“Great service bad bed bad internet service” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #35 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great service bad bed bad internet service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel for a week from June 23 to June 30. Our bed was very uncomfortable. The hotel charged $14 a day for wi-fi. The wi-fi should have been free, and the bed should be more comfortable. However, the front desk staff, housekeeping staff, and kitchen staff were very friendly, very helpful, and provided very timely service. If you are going to operate so close to the airport and charge a premium rate, I suggest you give your guests free wi-fi and get some more comfortable beds.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ivan A, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Steve S,

I’m happy to inform you that we do have complimentary WiFi available to our guest 24 hours in our lobby. I was surprised to hear that your bed was not comfortable and would like to apologize for the inconvenience. Typically our guests give our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds a high rating due to our signature duvet, 300+ thread count sheets, and both feather down and hypoallergenic pillows. Thank you for recognizing our front office, housekeeping, and kitchen associates for their great service. We hope to see you back soon.

279 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This hotel has been many things, and myself and my family have stayed here while it was just about every name it's been. The new renovations as a Sheraton are very nice. While you can tell the building itself and rooms are older, the renovations make it a very pleasant hotel.

While they do have a shuttle (and that might be better if you have a lot of luggage), it's literally only a 5 minute walk from the lower level baggage claim. Simply exit the baggage claim and go all the way down to the left, and follow the signs / walkway to the Sheraton. Do be watchful of the traffic as you cross as there is a spot where it may be somewhat difficult for the cars to see crossing pedestrians.

The rooms themselves are nice enough. One odd thing is that there is no mirror in the main room, as seems to be common in most hotel rooms. Two bottles of water were provided in the room for free, with a third available for purchase.

We had breakfast in the restaurant and it was very adequate for a hotel breakfast. Room service is offered as well. Bottom line, if you're looking for an airport hotel or even just an ABQ hotel if you're renting a car, then this is a great option.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Joey P,

I’m pleased that our hotels proximity to Albuquerque’s International Sunport terminal provided a positive experience for you. The Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel is only a short 5 minute walk from the airport which is very convenient to our guests. Something to look forward to during your next stay is the full length mirror located in the built in closet space. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your next stay.

Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

WE were just here 1 night prior to a flight, but it was great. The room was spacious and obviously just renovated, lots of ceramic tile and a wood-look entry. We had dinner in the restaurant, the service was very good and the chicken marsala excellent. They have premium wine tasting going on now and it looked interesting but we did not do that. The shuttle service to the airport left right on time. We will be back if in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
jcpc21,

Thank you for staying with us the night before your flight and for recognizing our Rojo Grill. I agree the Chicken Marsala is an excellent menu offering. I will pass on your experience with our food and beverage associates. The next time you stay with us you must try our Sheraton Social Hour. During Sheraton Social Hour you get a two ounce pours of two different 90+ rated wines for just $5.00. Our offerings change day-to-day, and it’s a great way to experience new wines. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you during your next visit to Albuquerque.

Ontario, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Our soccer team had to leave Hotel Cascada because there was a drive by shooting as soon as we arrived. Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel was able to accommodate us. The lobby area and rooms are nice. But don't eat their food. The food was awful. They served our soccer team hard nasty eggs and undercooked sausages. And they served it everyday for 7 days straight! The hotel does not provide free Wi-Fi. Charges you $12.95 per day. Charges $15 per day if you want a refrigerator. The 4th floor smells like crap. They housekeepers leave their trash bags in the lobby. The elevators consistently do not work. The hotel had people using the stairs to walk up and down because their elevators were either broken or were too slow. Only 2 elevators for this large hotel. The only bright spot and why I gave the hotel a 2 star and not a 1 star is their employee...George Carver III. My family and I checked out on our last day and watched the world cup in the restaurant area. He served us their nasty food(I ordered the salad, figured they couldn't mess that up), and provided non stopped service why we watched the game. He was great....other than that, do yourself a favor, stay away from this hotel. If you have to stay at a Sheraton, use the Uptown Sheraton. I see no reason to ever use the Sheraton Airport, even if they were giving away rooms for free.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ivan A, Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
It is with disappointment that I read the comments of your post. The staff at the Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel strives to excel at customer service and delivery of our product at every touch point to which is reflective in our customer service scores and ratings. Unfortunately on very rare occasions our staff is confronted with behaviors that are not only disruptive to other guests in the hotel and/or are physically damaging to the property, but unfortunately as well violate the hotel’s operating procedures. These operating procedures are in place not only to protect our guests, our staff and the community, but are in adherence with local, state and federal law. Many of our guests have voiced concern with the behaviors of a small handful of guests staying at the hotel to which were promptly addressed. I apologize if you were caught up in any way either directly or indirectly with any interactions involving any of our guests that may have acted out in a less than dignified and/or threating manner. We did have others guest apologized from within these groups due to the behaviors exhibited.

