“Outstanding value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Eaton, Ohio
“Outstanding value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I found this hotel online while traveling out West with a friend. I was wanting something other than the usual chain and this caught my attention. It did not disappoint! It was awesome. It is full of Native American culture; the building design, art, decor and food. It was the first hotel on our trip that had an indoor working hot tub, which felt great. There was a restaurant on site which made me happy as the traffic getting there was pretty heavy and I wanted to stay put. The menu was appealing and my "three sister wrap" was delicious. Room was very clean, comfy mattress with interesting black and white photography and dream catchers framed on the walls. In the evening I went outside a couple times in the dark just to look at the neon lights on front of the building. The room rate was very reasonable considering the charming ambiance and it's location in a large city. We wanted to get an early start, so didn't get to eat the breakfast buffet (a charge but reasonable) I did have a couple cups of coffee which they had in the lobby which tasted great so no need to go next door to Starbucks. I had no issue with noise like a previous reviewer. I loved this place and would recommend it as a great place to experience the southwest culture while staying in Albuquerque.

Room Tip: My friend who was traveling with me needed handicap accommodations in the bathroom, but those rooms...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

603 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I'm so angry!! Driving cross country and wanted a good night sleep but its so loud!!! It sounds like a nightclub below my room. I can't fall a sleep at all. Also the blanket that's on the bed is really scary. When I touched it sparks would light up. I was scared a fire would start. I would never stay here again! It's a convenient location and the staff is nice but the noise and flammable blankets kill it for me.

• Stayed December 2012
Desiree B, Front Office Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
We appreciate your feedback on your stay at Nativo Lodge and do apologize for any noise issues as we had many events going on over your stay and the lobby bar has become a great place to hang out and relax, and we have made sure to tone it down for our guests comfort. We do have many very quiet rooms on the north side of Nativo facing the Sandia mountains, and we would love the opportunity to welcome you back in the future for a quiet stay. We get a lot of positive comments and compliments about our duvets and comforters, and our custom bedding is of course, fire retardant and meets every hotel standard. Probably what you were experiencing is the static electricity in our high desert climate that is very very common in the winter. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope to have you stay with us again in the future.
Georgetown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife, and I stayed here after getting a great deal, on a room. We were very happy with our stay. We stayed 4 nights, and extended our stay, for one more night. The hotel was conveniently located near I-25, and had a Starbucks, within walking distance. There were also many other dinning options, very close to the hotel, and the location made it easy to get anywhere, in Albuquerque, in a minimal amount of time. The front desk staff was helpful, and all the staff we encountered, were very friendly. The bed was comfortable. The shower was AWESOME (great water pressure). The pool, and jacuzzi were both clean. We did not eat, in the restaurant, but we did order room service, one night, and the food was very good. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Depends what bartender you get. Roberto is great, samantha is trying to rip you off. Beware of who your bartender is. Overall hotel is great! Location is near good restaurants, and ready access to interstate. Also, valerie at front desk is helpful.

• Stayed November 2012
Kennewick, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

The room was clean, bed was comfortable. Gym facilities were terrible and sauna was only in womens area. Pool was nice, I liked how you could go from inside to outside with the open wall. For the most part staff was very friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed November 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

A frequent stay for myself and family. Very friendly staff and clean, comfortable rooms every visit that we stay.

Great location being right off of I25.

Good offerings including the bar downstairs, restaurant near the lobby, and a good variety of rooms from the regular rooms all the way to the suites.

Room Tip: Rooms above ground level seem to be quieter due to the street traffic and the balcony doors in the g...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My 11 year old son and I had a great long weekend at the Nativo. We had a lovely dinner one night, breakfast one morning, and had a great time in the pool and spa. The room was clean and comfortable; towels were changed every day. The bed was very comfortable. We had a balcony overlooking the pool, but had no problems with noise. They had Starbucks coffee in room, and in the lobby in case you needed more! The menus for local restaurants came in handy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Nativo Lodge Albuquerque? Share your experiences!