“Just right for the airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #36 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
Lancashire, United Kingdom
“Just right for the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We moved down here from Santa Fe by Railrunner and shuttle the evening before our flight back to Chicago, and the location was just right, a short distance walk across to the airport. Like others, we found room maintenance a bit lacking (shower head loose on the wall), but the location and the food made up for it. We had been allocated a room on the top floor, which felt a bit exposed given that the hotel is the tallest for some distance around, but the bonus was that we had access to the Club Lounge : who needs dessert at dinner when there was so much delicious stuff on hand for free in the Lounge! And the room was otherwise fine anyway.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
David E, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Railbuffs,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. We appreciate your business. I apologize for the loose shower head. If you didn't report it to the front desk if you would provide me with the room information I can have maintenance check out the room. Also thank you for great comments about the club, lounge, food and staff.

We hope we get an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

279 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was on a Road Scholar tour and stayed there for a total of 3 nights in October 2013. The manager, Ivan [--], was rude and not helpful. We were three middle aged women in a handicapped room (which we did not request) which had a small, half closet. When we asked the concierge to visit the room, she brought Ivan the manager with her. He proceeded to tell us that the room did accommodate three people. That wasn't our issue. It was for a handicapped person and didn't have the room we needed. He was not interested in assisting us. The food was inedible. One of our programs was re-located twice and we didn't know where to go.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Ivan A, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Marie C,
I would like to personally apologize for your experience during your recent stay. Please know that it was never my intention to offend you and your travel partners by offering complementary dinner and Starwood Preferred Guest points for the inconvenience. I do understand the need for additional vanity space and closet space when traveling with various people in one room and apologize that the space provided in your room was not adequate. The hotel staff attempted to accommodate your request for extra luggage racks and extra table space, but from the information you have provided I recognize that we didn’t meet your expectations. I hope that you will give us the opportunity in the future to prove to you that we can exceed them. If you find the time I would like to apologize to you and your travel partners please feel free to contact me at 505.843.7000 or via email at ivan.aguilar@sheratonabqaiport.com.
Ivan Aguilar
Front Office Manager
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed theer earlier this week and the bathtub drained very slowly (gross!!) and also the cabinet pull in the main closet across from the sink was hanging by a thread and looked dangerous. One part of the pul was screwed in and the other part was not.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ellen:

First thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your recent stay. Second, I apologize if there was anything wrong with the room. We always strive to maintain our rooms and your feedback is helpful. '

We appreciate your kind words about our staff as well. We hope you give us another opportunity to show you we don't always have issues and that this was an isolated incident.

Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed here twice on the same trip, once when we arrived (late night flight) and again when we left (early morning departure). Our rooms were quiet and comfortable, yet with a nice view of the airport. We had the usual amenities that you'd expect from Sheraton. The staff was friendly and efficient. We skipped breakfast at the hotel.

There's not much to do within walking distance of the hotel, but a short drive gets you to downtown, the university district, etc. It's a bit far from the balloon fiesta grounds, if that's your reason for coming to town.

The free shuttle to the airport is great and runs frequently. You can walk to the airport if you like (it's less than a mile) and if you don't have a lot of bags. They will also shuttle you directly to/from the car rental terminal, which is too far to walk, but you may need to call them to pick you up.

There are a few other hotels nearby, but I think I'd stay here again for the combination of features, comfort, and price. Our two stays were about a week apart, one in September and one in October. I am going to write just one review, as the comments and my opinion would be the same for both.

Room Tip: The rooms are all pretty quiet. Some have a nice view of the sunrise over the mountains.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Over the past few years of 75% business travel I've made it a rule to avoid airport hotels. I almost always find them undesirable, and while convenient to flying, lacking the proximity to dining and other fun things in the cities I visit. However, recently (and after increased travel) I've began to value convenience.

This hotel is a stand out and I am so glad I chose it! I think each time I'm in ABQ in the future I'll stay here (and this is coming from a triple SPG Platinum dude....I've seen it all).

- The renovation is obvious, everything is nice and new but still have New Mexican charm in accents and architecture
- Rooms are nice, spacious, clean and everything works!
- Staff is super friendly
- Shuttle will take you pretty much anywhere
- Lots of casual meeting spaces around to sit and do work/meet
- Bar staff is super friendly and helpful (and check in staff was super generous with bar coupons for SPG Platinum)

Way to go Sheraton ABQ Airport!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MarkyMark,

Thank you for the great review of our staff and facilities. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience for our guests and I am glad we were successful.

We hope we are able to serve you many more times in the future. We appreciate your business.

Nanaimo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Very close to airport; walkable in good weather with light luggage. Free pickup and drop to car rentals and airport. Great late night service at bar when kitchen was closed, lovely welcome at front desk. Kudos to bar tender who found something relatively palatable given we hadn't eaten re: delayed flight. Room was so dark, bed so comfortable we overslept; only drawback was early morning maids yelling at each other.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
David E, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you so for the 5 star review of our hotel. We certainly enjoy hearing positive comments about our staff, service, and facilities. Thank for your business and we hope we can be of service in the future,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

This is most likely my first negative review on TripAdvisor. The night worker Felicia is not chill. My company booked several rooms here from Expedia... We are used to booking rooms all over the country and this place is the first place to claim that Expedia will just book you a room and not tell you whether it is a single or double...HA Expedia is a big company they are not Hotwire this is absolutely ridiculous...so now I am in a room with a roll-away bed and my friend is on the roll-a-way. It came with no pillows or blankets so I called the front desk...Felicia actually hung up on me....Wow. Stay away from this place the Hilton Garden is right next door.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Crushingit,

I would like to personally apologize to you for any rude treatment you received. I would welcome an opportunity to speak with you and provide you with some type of resolution to assure your satisfaction and discuss Expedia's booking system with you.

We value you business and appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to contact me at dave.eisenbraun@sheratonabqairport.com or 505-244-8532.

Best Regards,

Been to Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!