“What more could I ask for a short stay?” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #41 of 148 Hotels in Albuquerque
Palmdale, California
“What more could I ask for a short stay?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I was originally planning to stay at this property but unfortunately I had to squeeze some stays with another hotel brand and it's loyalty program. However, after a delayed flight coming in past midnight, another early morning departure, and a shuttle that never came, I cancelled that stay and switched to the Sheraton which took less time for me to walk from the airport terminal than the entire duration of my waiting for the shuttle of the other hotel! And for those that would rather not walk or have quite a bit of luggage at hand, they thankfully also offer a shuttle service!

Was greeted at check-in by Jonathan, a surprisingly friendly soul whom I wish I could encounter more whenever I enter a hotel at ungodly hours! The entire process was very speedy considering that I didn't have a prior reservation. With only 4 hours to eat, sleep, freshen up, and get ready for another day, every minute did count and Jonathan valued it just as much!

The bar area was also open late (thank heavens), has a limited food menu (never thought I'd be so happy to see a ham sandwich after a delayed 20 hour trek from Shanghai via Chicago!), and was attended by Judy, another friendly staff who welcomed everyone with just as much friendliness, regardless of the hour!

The room itself is the typical contemporary Sheraton standard, most especially with the Sweet Sleeper bed which was a godsend which made me wish I had more than just a handful of hours to rest!

Truly a convenient property for those that require to be close to the airport and don't want to bother waiting for shuttles. Would I stay again? Likely but hopefully with more time at hand!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
David E, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Hello Chasingtheskies,

Thank you for nice compliments about our staff and our hotel. We know you have many choices for lodging and I am glad you choose us when the other brands shuttle failed to come.

Your comments about Jonathon are very true he is definitely a pleasant soul even at 6:30 am after working all night he has a pleasant tone and a smile on his face. We know travel is not always fun and we work hard to take care of our guests, making our part of your travel itinerary the more pleasant part of that travel experience.

I am glad you were able to take advantage of our 24 hour food service with our after hours menu and experience Jody's pleasant smile and demeanor. I have to agree with you after a long day of travel there isn't anything better than crawling into the wonderful Sweet Sleeper Bed by Sheraton for a restful nights sleep.

We hope the next time you are in town you have more time to experience our staff and hotel. We also have a new fabulous Chef who joined the team at the beginning of February and he has some amazing food. We hope you can spend a few days and experience some of his culinary delights. He prides himself in fresh ingredients and from scratch cooking.

David Eisenbraun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Korean first
reb6234
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Page 11 of in room dining states: "For 24 hour snacking, vending machines are available on every other floor."
Receptionist Lawrence says: "We have soda machines. If you want a snack, there a convenience store 3 blocks away. I don't know why the book says that."
BOO . RUDE.

• Stayed February 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed here a week while on business and had no complaints. Service was good from the check-in to the housekeeping. The rooms were nice and comfy and the bathroom was spacious. Had dinner at the restaurant twice was OK. Hotel really close to airport and a major highway which was convenient. Would stay again if in Albuquerque.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hello Whitma,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We appreciate your positive comments about housekeeping and the service at check-in as well as the overall accommodations. We take pride in providing our guests with a positive experience.

Although you said the dinner in the restaurant was Ok it doesn't sound like we wowed you. We want have that extraordinary experience every where our guest go in the hotel. Which we are working to improve. We have recently hired a new Executive Chef to the team and are see a lot of positive feedback from our guests. He is a chef that prides himself in the use of fresh products of the highest quality So next time you do stay I hope we can give you better than OK in the restaurant and provide you with the WOW food and beverage experience.

Again thank for your positive comments and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Rio Rancho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton this weekend. I have to say I was more than a little bit surprised. I live in Rio Rancho and I have watched this hotel go from a Wyndam to Albuqeruque Grand, to the Sheraton. I had heard various things about the hotel when it was the Grand and it was mostly negative.

This was far from negative. I went for a conference and the staff at the desk were fantastic. Stuart was awesome (you rock kid). The lobby was really nice and welcoming, very modern, had just a good vibe about it. The bellman Dominic was just plain cool and had a great attitude. Everyone smiled, greeted me and were very pleasant including the housekeeping staff.

During our conference, the staff wasfriendly and pleasant, the conference rooms were very nice. The lunch buffet was amazing, both from selection to taste. The barbeque sauce on the chicken was really great didn't seem like your ordinary bbq sauce. Desert was unique and my favorite. Best banquet food I have had attending a conference. Our group met here last year and I didn't attend. Most of my colleagues said last year was good but this year was great. What ever they are doing keep it up. By the way can I have the recipe for the BBQ sauce. Thanks to the Sheraton for a great food and service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Portola Hills, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I booked this due to it's literal walking distance from the terminal.
What a nice surprise! The room I stayed in had a view of the Airport, which is fascinating to me. The room was very clean, well stocked, and had everything I could wish for except a mini fridge. The bed was very comfortable, and the interior design was clean, uncluttered, and way above my expectations for a $ 80.00 per night room. The room was smallish, but that's ok with me. There was a nice sink/vanity area, and a separate bathroom/toilet. Lots of nice closet space, and a fresh scent. The linens were cozy and well coordinated. I found this Hotel to be one of the nicer surprises that I have experienced during my travels.
I did not eat at the restaurant, just at the lobby bar. The bar food items were ok, nothing stellar. Drinks and such were priced reasonably, and their wine quality was decent. The lounge seemed a bit too sterile, and way too bright. The bar service was acceptable, but could use improvement. My bartender seemed much more interested in chatting with locals rather than taking care of travelers. A big turnoff to me. But, there's other bars in town to have drinks.

