“Nice hotel BUT........” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown

You added Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown to your Saves list
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 Louisiana Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110 (Uptown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #15 of 148 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Albuquerque
“Nice hotel BUT........”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The facility looks beautiful wonderful decor, clean , and modern.. I was a CAPTIVE guest a state association meeting and had quite possible the WORST MEAL I have eaten in my life. Albuquerque is the land of enchantment where every on knows how to cook Mexican and new Mexican foods. With this having been said picture a banquet room filled with 150 to 200 New Mexicans being served a plate of Mexican food that was worse than the worst El Patio TV dinner. A chile rellano that appeared delicious until you cut into it to find 1 INCH OF COLD BREADING SURROUNDING THE SMALLEST CHILE ON THE PLANET with virtually no cheese filling,not topped with a hint of red or green chile sauce. Next lets move on to the tamale, it was a SAD COLD RENDITION OF 2 LAYERS FILLED WITH A SCANT AMOUNT OF PORK,AGAIN NO CHILE SAUCE AND VERY LITTLE FLAVOR. In addition there was something that resembled a beef enchilada with the only sauce(flavorless) on the plate.The meal was rounded out by a few pinto beans and a cold flour tortilla. It is sad when you realize that the cold flour tortilla was the hi-lite of the entire meal. Several years ago I attended a wedding reception that featured a Mexican buffet that was wonderful, now I can only assume that they cater by heating up TV dinners! If you are a captive audience at a function here call ahead to see what will be served, if the say Mexican food eat before attending. If you are visiting Albuquerque and do not have time to dine at: GARCIAS, PAPA FELIPES, LOS CUATES, or LA PLACITA do yourself a favor skip the Mexican food at this Sheraton and head to Taco Bell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Hello Robert-

I sorry to hear you did not enjoy the food during your banquet event at the hotel. Since your event we did bring in a new Chef from Sante Fe, so I would love for your to come back and taste some of his New Mexican food. I know you will not be disappointed. Come have Lunch on Us... Contact me directly and I will arrange.

damen.kompanowski@sheratonuptown.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I work for the airlines and my work puts us here for the night. We had a long 23 hour layover and it was perfect. I was hoping I wouldn't be bored because it was such a long layover with no car. To my surprise there is a BIG indoor mall across the street and an outdoor mall in walking distance. I went to both malls to occupy myself. Lot of dinner option very close by. The front desk greeted us with a big welcoming smile! They suggested places to eat and directed me in the right direction. The rooms were spic and span with dreamy pillows! The hotel has a nice gym. I didn't eat at the restaurant because of the many options around. I'd recommend you to stay here and trust me is crew stay in MANY hotels and this one is great!

• Stayed February 2013
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Hello Misstravelqueen7-

Thank you for your 5 star review and we really do take that as a compliment. I heard a stat yesterday that if you work in the airline industry for 20 years as a crew member 5 years of that time will be spent in a hotel room. So your 5 star review really means a lot to us. See you an your next layover...

Yours is Hospitality,
General Manger
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My family and I stayed here for 2 days for the holidays while visiting family. While the breakfast is somewhat subpar, the room and suite was incredibly large and spacious and the best part was that there were two bathrooms. The master bath had a spa tub too! I would not hesitate to stay here again. Breakfast isn't everything, but having the space to spread out when you're traveling with 2 family members is very important. I'd return for sure!

Room Tip: request a king room with two bathrooms!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Hello Foodwise- Thanks for your review, our Jacuzzi suites are amazing, spacious, a great floor plan and awesome views of the Sandia Mountains. I sorry we did not start you day off great with our breakfast, our suites come with access to our club lounge. I am not sure if this is the breakfast you mentioned above. If so we have now added and serve quiche and eggs as part of our continental breakfast. I hope you travels bring you and your family back to ABQ soon..

Yours in Hospitality
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

the room was nice and the view was great, but the customer service was awesome.anthony s. made the experience suberb. He was the greatest. He made sure that we were up on all that was available to do while we were in town. he provided great accurate information. he was always prompt and ready to help. if all hospitality staff had his attitude what wonderful world it would be.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hi Daisy-

Thank you for your nice review...Hospitality 101.. Have the right people to take care of our guests. Anthony is one of the best in the business when making a customer feel at home. I would say my entire staff is dedicated to making you feel special while in ABQ.. We recently won an award Best of the West and we rank in the top 10% of all Sheraton's. Again thank you and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This hotel was nice with an incorrect pool for the winter. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Upgrade was nice and the hotel has been maintained. Nice stay for our family. Nice club room with great service.

Room Tip: Upper floor near club room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hello Txdelphia-

Thanks for your review... I think an auto correct error... I believe you typed indoor pool for the winter. We do have just a wonderful property in the heart of ABQ Uptown. I love your comments on our great service and staff... I hope your travels bring you back to ABQ soon...

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

We are traveling across country and only decided to stay here the day before and I am glad we did. The hotel is clean,all the rooms updated. The service was superb. There is a nice little bar in the lobby. The location can 't be beat. It is near shopping, restaurants, attractions and the interstate. Oh and the price is right.

• Stayed February 2013
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Hello BJ G-

Thank you for your 5 Star review on our hotel. I am so happy our hotel provided what I say is the definition of Hospitality, Great Service, Clean, Friendly , and a place to rest your head at night.. I know your kind words will bring us future guest and I hope a returned visit from you..

Huntsville, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great place to stayI have stayed there from Feb. 4th till Feb. 7th and had such an amazing experience at this hotel. I have never felt so welcome, so cared for, so special and so safe at a hotel before. Mr. Anthony Sanchez (manager) was just wonderful and he made me feel not so alone since I was here for the first time and by myself. He is truly an awesome person and honestly I will never forget this trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello Loutrina S-

Thank you for your review. When traveling alone I can certainly understand the feeling of safety and security is a concern. Anthony is a great associate and always makes our guests feel as if they were in their own home. When I read reviews like this it brings a smile to my face. I know when we can make our guest feel so safe we are doing our job. Just a piece of what hospitality really is...