“Stay away from Albuquerque and this hotel!” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #37 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Ontario, California
“Stay away from Albuquerque and this hotel!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Our soccer team had to leave Hotel Cascada because there was a drive by shooting as soon as we arrived. Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel was able to accommodate us. The lobby area and rooms are nice. But don't eat their food. The food was awful. They served our soccer team hard nasty eggs and undercooked sausages. And they served it everyday for 7 days straight! The hotel does not provide free Wi-Fi. Charges you $12.95 per day. Charges $15 per day if you want a refrigerator. The 4th floor smells like crap. They housekeepers leave their trash bags in the lobby. The elevators consistently do not work. The hotel had people using the stairs to walk up and down because their elevators were either broken or were too slow. Only 2 elevators for this large hotel. The only bright spot and why I gave the hotel a 2 star and not a 1 star is their employee...George Carver III. My family and I checked out on our last day and watched the world cup in the restaurant area. He served us their nasty food(I ordered the salad, figured they couldn't mess that up), and provided non stopped service why we watched the game. He was great....other than that, do yourself a favor, stay away from this hotel. If you have to stay at a Sheraton, use the Uptown Sheraton. I see no reason to ever use the Sheraton Airport, even if they were giving away rooms for free.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ivan A, Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
It is with disappointment that I read the comments of your post. The staff at the Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel strives to excel at customer service and delivery of our product at every touch point to which is reflective in our customer service scores and ratings. Unfortunately on very rare occasions our staff is confronted with behaviors that are not only disruptive to other guests in the hotel and/or are physically damaging to the property, but unfortunately as well violate the hotel’s operating procedures. These operating procedures are in place not only to protect our guests, our staff and the community, but are in adherence with local, state and federal law. Many of our guests have voiced concern with the behaviors of a small handful of guests staying at the hotel to which were promptly addressed. I apologize if you were caught up in any way either directly or indirectly with any interactions involving any of our guests that may have acted out in a less than dignified and/or threating manner. We did have others guest apologized from within these groups due to the behaviors exhibited.

Interactions with our guests are to be maintained in a professional manner and in accordance with the overall operating procedures of the hotel. This is achieved through extensive continuous training to which your comments and concerns will be used as a tool to further enhance our training program. I would like to close in thanking you for your feedback and for taking the time to express your concerns.

Warmest regards,
Ryan Platow
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I had a 6 am flight out of Albuquerque so this was my top choice for a hotel due to location and shuttle service. Room was larger and nicer than I had expected. Shuttle service to and from airport was excellent. Easy, quick check in.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Ivan A, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
emiwood,

I’m pleased that our services and proximity to the Airport makes your early morning air travel easier. The Sheraton Albuquerque Airport is located just minutes away from the airport which is very convenient to our guests to walk or take our complimentary 24 hour airport shuttle. Thank you for your business we hope to see you back soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Albuquerque...let me just say, our soccer team experienced the worst this state has to offer. Hotel Cascada lets outsiders come in. Our children witnessed fights, the hotel got shot up and we left immediately. Luckily, Sheraton had rooms available. Not too keen on the strict rules given the hotel is part of Stay & Play. Also, not happy to hear one of our families had mold in their shower and had to switch rooms. What made everything right was Devon. She greeted us with a smile. She had a positive attitude in every interaction. She was complimentary of her staff. And she made the best Bloody Mary I've ever had. She is the one exception to the experience we have had here. Thank you Devon for the exceptional
service. And thank you Edwina for being so sweet and hospitable.

• Stayed June 2014
Ivan A, Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Christina O,

