“One Of The Nicest I Have Stayed In” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #41 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Dewey, Arizona
“One Of The Nicest I Have Stayed In”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is one of the most pleasant hotels that I have stayed in. I can find nothing to find fault with. I am so pleased with my room, it is well appointed, elegantly understated, comfortable, reasonably priced and spotlessly clean. The staff has been 100% pleasant and helpful and the in house restaurant serves wonderful, reasonably priced food.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great. Upper floor rooms have beautiful views.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
David E, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Martha,

Thank you for your fantastic review of our hotel. WE love hearing when our guests have had a wonderful experience. Our staff strives to exceed our guest expectations in everything they do. We are glad we were successful in our mission with you.

We hope the Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel will be your lodging choice when ever you visit Albuquerque.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We flew into Albuquerque on our way to Taos. We had planned to drive directly to Taos, but our plane arrived late. So, we made a last-minute decision to spend one night in Albuquerque. This hotel was just what we needed, after a long day at airports. Our room and beds were clean and comfortable. A late dinner and early breakfast at the hotel restaurant were both delicious as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel after a long day of flying and delays. We are grateful for your business and we appreciate your positive comments.

When your are in Albuquerque again we hope you can have an opportunity to spend some time exploring the city and experience the wonderful Southwestern Culture. We would love to have you and your family back with us. Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs.
El Paso, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Clean comfortable, modern room with maybe a 37 to 40 inch flatscreen. Free bottled water. Granite countertops. Friday night check-in was quick and hassle free. I paid $70 on Priceline the weekend before Christmas and would have felt it was a fine value up to $125 or so. Every employee I met was cheerful and helpful. The smallish downstairs bar was a little lacking in atmosphere, but not bad and it had an excellent selection of craft beers on tap. Modern exercise equipment. It's not a resort property. My view was of large long-term parking lots, with a little of the valley off in the distance. But if you're in town because you've got things to do and aren't going there to hang out all day at the hotel, there's nothing I'd complain about. I'd be perfectly happy to stay here again, and probably will.

Room Tip: It looked to me like there would be parking lot views from any room in the hotel. The west-facing r...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel. We are please you fetl like you received a great value during your recent stay. You are 100% correct in your assessment of our staff members. They truely are some of the warmest, most helpful individuals in the hospitatlity industry.

Although we don't have a large bar we do have plenty to offer and we hope you can come back and enjoy NFL ticket or some great NBA League pass games on our 7 big screen televisions. Again thank you for your positive feedback and we hope to see you again in the future.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Typically I dont stay near airports but this was a quick in and out trip.
The hotel is so close you can walk but they have a free shuttle that will pick you up.
The lobby has a nice bar and restaurant with TVs and wifi. The rooms are remodeled nicely with flat panels and are nicely appointed. They give you free bottled water in the rooms as well as free WiFi. There is starbucks coffee in the rooms as well.
The bed was mediocre at best and I didnt sleep too well but I am a bed snob. The HVAC was central so no wall units going on and off during the night.
The windows are all double paned so no aircraft noise either.
Plenty of free parking.
All in all a quality property. What you expect from Sheraton.
Decent price as well, <$100/night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Poipu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This place is a bit pricey, but you just can't beat it's convenience. It's literally one-minute (by free shuttle) form the ABQ airport to the front door. Rooms are very well appointed and maintained - bathrooms are outstanding. The main restaurant downstairs I'd rate as only average. My wife and I often stay here for the night when we fly into Albuquerque late at night.

Room Tip: Skip the Club Level. Not worth what you get.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bracknell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Why does Albuquerque have to be so hard to spell? I needed a hotel for one night, in Albuquerque. I was stopping over, enroute to LA, to visit a childhood freind, who I had not seen in 35 years. He agreed to drive to see me, so I decided to skip renting a car, to save money. Having visited Albuquerque in the 1990s, I wasn't bothered about sightseeing. The quick nature of my visit screamed "convenience" to me. As an SPG member, I felt a need to try to stay at a Sheraton soon, as I was nearing the time limit when my points would be erased, if I didn't earn some more. Many times, over the past year, when I have looked at Sheraton properties, I have ended up booking another brand, because of price. This time, I was happy to find that the Sheraton Albuquerque Airport has a reasonable price. Some say it's within walking distance to the terminal, but when I went outside and looked, I thought, "I'm not walking that far with this luggage." Although I only stayed one night in Albuquerque, my entire trip was for 10 days. Personally, I wouldn't want to walk it with even one bag, but I am very lazy. No problem, though, I just nipped back into the baggage claim area and used the free telephone to call the hotel. They provide a free shuttle van and it came promptly, upon my requesting it.

The property seems of typical Sheraton quality. I got a King bed, which was plenty comfortable. I was put in a room on a high floor, which is my preference. When I was checking in, my friend arrived and met me in front of the check in desk. My only complaint was that the woman checking me in seemed impatient with me, after asking for a credit card, because I was greeting my friend, who I hadn't seen for 35 years. She interrupted he and I greeting each other, to re-urge me to provide the card. She looked and sounded impatient with me. Now, given that I was the only customer at the desk, I thought her attitude was uncalled for. No other complaints during my brief stay. All other staff encountered, the van driver, who also was the bell boy, the other staff at the desk, all were pleasent. If I needed a convenient airport hotel in Albuquerque Airport again, I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Pretty nice hotel, newish rooms (at least for SPG members - there's no reason not to sign up) and lively bar/restaurant area on first floor. It was convenient for us heading to/from Santa Fe for a weekend. You can walk to the airport terminal from here if you don't have much luggage. We would stay here again without hesitation. One little ding: they forgot our wakeup call at 4:15 a.m. - fortunately, we set our phone alarms.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!