“This hotel is an unexpected treasure.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown

You added Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown to your Saves list
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 Louisiana Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110 (Uptown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #17 of 145 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“This hotel is an unexpected treasure.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

We are traveling across country and only decided to stay here the day before and I am glad we did. The hotel is clean,all the rooms updated. The service was superb. There is a nice little bar in the lobby. The location can 't be beat. It is near shopping, restaurants, attractions and the interstate. Oh and the price is right.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Hello BJ G-

Thank you for your 5 Star review on our hotel. I am so happy our hotel provided what I say is the definition of Hospitality, Great Service, Clean, Friendly , and a place to rest your head at night.. I know your kind words will bring us future guest and I hope a returned visit from you..

Huntsville, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great place to stayI have stayed there from Feb. 4th till Feb. 7th and had such an amazing experience at this hotel. I have never felt so welcome, so cared for, so special and so safe at a hotel before. Mr. Anthony Sanchez (manager) was just wonderful and he made me feel not so alone since I was here for the first time and by myself. He is truly an awesome person and honestly I will never forget this trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello Loutrina S-

Thank you for your review. When traveling alone I can certainly understand the feeling of safety and security is a concern. Anthony is a great associate and always makes our guests feel as if they were in their own home. When I read reviews like this it brings a smile to my face. I know when we can make our guest feel so safe we are doing our job. Just a piece of what hospitality really is...

Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

As I was on my third day driving cross country, I took a similar route to that which I did once before and found myself driving through Albuquerque. While fumbling with my phone and hotels.com app, I focused on Starwood hotels and ofcourse found The Sheraton. And I'm glad I did. From the moment I walked in, keep in mind I had no reservation, I was greeted by Kevin (I hope and believe that was his name) with utmost consideration and interest. Very friendly. So I inquire and he finds me the type of room I want at a super rate. Can't beat it.

Then it's time to head out for dinner and they made a wonderful recommendation for a place to go in the new Uptown development right nearby.

As for the room, just perfect: clean, comfortable and cozy. Couldn't ask for more.

Thank you to the staff for your kindness and direction. I've stayed in numerous locations around the country and this location will always stick out with me as the hospitality was wonderful. The Manager Connie should be proud.

Kind regards,
John J. Macliver IV

Room Tip: I didn't rate Spa and Breakfast as it didn't apply to me. But if going through Albuquerque...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hi John-

Thank you for the 5 star and wonderful review on our hotel. I love when our guest recognize our associates by name as this really means they stood out and left an impression. We recognize there are many options for picking hotels in our market and reviews like this really help to bring new guest to our hotel.

Thanks very much.
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have been traveling to ABQ for the past 3 years and have tried many of the hotels in the city. This location is ideal for those wanting a great balance of convenience to shopping, food, and the cost to stay. It is within walking distance to a mall, many restaurants, and has upgraded amenities compared to others in the area. The staff is courteous and work quickly, which I like. It is my hotel of choice when traveling to ABQ.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello Dave H-

Thanks for your review we love to hear we are your choice when traveling to ABQ. Especially when you have tried other hotels in the in the market and made ours your home. What a compliment. Hope your travels bring you back soon.

Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My wife and I are from Albuquerque but now live elsewhere. We stayed at the Sheraton on a recent trip and found it to be pleasant and conveniently located. It's probably not actually a four-star hotel, maybe more of a 3.5, but still more than adequate. The staff was always friendly and courteous, and our room was spacious and clean. The location is superb. Access to shopping, dining and attractions is easy, but you have the feel of being in a "normal" part of the city, not in a tourist zone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Hello MarkWing-

Thanks for your review on out hotel... Yes we love our location... We are in the Heart of Uptown.
Thanks for the kind words about my staff and our rooms.. We recently renovated and I am very proud our our product and staff. I hope you ties here in ABQ bring you back often we would love to host you again.

Yours in Hospitality
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown in early January of this year and found it to be a very nice hotel. The staff at the front desk recommended a great New Mexican restaurant for dinner. We had to leave very early in the morning and the coffee had not been put out for guests. The manager on his own initiative went to get me a cup of coffee. The rooms were nice and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hello Michael P-

I remember you, Thanks for the 5 star review... It was a pleasure to host you on your quick trip through Albuquerque. My favorite line as always is, you will stay with us again next time you are in Albuquerque. Hope to see you soon coffee on me...

Damen Kompanowksi
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband and I decided to stay at this Sheraton based on all the rave reviews. We arrived in the evening and pulled up to a parking spot directly under the street lamp. We were so hungry from the long drive that we decided to walk next door to the restaurant to get some food. While we were waiting for our food, my husband decided to go check us in to the hotel. As he walks by our car, he noticed our car had been burglarized! The rear back window was broken into and they stole our personal belongings. This all happened not even 10 minutes after we left our car!!! Where was the so called SECURITY?!?! We called the police and notified the front desk but of course there was nothing they could do about it. The staff kept telling us how safe the area was and burglaries have never occurred there. But after we arrived at our destination, we did a search on crimes in the area and found out that there had been over 100 reported break-ins within a 1 mile radius of this hotel in the past week! Note to self: Check the crime in the area before booking your hotel. If you want to feel safe during your trip, I would suggest staying at another hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank WELOVE2TRAVEL88
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Hello WELOVE2TRAVEL88-

I am so sorry your car was burglarized, We do have a very active and great security team and we do everything to protect our guest and their property. Unfortunately professional thieves are sometimes hard to beat. My staff was correct in saying this is not a problem here. We have very few problems on our lot and I will continue to challenge my team to be the best. I am truly sorry your trip through ABQ was not positive.

Yours in Hospitality