“Pretty nice, very convenient for early morning/late night flights” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #44 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Los Angeles, California
“Pretty nice, very convenient for early morning/late night flights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Pretty nice hotel, newish rooms (at least for SPG members - there's no reason not to sign up) and lively bar/restaurant area on first floor. It was convenient for us heading to/from Santa Fe for a weekend. You can walk to the airport terminal from here if you don't have much luggage. We would stay here again without hesitation. One little ding: they forgot our wakeup call at 4:15 a.m. - fortunately, we set our phone alarms.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Having been a member of the SPG program since its inception, I have tried to stay at Sheratons whenever possible. They now own a property at the ABQ airport, having acquired it from a private company. As a resident of NM who lives 3 hours from the airport, it is often necessary to overnight either before or after a flight near the airport. The original hotel offered, and now Sheraton offers, a park and fly package.
That said, my friend and I needed a room for two nights - at beginning and end of long trip. Our first night was uneventful except for being assigned a handicap room. Our second night was a fiasco - we arrived at 10PM on a Saturday night in the middle of the ABQ Balloon Fiesta. We were transported to the hotel and the young lady on duty smiled brightly and asked "do you want the good news or the bad news first?" After travelling all day, I just wanted to plop but that wasn't going to happen so I chose the bad news option and was told the hotel was 'over committed' and we were going to be accomodated at the EconoLodge (!!!) but it'd be free! Groan. After biting my tongue, I reminded her that I had made my booking 3 months in advance and that there was no way we were going to the EconoLodge. More negotiations ensued and we were offered a room at the nearby Park Hyatt (where I'd never stayed). I then talked Sheraton into breakfast but think we only got that so we'd leave and go to the Hyatt where we got, wait for it, another handicap room. I could write an entire comment on that facility but will not as they were nice enough to give us a place to spend the night.
Of course I know hotels over book. Not thrilled with way our lack of a room was presented but am sure the receptionist didn't like having to deal with a cranky guest late at night.
All that aside, I will say that the Sheraton isn't nearly as nice as the hotel was before they took over. If, however, you need to be close to airport and want to take advantage of their park and fly package, it is a good deal provided they have a room for you!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Drove down to this hotel from Santa Fe in order to buy a little extra sleep time for a 4 a.m. departure the next morning. Got a great night's sleep in a super-comfortable room. The hotel is literally walking distance from the terminal, and you're allowed to leave your car in the hotel lot for a small additional fee that easily beats the available long-term parking rates. The bar was open late for a bedtime glass of wine to insure sweet dreams. I'd happily stay here again even if I didn't have an early flight the next day, and I'm going to recommend it as a great board meeting/retreat site.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This hotel is great they have a very good resturant with a variety of food. The staff was very nice and took very good careof you, It is very close to the airport which makes it nice. The room was very clean and free of any mold in the shower. The service was great. It is very easy to get around to downtown and any were else you would like to go. The overall experince was excelent and I would recommend it to any one.

Denton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Nice Sheraton, great bar, 2.5 miles from UNM. Rooms very clean and nicely appointed, free Internet. Will stay there again on next trip. Not scenic, but pleasant. Has 24 hour airport shuttle. Excellent!

• Stayed October 2012
Kyle, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Lots of hotels claim to be close to their respective airports, but this one really is! Can't get much closer than the Sheraton. A person could, if they wanted to, actually walk from the hotel to the terminal in about 5 minutes. Rooms are very nice, clean and quiet. Front desk staff very welcoming. Had lunch in their restaurant which was so-so. Service was slow. Would stay at this hotel again if I am ever in Albuquerque.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed on the floor with amenities. Nice lounge for relaxing and either having a drink or watching sports or both. We paid $133 for a relatively small but beautifully appointed room. Not sure it was a bargain, given hotel climate in ABQ. The bath area was very clean and well designed. I do have an issue with being next to the elevator and hearing the rumbling all night long. It won't happen again, I can assure you! The only question I have for Sheraton in general is regarding kids in their hotels. While I understand that families travel- what I am noticing is that out of control kids are becoming an issue in the hallways and lobbies and thus, the last few stays at Sheratons have become tedious. I think that these reward programs are great, but putting families on the executive floors isn't working all that well. Not sure what the solution is, but it needs addressing. Otherwise the business client will go elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!