“If You Want a Fridge, Indicate That First!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown

You added Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown to your Saves list
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 Louisiana Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110 (Uptown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #15 of 148 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Anonymous
“If You Want a Fridge, Indicate That First!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I really loved this hotel. Very quiet, attentive, friendly staff, great food (you MUST try the fried avocado chips!), definitely worth the money.

I unexpectedly had to extend my stay, and was surprised to find there was no fridge in the room. If you think you'll need one, be sure and indicate that to the hotel when you're making a reservation. They do have rooms with fridges, but not all rooms have them.

Also, be sure and ask for a room with a mountain view. Breathtaking!

I'd like to compliment Sylvia and the other housekeeping staff that took care of my room. Extremely clean and a pleasure to stay in. I do not carry cash, and had to use a credit card for their tip. This was another service of the Sheraton, and I'd like to thank Kevin, one of the managers, for taking care of that personally. You all really did Albuquerque proud!

Room Tip: I always ask to be on the highest floor possible, away from the elevator, and on the side opposite t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Hello Pranashakti-

Thank you for the wonderful 5 star review on our hotel. I also love the view we have of the mountains. Thank you for recognizing our housekeepers who work so hard everyday. I will pass this on to Sylvia, and let her know she made a great impression on you.

We look forward to your next stay.

Damen Kompanowski

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

It was a really great stay
Friendly service
Nice looby area
Breakfast is served , no buffet
Big rooms with plasma tv

Nice bath good pressure in shower
Beds were so comfy
Free parking
Has nice pool area

• Stayed January 2013
Hello planotexas1-

Thanks for the nice review I am thrilled you had a great stay at our property... Everything I like to hear, Friendly , Great Food, Great Sleep, Great Shower & A Nice Swim.. Sounds like we accomplished our goal..

See you on your next trip from Plano..

Yours in Hospitality.
Farmington, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The service here is top notch. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and very clean. It's also centrally located to many restaurants and shopping areas. The one drawback was the hot tub. It's not very hot and the jets shoot up instead of out, which means water sprays your face. Otherwise, we enjoyed our stay and will be back.

Room Tip: Oddly floors 3-7 have an ice machine. Floors on level 2 do not. Request a room in floors 3-7 if it...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Hello Dharmabumk-

Thank you for your review... LOVE the title... GREAT STAY... I have followed up on the hot tub to ensure the jets are functioning properly.. And this is why I love my staff.. My engineer already beat me to it.. He said I already read the Tripadvisor comment and check it out and corrected the problem.. We hope to see you soon and promise no more jets spraying in your face.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I was impressed with nice quiet lobby bar and very clean hotel room. Staff were very informative and professional. Did not eat in the restaurant, so no comment! Location is very good because you are close to shopping and great restaurants.

• Stayed February 2012
Hello Jodelkraut-

Thanks for your 5 star review on our hotel. I so glad you were able to relax and enjoy our lobby lounge and our staff there is just amazing. I agree our location is so convenient we are located in the heart of ABQ Uptown with all the best Shopping, Dining and Entertainment... We look forward to your next visit..

Casper, WY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

While the stay was not perfect and I had some issues, management was quick to respond and make sure things are corrected for future stays and that I was left with a positive attitude for the property.

Room Tip: If things are not perfect ask for the customer service manager, she will get things corrected for yo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hello James-

Thanks for your review, I am glad we responded promptly to your concerns and had you leave with a positive experience. I hope you will contact myself directly your next visit to ABQ and I will ensure you stay is flawless.

Manhattan Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Don't let the dated exterior fool you, this is an awesome hotel. The management and staff are extremely friendly and competent. The answer to every one of my requests was, "Our pleasure." The lobby, gift shop, bar and other front common areas have all been beautifully renovated (I'm a balloonist and have been staying here occasionally since 1991.) Room 421*, except for some stains on the carpet (they were mortified and offered to give me a new room), was like new, nicely decorated, and the cleanest hotel room I've ever been in. (Impressive, since dogs stay free here.) The linens were new and of very high quality.

(* I asked for a room near the elevator, because I like to save steps and am a sound sleeper, but there was noise from the ice maker and elevator, so others might want to be further down the hall.)

The grilled cheese from room service was awesome, but if you get tired of hotel food there's an Egg & I and a Chili's on-site.

And if you're SPG Gold or higher, there's a guaranteed 4 PM checkout. Although I also love Westin hotels, for the 4 PM checkout and no-charge dog accommodation, I prefer Sheraton.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, don't stay near the ice machine or elevators.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Hello Sidlinger-

Thank you for the 5 star review on our hotel and being a loyal customer since 1991. I am always so happy to hear great comments about our staff. You can have a beautiful building but without the right people it is not the same. However when you have a great product and great people to take care of our guest it is just the perfect combination.

Thanks again and I know we will see you soon.

Taos, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Location is still great for my business in Albuquerque, but this hotel needs some TLC. The jacuzzi suite is usually a great room for not too large a premium over a regular room, if you know a few things. The inner workings of the spa are not cleaned between guests, so run a tub full of hot water and do a 5-10 minute cycle, drain and then fill for your soak. One difficulty here was the drain was inoperable, had to manually pry it up to drain the water, another issue was only 1/2 the jets were operable, not really the soak I had in mind. The lack of robes in the suite baffles me! The shower in the second bath was calcified and only about 1/2 of the holes had water flow. Front desk did not show any interest about these issues at check out, I guess I could have called the engineering staff, but it was late and I wanted to go to bed, not have plumbers in the room. There are plenty of better choices in Albuquerque these days.

Room Tip: The rooms on the northeast corridor are the quietest.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Hello 2y2r2onot2-

Thank your for your review, Please let me apologize for your recent stay that was not perfect. We did already receive your comment card and I addressed with my team this morning before this review. Carrie my Front Office Manager will be reaching out to you this morning to invite you back and give us another try. From your comment card my Engineering team and Housekeeping staff is going through each of these rooms to ensure this will not happen again.

Again thank for you comments we will make this right for you and our future guest.

Damen Kompanowski

Been to Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown? Share your experiences!