanting to stay close to the airport. Although it's not particularly close, it's just off main freeways and roads; quick access.
Thank you Sheraton Staff!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hello Traveling Guru-

Thank you for your 5 Star review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us here in Albuquerque. We hope you travels bring you back soon.

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The reservation process was a nightmare. Over the course of three days, I spent TWELVE hours on the phone trying to rectify my reservation. I was passed from online customer service to a 1-800 customer service line to (local) hotel customer service. Each person told me something different. One particular customer service manager at the property was rude, spiteful and overall very unprofessional- not on ONE occasion but on many. With the trouble I had making our reservation, I should've run the other way while I still had the chance but always the optimist, I figured a rough start could only mean an excellent stay. IT DIDN'T.

According to customer service, my husband and I stayed in the "nicest" club level suite the hotel has to offer. The room had a "view" and a "jacuzzi". If our room was the nicest, I would hate to see what an average room looked like. Our room was dirty. The bathtub was dirty. The bathroom floor was dirty. A layer of dust covered the lamp tables, the desk, TV, phone and alarm clock which were in the room. I could see a thick layer of dust standing on the lamp shaded and bases. It was disgusting. There was something dark brown smeared on the corner of the sheet at the top of the box spring. It looked like feces. In advance, we requested a dog bed. Of course, there was no dog bed in the room. We called the front desk as soon as we noticed it wasn't in the room. Several hours passed and no one brought the dog bed to our room. I offered to come to the customer service desk and pick it up myself. I was reassured that a dog bed would be brought to our room. The dog bed was finally delivered to our room AT MIDNIGHT. We were in bed ASLEEP. We had been waiting for the dog bed since we checked in at a little before 3pm. We were looking forward to slipping into the "luxurious" Sheraton robes I've heard about. There were no robes in our room. When I called the front desk we were told that two robes would be brought to our room. Several hours later, the robes had not been delivered. I called again. I tracked down a house keeper too. The house keeper said that none of the robes were clean. The front desk said that they would be "right up". The robes never made it. The next morning, around 11am, I was able to get two clean robes from house keeping. They weren't the luxury robes we were told about. They were rough, stained, waffle-fabric, short robes. There was nothing luxurious about them.

We went for a swim. The pool was dirty. I attempted to step into the hot tub while my husband was at the wall control thinking that he would need to turn in on. I ended up falling into the hot tub because the step down was not clearly marked. I twisted my back a little. It definitely hurt. My husband requested someone from maintenance to look at the hot tub because a passing hotel employee said it was probably a fuse. Maintenance never came.

We ordered breakfast in bed. It arrived 45 minutes late. The toast was cold and wet because it was sealed to a saucer with plastic wrap while it was still hot. The hash browns were burned. The coffee was cold. Part of the order was incorrect. By this time, we let it go. Our spirits were somewhat broken. What's the point of calling to get what we expected? So far, calling did nothing for the robes, the dog bed, or the hot tub.

I called off-site Sheraton Customer Service once we checked out. We were told that someone would be getting in touch with us. Nobody ever contacted us.
Many times during our stay, I scratched my head wondering what's so great about the Sheraton. 've stayed at hotels like LaQuinta and Travelodge without the fancy reputation and I've had much better experiences. The rooms at LaQuinta and Travelodge have always been clean and dust free, pets are welcomed, the pools and hot tubs have always worked, breakfast (although never delivered to our room) has always been good. Some Sheraton hotels might be very nice- but NOT this one.

Room Tip: If you want a good room and a pleasant say- GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Hello Tabitha K-

I am sorry to hear your stay as you described. I see that we did upgrade you to our highest level suite, and did not find that suite to your perfection. We take so much pride in our hotel and currently ranked in the top 10% of all Sheraton's. If your travels bring you back to Albuquerque please reach out to me. I will ensure your stay goes flawless.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Hotel is great! They have a fantastic bar in the lobby. The decor is classy yet comfy as are the rooms. I really don't think of Albuquerque as a great city, there are some decent places to eat and see but I wouldn't suggest it as a vacation city although if you have to come stay here.

• Stayed March 2013
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Hello Victoria-

Thanks for your 5 Star review on our hotel. I also want to thank you the nice comments on our hotels lobby bar and our rooms. We always appreciate feedback and letting our future guest know how nice your stay was at our hotel, this very much appreciated.

Manhattan, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Granted we only stayed at this hotel one night and got in really late. It is in a great location, we stayed at a Holiday Inn down the street and it was great as well. There is quite a bit to do around these hotels and getting around Albuquerque is not hard at all. The hotel staff were very helpful, we booked our room through Priceline and they gave us a King room, but the staff were more than happy to change that to two queen beds for us. We also requested a mountain :) view, and they were more and happy to get us a room with a view as well!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is traveling to Albuquerque.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Hello JoeJon91-

Thanks for our 5 star review on our hotel, I know it was a short trip this time. Maybe next visit we can get you to spend another night in ABQ. I know many people stop as passing through but we would love you to add on another night and enjoy New Mexico. As you know our location is just perfect and easy access to both I-25 and I-40. See you next time...

Damen Kompanowski

Been to Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown? Share your experiences!