“I love this place! Not your average cookie cutter hotel.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Limited Time - Save 20%
Ranked #45 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Arlington, Texas
“I love this place! Not your average cookie cutter hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel twice this year. I found a great "web only" price through Hotels.com. When I started looking through pictures of the place, I was immediately impressed by the folk art look that they were trying to achieve. They have lots of great amenities such as a pool, jacuzzi, fitness room, a restaurant and bar within the facility and pet areas (as this is a pet friendly hotel. The staff was really nice and accommodating. The rooms were also great and unique. I also felt that this place was located I'm a good location. I really feel that i got my money's worth at this hotel both times that I've stayed and i would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013
Desiree B, Front Office Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Bella T,
Thank you for your wonderful review, and for choosing Nativo Lodge for your visits to Albuquerque. We are happy to hear that you were able to utilize our amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Nice place in a easy access location right off I-25. Elevator is met at the front entrance with checking counter on the right. Five stories, descent rooms but kind of outdated. Very friendly and helpful Staff. Rooms were noisy during rush hour traffic but quieted down nicely during night sleeping hours. Plenty of nearby restaurants. Couldn't find ice machine but only went up and down one floor thru the stairwell. Rooms could use more electrical outlets....especially for a family with lots of gadgets & cell phones, etc . Free wi-fi worked out fine. Small TV and A/C & heater is the floor window unit type. Room had a nice small balcony overlooking mountains of Albuquerque in the distance. Convenient overnight stay if you can get a good discount on the normal nightly room rate. °>°

• Stayed April 2013
We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We would love to welcome you back on a future stay.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Nativo Lodge for one night, and was impressed with the friendliness and excellent service from the staff.

The rooms were clean, and both hotel lobby and rooms are decked out in a Native American theme, which makes a nice change from the bulk standard design of motel/hotel rooms. TV was non-flat screen, but wifi was great.

We dined in the hotel's restaurant that night, as we couldn't resist the 15% discount that hotel guests had. Expected only average quality food being a small hotel, but instead was blown away by my chicken fajitas, which although a simple dish, the ingredients used were fresh and of a great quality. Although our waitress was busy tending the bar, she never forgot us who were dining in the restaurant. And consistently provided excellent service for all.
Nativo Lodge also has $4 Happy Hour drink specials! How good value is that!

Hotel also has a small pool (though it had quite a bit of fallen leaves in it) and a spa, which was nice. Gym was unavailable at time of visit.

Altogether, Nativo Lodge was excellent value for money and we had an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are pleased to hear that you were able to use your local treasures card, we are proud to be able to offer our guests discounts on local products. We are glad that you were able to experience the unique décor Nativo Lodge has to offer, we take pride in our Native American culture. I have shared your comments with our staff, and we look forward to your next visit.
Ruidoso, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Low quality bedding. Note this in their pics if you look carefully. I did not and found 3 tiny pillows with stains and holes . No comforter but a thin satin spread and a sheet on each bed with one thin blanket for two beds. Mattress was new looking and comfortable as it's only saving grace or we would not have slept at all. Shower curtain liner was moldy and torn away from it's hooks. Good shower head and pressure however. Stool seat was pocked and pealing and not a divided type . Very ugly and when I mentioned this to the room service lady she said her manager told her they were working on the seats. So want to give me one and I can fix it fast for you I thought ? No vent in the shower area and poor lighting for vanity. Had a pet friendly room with laminate floor. The dog water got spilled and I used a towel to wipe it up . The towel was black after I got done and looked as if the floor had never been cleaned. Hope they don't charge me for the towel. The slidding balcony door would hardly open due to bad bearings and dirt and screached like chalk on a blackboard. No view in either direction. Freeway and busy intersection with all day and night noise on West side and the pool with kids screaming and a trama center with ambulances on the East side. The curtain over the entire glass wall was not insulated and the heat from the glass was enough to warm your dinner up. But when I went to their dinning hall at 6 PM there was no action at all ~ servers or customers. So can't tell you about the food. The hall noise carried directly into our room. Fortunately the nice desk clerk had heard us about "Quite room" and made sure we had no neighbors on any side. Hate to think what it would have been if she had not done this. There was one larger bath towel and the rest were small. We called the desk for a wake up call and extra towels and got no answer so we went down to find her sitting there looking at her screen. Doing what ? Don't know but she said she had been busy. No ice bucket and two glasses with no covers on them in a dirty plastic tray. Shampoo and conditioner was in mini size containers wthout any seals. So do they refill the used ones ? Maybe. Just did not feel sanitary at all. Then when I reminded them the next morning that we had originally asked for a Delux King room and did I get a refund for this room. They said no and that this was their delux double. The only delux about it was a delux ripoff for the price .I will never stay there again and hope you will not either because there are delux places to stay for the same price elsewhere in the area. All I could think was, "what would it be if it was not delux", carpet on the floor and a mat maybe for 79.00 instead of 89.00 ?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Desiree B, Front Office Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
We appreciate your review of our hotel. I am glad to have spoken to you personally regarding these issues and am happy to report that any and all issues have been addressed. Your experience in the hospitality industry has provided great insight into how we can improve and we will. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to have another opportunity to gain your trust and business.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