Room Tip: If you like airplanes, get a room at the airport side. It is very quiet, no worries. Their windows h...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
David E, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Hello Uwe S,

First thank you for your review. We appreciate both the positive comments as well as your constructive feedback. We completed a $14 million dollar rennovation in 2011 and we get a lot of positive feedback about the property. We are pleased you enjoyed the accommodations.

Also thank you for your comments about the bar lighting. It is much more appealling atmosphere when the lighting is turned down and we will be addressing this with staff members. In addition I do apologize the bartender was not as attentive as they should have been. I hope you give us an opportunity in the future to make a better impression. We do have a lot to offer in our lounge, including NBA games, MLB games, as well as our Sheraton Social Hour which features tastings wines rated 90+ by Wine Spectator.

Again thank for your review and we hope to have an opportunity to provide future positive experiences when you are in Albuquerque.

Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I'm sure this review is going to get me into all kinds of trouble, but I really just have to point out that you would be a whole lot happier at the Hyatt Place. My sister and I make a trip to Santa Fe every year in January, and we fly in to Albuquerque because it's the most convenient destination and avoids a lot of connections. We've stayed at the Sheraton, Hyatt Place, and back at the Sheraton, and I just have to say (hands down) that Hyatt Place far out paces the Sheraton in terms of quality of room, friendliness of staff, overall hotel atmosphere...well, I could go on and on.

The Sheraton does have a fantastic gym, and it's super close to the airport, but here are some of the disadvantages of this hotel:

1. A shuttle upon request only. It takes a long time.
2. No breakfast, no complimentary coffee (this is an airport hotel?!?!)
3. Dark rooms
4. Rooms that definitely have a feeling like they were quickly renovated to look "modern" - even though they don't feel very modern
5. Front desk staff that disappear into other rooms at prime time (8:30 a.m. on a Sunday morning, for example) and force you to finally go looking for them after ten minutes of waiting
6. Long lines

The Hyatt Place, on the other hand, has an extensive and delicious breakfast (healthy options too!) Rooms with a whole adjacent living area. Incredibly friendly staff. Nice decor. Reliable shuttle. Anyhow, I say go for the Hyatt! You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Choose Hyatt Place instead! Unless you really need a good workout, and then maybe consider the Shera...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hello Biztraveler20,

First thank you for your review. Although we always love to hear positive comments we also value the comments which help us improve our service and product. We are very sorry you were disappointed in your last stay. We always strive to exceed our guest expectations and it is obvious we didn't live up to our committments in your case.

I would welcome an opportunity to speak with you personally about any deficiencies you experienced and come up with a resolution which you are 100% satisified with. Please feel free to call the hotel at 505-843-7000 and ask to speak to the General Manager

Thank you again for giving us an opportunity to improve and make things right for you.

General Manager.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This was my second trip to Abq, on the first trip we stayed in one of the "locally inspired" motels, and was not disgusted with it, but it could have been better, so I decided to read many reviews before booking a place to stay for our second trip. After reading all of the rave reviews of the Sheraton, and a few that seemed to be written by people who are not happy with not just the motel, but with life, I decided to book a room. We were delightfully surprised when we walked inside to find beautiful furnishings, as well as to find that the surrounding area was quite lively, yet quite. Yes, the outside does look a bit drab, though to be honest, most of Abq looks this way. The atmosphere is very up-to-date and inviting, and the choice of Starbucks drinks right in the lobby is quite a plus! The room was spotless and very comfortable, offering an array of different seating and small tables that are efficient to use for in-room meals. The bathroom was beautifully lit, with an adjustable showerhead, plentiful towels, closet, high-powered hair dryer, a complimentary bottle of water, as well as a coffee maker with medium-blend Starbucks coffee and two different Tazo teas! The bed was very comfortable, though, the only thing I would suggest, is to bring your own pillow if you are not a fan of feather pillows, took some adjusting to get comfortable. The television was fabulous, large hd flat-screen, able to be hooked up to gaming consoles if you so choose to bring it with you, as well as a selection of movies to order, many of which are still in theaters. The price of the movies was usually around $16, but it is cheaper than going to the theater as a couple, though there were some others that were only $5! The last morning, we ordered room service, the Santa Fe toast and Belgian waffle, delivered promptly and were tasty! We recieved a $5 voucher for the day that we did not need the room to be made up, an offer I think more motels should provide. We pre-paid online allowing us a better rate, not to mention a better price than what we paid for the very mediocre motel we stayed in on our first visit. The staff was very pleasant, as well very accomodating when I called ahead to ask for a room on a high floor. We are planning a trip back to Abq soon and will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: The 5th floor has refrigerators in the rooms, ice-machine, and drink machine. We noticed that there...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello, Natasha W.

Wow thank you for the very nice review. We love hearing our guest have had an extraordinary experience. We are glad you enjoyed all the hotel has to offer. Our staff always stirives to deliver any special request, and just a note on the pillows we can even take the feather pillows out and supply you with a foam alternative.

We hope you come back to Albuqeurque and we have opportunity to provide great experiences again. Thanks for your business.