“great experience; great area restaurants within walking distance” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown to your Saves list
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 Louisiana Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110 (Uptown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #19 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Phoenix, Arizona
“great experience; great area restaurants within walking distance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

excellent food court--very kid friendly; great mall and restaurants within walking distance, very nice indoor pool and great workout facility; very helpful, available staff

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, January 13, 2012
Dear Sharon J-

Thank your for your wonderful review... Our hotel is located in the heart of Uptown with the best shopping, eating and entertainment within minutes of our hotel.. With our excellent staff, beautiful hotel and location I could not think of a better place to stay. Thanks again I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Yours in Hospitality,

Damen Kompanowski

711 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

On a recent road trip through Albuquerque I used my SPG points to stay at the Sheraton ABQ Uptown hotel. I liked it so much that I paid cash and stayed there on the way back as well! The rooms are large and clean. The location can't be beat, within walking distance to restaurants and shopping. They even are dog-friendly. Next time I travel with my pooch I'll definitely keep this place in mind!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Carrie C, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Dear SweetieNumber1,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We take immense pride in our hotel, and it's always a joy when that pays off for the guest. We look forward to your next visit with us, and to meeting your pooch.

wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Got a great deal on Hotwire. Huge room with lovely decor. Starbucks coffee in room. Internet in the lobby, not free in the room. No free breakfast, but loved the luxury. Less than a mile off the highway. Only negatives-the pool was closed for maintenance and a few stray hairs found in tub.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear gogirlWisconsin,

Please allow me to start off by apologizing for the negatives you experienced at our hotel. We understand that our guests have certain expectations when staying at our hotel, and us not meeting those expectations is unacceptable. We hold ourselves 100% accountable in fixing these negatives for future guests, and for your future stay shall you come back our way.

Also, thank you very much for the kind remarks. I am pleased that you were still able to enjoy your stay with us. Starbucks coffee in the room makes waking up worth while!

Chihuahua, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

This hotel was great. It´s a great value for your money. The room is very nice; check inn is fast, staff very dedicated to service.
Rooms are well equipped, clean, nice decoration, great beds. Great hotel in general.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Roberto R,

Our staff is absolutely dedicated to service, and I'm happy that they took care of you! We appreciate you taking the time to commend the hotel, and hope to see you again in the future.

Yukon, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Traveling over the holidays I chose this hotel as it got nice reviews. I have not stayed at a 'Sheraton' before but have heard from friends and family that these hotels are nice. Checking in at this hotel was breeze, no lines at elevators, great room too with everything you would ask for. I got a great price for the room as well over the Christmas holiday so I don't have any complaints at all for this hotel. It's location is great as well and only a few blocks from I-40. I would give this hotel a "5 Star" rating as I think it is a bit behind the times.
In this world of cellphones, computers and other digital devices, there is no free Wi-Fi at the hotel. Most other hotel chains offer this service and I make note of those that do. Why not "Sheraton"? The service they do provide is offered for $9.95 after I made a call to 'Lodgnet' customer service and then the front desk who then informed me of the $9.95.
I have been to other nice hotel chains that offer free Wi-Fi and tell me when I check-in and give me an access code as well. Needless to say, I would be a bit more impressed with Sheraton if they offered this service.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Rkymtn84,

I'm happy that we were able to meet the majority of your needs, and that you enjoyed your stay with us over Christmas. Our location can not be beat! Also, a huge thank you to your friends and family for recommending Sheraton. I hope you will continue to choose Sheraton/Starwood for your hotel needs. I'm confident you will be pleased.

Allow me to apologize for the internet. We understand the convenience of free wi-fi in rooms. At this time though, this is a Starwood policy as well as the policy of most "full-service" hotels. However, we will continue to offer free wi-fi in the lobby, and in our club lounge which can be utilized for a $15 fee and includes continental breakfast, drinks and h’douvres, and an amazing view! I hope you will consider this options shall you visit a Sheraton property again.

Lubbock, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

The staff at the Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown truly care about their guests. After traveling in the car for 9.5 hours, my husband and I arrived at the Sheraton to find that my purse was missing. When we checked in, we mentioned this to the front desk and they inquired to where I may have left it. When my husband when back downstairs to check our vehicle one more time, he found Brenna & Anthony calling all of the Subway restaurants in Kingman, AZ to find it for me!! Talk about exceptional customer service. This was an unexpected gesture that I really appreciate. Beyond that, we had a fantastic dinner via room service and found the same extraordinary service from every employee we encountered throughout our stay. Kudos to the management for fostering employees that understand the true meaning of customer service! I recommend this establishment and would surely return.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Krystin H,

Your review is simply awesome, and not just because it's incredibly kind! We take great pride in going above-and -beyond for all of our customers, and I'm so happy that Brenna and Anthony were able to locate your purse for you!

It's very gracious of you to take the time to acknowledge these exceptional guest service agents. I hope we have the privilage of accommodating you and yours again in the future.

Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

The rooms here are typical Sheraton rooms. I stayed just two nights for a couple of the events at the 2011 Balloon Fiesta. I arrived late in the afternoon in the pouring rain, but there was some parking that was close to the main entry. That was convenient because the restaurant was never open in the morning or afternoon times I wanted to eat. I had to go out and find a place. Happy that there was a Pei Wei nearby. There are a couple of larger shopping/restaurant locations nearby, but during the Fiesta, it was insane just to get in and out of those parking lots, so I will definitely look for a hotel with 24x7 room service next time. Especially because the fiesta events are super early (5am anybody?) and run late.

Hotel likes/dislikes:
I really like Sheraton's variety of pillows for each bed. There will definitely be one you like.

The mini refrigerator never got cold enough to make my water bottles any colder than room temperature. I could have left them in the hall and they would have been colder.

The hotel does have a great view of the mountains, and I could see across a large area, so it was easy for me to see the weather changing from rainy to sunny. This turned out to be important for the events I planned to attend.

Internet access was decent. Not super fast, but not too slow to drive me crazy.
Sheraton has learned well in the shower-head area. Water pressure was really good from my middle floor room.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the mountains. Elevators are a bit slow, so you might prefer a mid-level floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Dear Anne-

Thank you for your review of our property, you did bring up some great points for us to review and to look at how we manage for next years balloon fest..

We must not have communicated well... We did open up our cafe each morning at 4:30 am serving breakfast sandwiches and coffee and snacks. I am sorry if we did not mention that to you. In the evenings we did serve dinner in our bar until 11pm, along with room service available from 6am to 11pm. So I understand this may not have met your needs and we will definitely look into extended hours for 2012.

I see we had a couple more issues that which I apologize for and know we can fix moving forward. I hope you will contact me directly and I know we can meet your expectations for next year fest. I know we met and exceeded several of your needs and know we can fix and exceed in the future..

I would love the opportunity to personally make your reservation for next years fest and show you how your review will make a perfect stay this year..

Thanks for your review and opportunity to earn your future business.

Yours in Hospitality

Damen Kompanowski
damen.kompanowski@sheratonuptown.com
505.830.5795

Been to Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown? Share your experiences!