“Nice Hotel in Albuquerque” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown to your Saves list
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2600 Louisiana Boulevard NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110 (Uptown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #18 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Yukon, Oklahoma
“Nice Hotel in Albuquerque”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Traveling over the holidays I chose this hotel as it got nice reviews. I have not stayed at a 'Sheraton' before but have heard from friends and family that these hotels are nice. Checking in at this hotel was breeze, no lines at elevators, great room too with everything you would ask for. I got a great price for the room as well over the Christmas holiday so I don't have any complaints at all for this hotel. It's location is great as well and only a few blocks from I-40. I would give this hotel a "5 Star" rating as I think it is a bit behind the times.
In this world of cellphones, computers and other digital devices, there is no free Wi-Fi at the hotel. Most other hotel chains offer this service and I make note of those that do. Why not "Sheraton"? The service they do provide is offered for $9.95 after I made a call to 'Lodgnet' customer service and then the front desk who then informed me of the $9.95.
I have been to other nice hotel chains that offer free Wi-Fi and tell me when I check-in and give me an access code as well. Needless to say, I would be a bit more impressed with Sheraton if they offered this service.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Carrie C, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Dear Rkymtn84,

I'm happy that we were able to meet the majority of your needs, and that you enjoyed your stay with us over Christmas. Our location can not be beat! Also, a huge thank you to your friends and family for recommending Sheraton. I hope you will continue to choose Sheraton/Starwood for your hotel needs. I'm confident you will be pleased.

Allow me to apologize for the internet. We understand the convenience of free wi-fi in rooms. At this time though, this is a Starwood policy as well as the policy of most "full-service" hotels. However, we will continue to offer free wi-fi in the lobby, and in our club lounge which can be utilized for a $15 fee and includes continental breakfast, drinks and h’douvres, and an amazing view! I hope you will consider this options shall you visit a Sheraton property again.

710 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Lubbock, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

The staff at the Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown truly care about their guests. After traveling in the car for 9.5 hours, my husband and I arrived at the Sheraton to find that my purse was missing. When we checked in, we mentioned this to the front desk and they inquired to where I may have left it. When my husband when back downstairs to check our vehicle one more time, he found Brenna & Anthony calling all of the Subway restaurants in Kingman, AZ to find it for me!! Talk about exceptional customer service. This was an unexpected gesture that I really appreciate. Beyond that, we had a fantastic dinner via room service and found the same extraordinary service from every employee we encountered throughout our stay. Kudos to the management for fostering employees that understand the true meaning of customer service! I recommend this establishment and would surely return.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Krystin H,

Your review is simply awesome, and not just because it's incredibly kind! We take great pride in going above-and -beyond for all of our customers, and I'm so happy that Brenna and Anthony were able to locate your purse for you!

It's very gracious of you to take the time to acknowledge these exceptional guest service agents. I hope we have the privilage of accommodating you and yours again in the future.

Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

The rooms here are typical Sheraton rooms. I stayed just two nights for a couple of the events at the 2011 Balloon Fiesta. I arrived late in the afternoon in the pouring rain, but there was some parking that was close to the main entry. That was convenient because the restaurant was never open in the morning or afternoon times I wanted to eat. I had to go out and find a place. Happy that there was a Pei Wei nearby. There are a couple of larger shopping/restaurant locations nearby, but during the Fiesta, it was insane just to get in and out of those parking lots, so I will definitely look for a hotel with 24x7 room service next time. Especially because the fiesta events are super early (5am anybody?) and run late.

Hotel likes/dislikes:
I really like Sheraton's variety of pillows for each bed. There will definitely be one you like.

The mini refrigerator never got cold enough to make my water bottles any colder than room temperature. I could have left them in the hall and they would have been colder.

The hotel does have a great view of the mountains, and I could see across a large area, so it was easy for me to see the weather changing from rainy to sunny. This turned out to be important for the events I planned to attend.

Internet access was decent. Not super fast, but not too slow to drive me crazy.
Sheraton has learned well in the shower-head area. Water pressure was really good from my middle floor room.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the mountains. Elevators are a bit slow, so you might prefer a mid-level floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, January 13, 2012
Dear Anne-

Thank you for your review of our property, you did bring up some great points for us to review and to look at how we manage for next years balloon fest..