Interactions with our guests are to be maintained in a professional manner and in accordance with the overall operating procedures of the hotel. This is achieved through extensive continuous training to which your comments and concerns will be used as a tool to further enhance our training program. I would like to close in thanking you for your feedback and for taking the time to express your concerns.

Warmest regards,
Ryan Platow
Director of Operations
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I had a 6 am flight out of Albuquerque so this was my top choice for a hotel due to location and shuttle service. Room was larger and nicer than I had expected. Shuttle service to and from airport was excellent. Easy, quick check in.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
emiwood,

I’m pleased that our services and proximity to the Airport makes your early morning air travel easier. The Sheraton Albuquerque Airport is located just minutes away from the airport which is very convenient to our guests to walk or take our complimentary 24 hour airport shuttle. Thank you for your business we hope to see you back soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Albuquerque...let me just say, our soccer team experienced the worst this state has to offer. Hotel Cascada lets outsiders come in. Our children witnessed fights, the hotel got shot up and we left immediately. Luckily, Sheraton had rooms available. Not too keen on the strict rules given the hotel is part of Stay & Play. Also, not happy to hear one of our families had mold in their shower and had to switch rooms. What made everything right was Devon. She greeted us with a smile. She had a positive attitude in every interaction. She was complimentary of her staff. And she made the best Bloody Mary I've ever had. She is the one exception to the experience we have had here. Thank you Devon for the exceptional
service. And thank you Edwina for being so sweet and hospitable.

• Stayed June 2014
Ivan A, Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Christina O,

Warmest regards,
Ryan Platow
Director of Operations
Aransas Pass, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel many times since 2010. All of our stays in the past have been very nice. Our dog travels with us, so it's great that this is a pet friendly hotel. Our last stay was not good. As always, guest services was friendly and helpful...until our last night at the hotel, more about that later. The linens are clean and the sheets are pressed so we are assured there are no live bugs in them. The bellmen are always gracious and do their level best to please. So no complaints there. I arrived on 6-14 and was given room 401. That room is on the pet floor and is at the end of the hallway. We always stay on that floor with our pet, and have never had a problem. Something smelled really bad at that end of the hall that day. And the smell got continuously worse as I walked from the elevator toward that room. Thankfully, the smell was not in the room...yet. I am not talking about a slight smell, or a pet smell, I am talking about something that stunk. The next morning, I spoke to the maid and asked her what the smell was. She said she didn't know. I called the front desk and told them it smelled like something dead in that hallway. The desk clerk sounded shocked, as though no one had ever told her that. I do not believe I am the only person to ever report that smell, and after reading the reviews, I can see that others have smelled it too. The next day the smell was worse. I was out most of the day, and hoped they would have something done about it by the time I arrived back. Nope, it still stunk, and now the stink was coming into the room. My husband said it smelled like their vent to the the plumbing was stopped up. It was awful. They came and sprayed our room with deodorizer. It helped for a little while. I finally walked down the 4 flights (the elevators were both out) to the desk clerk and requested another room. He gave us room 324, at the other end of the hallway on floor 3. The bellman came and helped us with our bags and we took the service elevator to the 3rd floor. He and the first bellman both agreed that there was a pretty bad smell in that hallway. To our amazement, the other end of the hallway stunk too. And room 324 stunk as well, and yes they had to come and spray the room with deodorizer. I don't know what is going on in that hotel, but they have a problem. We will NEVER stay there again. I'm thinking the health department should be notified of this. If it's methane gas that's polluting the hallways and rooms, this could be very serious. Oh, and on a final note, the desk clerk who moved us also up-charged us $20 on the room rate, and did not let us know he was doing so. Thank you for ensuring that this was our last stay at the Sheraton Airport Albuquerque. I rated the service terrible because of him.

Room Tip: Don't stay in rooms near the end of the hallways, they stink!!