So, this is essentially my third review of this hotel: the first was gushy, the second was disappointed and now I am back to impressed. Let me explain.
My daughter and I decided to visit Albuq. for the weekend just as a getaway. I love the location of the hotel; moments from Uptown shopping and restaurants and easy to get about anywhere else. The rooms were lovely and spacious. Everything was clean and felt fresh. There was a tiny bit of wear in the decor, but hello! It is a hotel after all. My reservation requests were all met (away from elevators, mountain view, upper floor) but it was February and not the height of hotel season in Albuq. The pool was great-my 7 year old loved it and the room service was pretty good for what it is. I lived in Albuquerque for years so I knew not to leave valuables in my car so security wasn't an issue.
The tipping point for this hotel; the element that will make this my go-to hotel in Albuq was the people. The staff was friendly, professional, accommodating and even proactive. While my check-in started out bumpy, Mandy at the front desk made it as smooth as possible and in no way stressful for me. The Club Lounge associates were friendly and efficient. The housekeeping staff were engaging and capable.
There were two moments, though, that made me a fan. First, when we had to contact the housekeeping staff by phone after we left, they thanked me for the tip (via my husband)! When does THAT happen? Also, the reason we called them was to ask if they had found my daughter's Dumbo stuffy; they had, and they told us they would send it via FedEx the next day. Well, over a week went by and nothing. But then a couple of days after that, here came Dumbo to my daughter's delight. I was thrilled-it didn't matter in the least that it had taken a bit longer to get to me, but it apparently mattered to the Hotel because within a day or so I received a coupon in the mail from the hotel to upgrade to a suite or Club Lounge room, along with an apology from the Mgr for it taking "so long" to send the toy.
Wow. Just wow. Thank you so much! I will stay there again, recommend to my friends, and look at Starwood Hotels more closely from now on.
Only one suggestion and it is just that: a couple of kid-friendly items on the room service menu would be great (spaghetti, small burger, etc.).
Until next time!
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown Hotel Albuquerque
- Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown Hotel
- Sheraton Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Sheraton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of Albuquerque's uptown business district, our Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown hotel is minutes away from the Albuquerque INTL Sunport, the University of New Mexico, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Starwood, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Venere, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.