We must not have communicated well... We did open up our cafe each morning at 4:30 am serving breakfast sandwiches and coffee and snacks. I am sorry if we did not mention that to you. In the evenings we did serve dinner in our bar until 11pm, along with room service available from 6am to 11pm. So I understand this may not have met your needs and we will definitely look into extended hours for 2012.

I see we had a couple more issues that which I apologize for and know we can fix moving forward. I hope you will contact me directly and I know we can meet your expectations for next year fest. I know we met and exceeded several of your needs and know we can fix and exceed in the future..

I would love the opportunity to personally make your reservation for next years fest and show you how your review will make a perfect stay this year..

Thanks for your review and opportunity to earn your future business.

Yours in Hospitality

Damen Kompanowski
damen.kompanowski@sheratonuptown.com
505.830.5795
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2011

We were awarded the Sheraton Uptown as part of our Bowl Selection.
Being that we are located in the Northeast, we were not sure what to expect in terms of Hotel arrangements. Needless to say, the Sheraton Uptown was outstanding. To avoid being too long with this review, let me just say the Sales / Banquet / Front Office Staff's were top notch in terms of accommodating our needs as well as finding solutions for the various problems that seem to always occur whenever we travel as a program.

Would definitely recommend to any Sports Team travelers or Larger Scale Event Planners!

Room Tip: Get a Room facing the Mountain to the back of the Hotel!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Damen K, Director of Sales at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, January 13, 2012
Dear David-

What a wonderful review on our hotel.. I know as Director of Sales I have the best sales team and associates to service our guest in town.. We were so happy when we heard Temple was staying with us.. My sales manager in charge of the group is a huge fan and several members of her family including her Father and Grandfather are alum of Temple.

We were also very happy with the outcome of the game... Go Owls... We feel we had a little part in this as well as all the player had a great nights rest....

Thanks Again..

Edward Mendoza
Director of Sales
Belen, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

We stayed here during the Thanksgiving Holiday. It was a little disappointing when we arrived to find out that the Club Lounge was going to be closed due to the holiday. However, we were pleasantly surprised with the accommodations they made to compensate. Everybody we came across was friendly, helpful and made our stay enjoyable. Starbucks in the room and in the restaurant was also a nice treat. We will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear JCarrillo123,

Accommodating our guests is always our number one priority, and I'm pleased that we were able to accomplish this for you. Sometimes we have to make decisions that could adversely affect our customers if done wrong, but we do everything we can to ensure that it's done right.

Please visit us again if you're ever in the area.

Albuquerque, NM USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

We recently had some very windy and cold weather in Albuquerque. My power went out and rather than deal with trying to stay bundled all night, and get ready in the cold the next day, I called around Albuquerque to find a hotel with reasonable prices that would let me bring my dog. I have a large husky/shepard mix who is 13 years old and not up to a night in the cold. She was welcomed with no extra charge, the only restriction being that dogs have to be under 80lbs. The hotel was nice with a very nice lobby, and the rooms were clean and nice. The bathroom was spacious and the amenities were modern. I only wish that a snow day had been declared for the kids so that we could have stuck around and used the indoor pool. The nice folks in the coffee shop also offered to make my daughter a sandwich in the kitchen for her to take in her lunch. Very kind staff.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, December 10, 2011
Dear Tygerchic-

Thank you for the wonderful revew, I am happy we were able to make this your home away from your intown home...

Lets not wait for the next storm... We have a great NM rate availible for you to come back with your kids and puppy to enjoy our hotel and location.

Happy Holidays

Damen Kompanowski
Albuquerque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

The Young Professionals of Albuquerque recently held its annual Holiday Party at The Sheraton Uptown. The staff was immensely helpful in the initial planning of this event and went out of their way to ensure that it was a great experience for our group from start to finish. We can confidently recommend The Sheraton Uptown as a great place to have any event. The food and décor were great. We had a great experience!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Damen K, Director of Sales at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, December 10, 2011
Dear YPA Members-

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and meetings at the Sheraton Uptown. I believe our hotel and your group is the perfect fit. We love to support your local chapter and the good you do in our community...

Edward Mendoza
Director of Sales

Been to Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown? Share your experiences!