“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown

You added Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown to your Saves list
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 Louisiana Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110 (Uptown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #15 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Manhattan, Kansas, United States
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Granted we only stayed at this hotel one night and got in really late. It is in a great location, we stayed at a Holiday Inn down the street and it was great as well. There is quite a bit to do around these hotels and getting around Albuquerque is not hard at all. The hotel staff were very helpful, we booked our room through Priceline and they gave us a King room, but the staff were more than happy to change that to two queen beds for us. We also requested a mountain :) view, and they were more and happy to get us a room with a view as well!! I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is traveling to Albuquerque.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Hello JoeJon91-

Thanks for our 5 star review on our hotel, I know it was a short trip this time. Maybe next visit we can get you to spend another night in ABQ. I know many people stop as passing through but we would love you to add on another night and enjoy New Mexico. As you know our location is just perfect and easy access to both I-25 and I-40. See you next time...

Damen Kompanowski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Los Alamos, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

So, this is essentially my third review of this hotel: the first was gushy, the second was disappointed and now I am back to impressed. Let me explain.

My daughter and I decided to visit Albuq. for the weekend just as a getaway. I love the location of the hotel; moments from Uptown shopping and restaurants and easy to get about anywhere else. The rooms were lovely and spacious. Everything was clean and felt fresh. There was a tiny bit of wear in the decor, but hello! It is a hotel after all. My reservation requests were all met (away from elevators, mountain view, upper floor) but it was February and not the height of hotel season in Albuq. The pool was great-my 7 year old loved it and the room service was pretty good for what it is. I lived in Albuquerque for years so I knew not to leave valuables in my car so security wasn't an issue.

The tipping point for this hotel; the element that will make this my go-to hotel in Albuq was the people. The staff was friendly, professional, accommodating and even proactive. While my check-in started out bumpy, Mandy at the front desk made it as smooth as possible and in no way stressful for me. The Club Lounge associates were friendly and efficient. The housekeeping staff were engaging and capable.

There were two moments, though, that made me a fan. First, when we had to contact the housekeeping staff by phone after we left, they thanked me for the tip (via my husband)! When does THAT happen? Also, the reason we called them was to ask if they had found my daughter's Dumbo stuffy; they had, and they told us they would send it via FedEx the next day. Well, over a week went by and nothing. But then a couple of days after that, here came Dumbo to my daughter's delight. I was thrilled-it didn't matter in the least that it had taken a bit longer to get to me, but it apparently mattered to the Hotel because within a day or so I received a coupon in the mail from the hotel to upgrade to a suite or Club Lounge room, along with an apology from the Mgr for it taking "so long" to send the toy.

Wow. Just wow. Thank you so much! I will stay there again, recommend to my friends, and look at Starwood Hotels more closely from now on.

Only one suggestion and it is just that: a couple of kid-friendly items on the room service menu would be great (spaghetti, small burger, etc.).

Until next time!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Hi h2obabylis-

Thanks for your review, and thank you for coming back so quickly. Sometimes when we make a mistake it is how we recover, I am so glad we have your loyalty back at the Sheraton. It sounds like you and your family had a great weekend. Thanks for the great review and your suggestions.

Damen Komapanowski
Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I told the front desk about the disgusting long black hair left in the bathroom as I was leaving for my business meeting in the morning. I was assured by a very nice young woman at the front desk it would be cleaned up that day. It wasn't. Since I did not return until late in the evening I really did not want to ask for someone to clean up - did it myself - yech!

It was also apparent some work had been done in the bathroom by the patch marks on the wall, however they did not even make the effort to paint the repairs. they even hung up the artwork - so i guess it is not on their immediate "to do" list.

When checking out the next morning we walked through the meeting room hallway to the parking lot area. There was vomit on the floor (it was obvious it had been there from the previous evening).
The only reason this got two stars is because the beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello AZryder-

Thank you for your review. First let me apologize for your experience, I can ensure you I am following up and I believe my team has already reached out to you to make this right. I hope you will reconsider and next time in ABQ give us another opportunity to make this right.