The staff at this hotel is so friendly and helpful. They have obviously redone the rooms. The carpet was fairly new and the beds were comfortable. The hotel has a great New Mexican atmosphere. I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor and thought it was very convenient.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Warren H,
Thank you for taking time to review your stay, we are happy that you enjoyed your visit and hope to welcome you back next time you visit Albuquerque.
Falcon, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

First and ONLY pro.....great location!!! Booked for 4 nights. Walk in and immediately it feels dingy like dusty looking old wrinkled carpets! Booked through a 3rd party site we use quite regular and was informed we do not get breakfast coupons like the guest checking in before us because we booked 3rd party...ok!! 1 yes 1 luggage cart for 5 floors we didn't actually see the cart until 3rd day....the plus, there is an elevator....a beyond slow elevator!!!.VERY uncomfortable bed like an extremely soft bowl, felt like I was sleeping on the edge about to fall into the depths of the center, woke up sore and in pain every day!!! Parking was very minimal and the area towards the north side where our room was did not have working lights in the parking lot kind of scary. Our final day we know we have until 11 to check out so around 845 hubby goes on his 1st hunting trip, for the ever elusive 1 luggage cart! He searched all 5 floors using the insanely slow elevator to no avail and returns to the room with the bad news only to find out his room key card has been deactivated! So I check mine.....yep....deactivated!!! We began our adventure of hauling our things down without the cart using the slow elevator, on 1st trip stopping at the desk to get room key cards reactivated for the other 2 trips to load things! Front desk informs me "well putting the key card by a cell phone or laptop will deactivate them" I replied "really, my husbands was in his wallet and mine in the clear pocket on the back of our room door!" and the added info of "well I have no idea what happened then!" Really 2 more hours to checkout and I am glad we didn't carry a load down go back up the SLOW elevator and then find out we were deactivated.

Room Tip: Nicer hotels in the same area and better value!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our property. We do apologize for any inconvenience you may have had with your stay. We will use your feedback to address all issues and better the service we provide. Thank you for choosing us for your lodging needs and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
COLORADO SPRINGS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Got a coupon for two nights double occupancy for $99.00 with a free bottle of wine. Sounded good enough to buy two coupons for four nights, so I did. Upon check-in, also got coupons for 4 free breakfasts.

The building is beginning to show a bit of aging, so the rooms are not "pristine," but they are clean and still quite nice. Rooms are perhaps just a bit small for two queen beds as we had, but again, not so small as to make you feel too cramped. However, there is no refrigerator or microwave, so you might want to keep that in mind.

There is an elevator, but only one, so you will have to wait a bit during the "busy" times unless you want to take the stairs; if you are on the top floor, that means five flights of them.

The co-located restaurant (called a cafe, which is probably more accurate) served an "Express" breakfast (scrambled eggs, hash browns, sausage or bacon, toast and coffee -- a Starbucks blend, I suppose since there is a Starbucks right next door!) that was quite adequate and tasty. There were two other choices for our coupons, but the Express was so good we never tried the others. We also never ate there except for breakfast, so I can't comment on the rest of the menu except to say it was somewhat limited (hence the term "cafe" I suppose), and if one had to pay for it, the meals would likely rate as "pricey" (but that is to be as expected?). But this was not a problem since there are many different types of restaurants on San Mateo.

This was not a busy time of the year, so parking was never a problem, but the parking lot looked large enough even for the busier times. The grounds were relatively clean and well kept.

We didn't have that much interaction with the staff, but those with whom we did have were courteous and friendly. The first afternoon I went to get the free bottle of wine, (I requested red wine) the bartender was gone for about ten minutes, and when he came back he said he could only find white wine; I said that would be a "bummer!" He called "the boss" and was then able to find the red wine -- that was good. Didn't have that problem when I went to get the second bottle.

All in all, we would stay again, especially if we got some more of those coupons; otherwise the value (as rated below) would be average rather than excellent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review us, we are glad you were able to take advantage of one of our wonderful promotions. We do offer upgraded rooms that include a fridge and microwave and we have packages that include breakfast as well, we hope you can take advantage of these on your next visit to Nativo Lodge.

Been to Nativo Lodge Albuquerque? Share your experiences!