Warmest regards,
Ryan Platow
Director of Operations
Aransas Pass, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel many times since 2010. All of our stays in the past have been very nice. Our dog travels with us, so it's great that this is a pet friendly hotel. Our last stay was not good. As always, guest services was friendly and helpful...until our last night at the hotel, more about that later. The linens are clean and the sheets are pressed so we are assured there are no live bugs in them. The bellmen are always gracious and do their level best to please. So no complaints there. I arrived on 6-14 and was given room 401. That room is on the pet floor and is at the end of the hallway. We always stay on that floor with our pet, and have never had a problem. Something smelled really bad at that end of the hall that day. And the smell got continuously worse as I walked from the elevator toward that room. Thankfully, the smell was not in the room...yet. I am not talking about a slight smell, or a pet smell, I am talking about something that stunk. The next morning, I spoke to the maid and asked her what the smell was. She said she didn't know. I called the front desk and told them it smelled like something dead in that hallway. The desk clerk sounded shocked, as though no one had ever told her that. I do not believe I am the only person to ever report that smell, and after reading the reviews, I can see that others have smelled it too. The next day the smell was worse. I was out most of the day, and hoped they would have something done about it by the time I arrived back. Nope, it still stunk, and now the stink was coming into the room. My husband said it smelled like their vent to the the plumbing was stopped up. It was awful. They came and sprayed our room with deodorizer. It helped for a little while. I finally walked down the 4 flights (the elevators were both out) to the desk clerk and requested another room. He gave us room 324, at the other end of the hallway on floor 3. The bellman came and helped us with our bags and we took the service elevator to the 3rd floor. He and the first bellman both agreed that there was a pretty bad smell in that hallway. To our amazement, the other end of the hallway stunk too. And room 324 stunk as well, and yes they had to come and spray the room with deodorizer. I don't know what is going on in that hotel, but they have a problem. We will NEVER stay there again. I'm thinking the health department should be notified of this. If it's methane gas that's polluting the hallways and rooms, this could be very serious. Oh, and on a final note, the desk clerk who moved us also up-charged us $20 on the room rate, and did not let us know he was doing so. Thank you for ensuring that this was our last stay at the Sheraton Airport Albuquerque. I rated the service terrible because of him.

Room Tip: Don't stay in rooms near the end of the hallways, they stink!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1hairleft,

I would like to apologize for the odor issue during your recent stay. I would also like to extend to you my contact information (ivan.aguilar@sheratonabqairport.com or you can reach me at 505.843.7000). If you have the opportunity I would be interested in some additional information so that we can investigate the conditions you have reported.

Thank you for sharing your experience!
Natick, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Yes I had some minor hiccups (ie. toilet didnt work the first night and my key card didnt work 4 times) but the service and staff were beyond professional. Ive stayed in hundreds of hotels in my lifetime and it was truly obvious that guests come first always. From the consierge to the front desk to the housekeepers...everyone was super curteous and willing to go above and beyond to help. I fell in love with NM and defintely plan on returning to this hotel. Thank you for a great experience!

Room Tip: Get a pool view :) But all rooms are great
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Viviana M,

I’m delighted to know that you “fell in love with NM”! New Mexico is truly a special place bursting with culture everywhere you turn. Thank you for acknowledging our courteous and helpful associates. I will make sure to pass on your kind words. We appreciate your understanding regarding the restroom and room keys. I hope this was not too much of an inconvenience. We hope to see you back in New Mexico at the Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel soon.

Bettendorf Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel the night before flying out of the Albuquerque airport. The room was clean and well appointed. Great shower, always a plus.
The front desk staff were helpful. I forgot my toothbrush and was quickly provided a toothbrush with a smile.
The beds were comfortable. It was quiet (always a concern when staying so close to the airport). The airport shuttle was convenient and on time. Staff was courteous. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice hotel near the airport.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Karen C,

I appreciate your awesome description “Great hotel near airport”, because that is what we aim for! I recognize how stressful traveling can become so it’s good to hear that we can alleviate some of that the night before a flight out. Even though you can walk to the airport it’s great to know that the hotel is quiet and our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed provides an awesome nights rest. We hope to see you back at the hotel soon!

Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I received a message from the concierge the day before to see if I needed any special help or considerations. The front desk staff was friendly, skilled and efficient -- no long line or delays in check in at all. Shuttle service to the airport was timely. Room was clean. One of the best layouts for business travel I've seen. Plenty of outlets for chargers. Bathroom was immaculate. The room temperature control was wonderful - kept it comfortable. No annoying throw off the covers, pull them back on as you get in so many other hotel rooms.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Brendon B,

Wow! Thank you for your acknowledgment of our associates and services. We are pleased to hear that you have chosen us as your new preferred hotel in Albuquerque. I will pass on your awesome recognition to our concierge, front office, and shuttle associates and we will continue to provide you with stellar service. I’m happy to hear that you found comfort not only in our room amenities, but with the temperature in the room. We are eagerly awaiting your next visit to Albuquerque and thank you for your business!

Ivan Aguilar

Been to Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!