Sierra Madre, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I had a quick one night stay at the Sheraton Albuquerque. They had excellent service in the club. and decent food. The views from the club floor are nice. The rooms are pretty much standard Sheraton with a little bit more age, but still nice and have a decent size. Free parking and decent wifi internet speed. Front desk staff were also very friendly.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Hello Astroph-

Thank you for your nice review on our hotel, I know it was a short visit but sounds like we did a nice job of making you feel welcomed. We do have a wonderful staff, and we look forward to your next visit to ABQ.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We came to this hotel from San Diego to celebrate our anniversary. From the minute we walked erin, who is part of bell staff was friendly happy and helpful. The best part of the experience was meeting MATTHEW, who was part of front desk staff. He was very respectful and thorough as far as recognizing our needs. He made sure we understood what we had paid for and made sure he achieved our expectations. I do also hope Eric at the lobby bar is recognized for his great service. Thank you so much Matthew !!!

• Stayed February 2013
Hello lexb1-

Thank you for your 5 Star review....Matthew and Eric are great examples of team members that know the true meaning of hospitality and I am so proud to have them as part of my team..
When others read reviews such as your I know they pick our hotel and seek out this same service from our associates.. So thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We made our reservation months in advance and upon arrival they did not have a room on the floor we had reserved available. Instead we were given a room on the second floor.....next to the elevator. After a debate with the front desk we were provided an alternative room. Otherwise, adequate room and value. Staff is under trained and junior. Drinks at the bar are over priced. And wifi is an additional charge. Too many other choices in town to stay here again....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello Greg C-

Thanks for your review, I am sorry to hear your stay was not perfect. It sounds like were able to get your room location fixed. Next time in town I would love the opportunity to make your stay perfect I would also suggest looking at some of our packages. We have several that include breakfast and internet. This may be a better option for you. I know your next trip will be much better, please give us another opportunity.

General Manger
Albuquerque
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The facility looks beautiful wonderful decor, clean , and modern.. I was a CAPTIVE guest a state association meeting and had quite possible the WORST MEAL I have eaten in my life. Albuquerque is the land of enchantment where every on knows how to cook Mexican and new Mexican foods. With this having been said picture a banquet room filled with 150 to 200 New Mexicans being served a plate of Mexican food that was worse than the worst El Patio TV dinner. A chile rellano that appeared delicious until you cut into it to find 1 INCH OF COLD BREADING SURROUNDING THE SMALLEST CHILE ON THE PLANET with virtually no cheese filling,not topped with a hint of red or green chile sauce. Next lets move on to the tamale, it was a SAD COLD RENDITION OF 2 LAYERS FILLED WITH A SCANT AMOUNT OF PORK,AGAIN NO CHILE SAUCE AND VERY LITTLE FLAVOR. In addition there was something that resembled a beef enchilada with the only sauce(flavorless) on the plate.The meal was rounded out by a few pinto beans and a cold flour tortilla. It is sad when you realize that the cold flour tortilla was the hi-lite of the entire meal. Several years ago I attended a wedding reception that featured a Mexican buffet that was wonderful, now I can only assume that they cater by heating up TV dinners! If you are a captive audience at a function here call ahead to see what will be served, if the say Mexican food eat before attending. If you are visiting Albuquerque and do not have time to dine at: GARCIAS, PAPA FELIPES, LOS CUATES, or LA PLACITA do yourself a favor skip the Mexican food at this Sheraton and head to Taco Bell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello Robert-

I sorry to hear you did not enjoy the food during your banquet event at the hotel. Since your event we did bring in a new Chef from Sante Fe, so I would love for your to come back and taste some of his New Mexican food. I know you will not be disappointed. Come have Lunch on Us... Contact me directly and I will arrange.

damen.kompanowski@sheratonuptown.com

Been to Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown? Share your experiences!