“Not worth it...” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Provo, Utah
“Not worth it...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

They were referred to me by American Express Travel as a preferred place to stay while I was working in the area for a week. I chose them because of location, reviews and description of the hotel. I love native american art. 1st off this hotel has a big identity problem. All the decor says native american but that's all there is here. Loud modern music thru the lobby and restaurant while they show native dancing on the big screen. Too bad. I would've loved to hear flute, drums or chanting. And as you walk in the first thing you notice is they are proud of their fajitas. Granted I really enjoyed the food at the cafe but all of the monitors around the lobby assaulted my eyes with "Fajitas" every time I walked thru. Don't expect breakfast or printing your boarding pass to be included. $3 to print my boarding pass?? Really??! I paid $62 a night but would have paid more to include these little conveniences. But they weren't offered from my agent. Only on their website.
Now all of this was just annoying but nobody's available after 11pm? You have to use your keycard to get in the front door between 11pm & 6am. Don't lose you keycard and hope it wasn't shut off during your stay. That's what happened to me. 3rd day in I couldn't get in with either of my cards. Had to have cards re-scanned at front desk. Now to the front desk... didn't get any info about the hotel once I checked in other than here's your keycard. The only good experience I had was having dinner. Good food. But that doesn't make a good hotel.
I also left my Kindle Fire, with the charger, in my room but when I called back to see if they had found it they told me House Keeping didn't find it. Really? They would have been the next people in my room.(I'm just sayin') I have since called and left the General Manager a message. He wasn't available.I'll give them a chance to help me but I think that was the last straw for me. DON'T STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else to save you the hassle.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Desiree B, Front Office Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. Our general manager has been in close communication with you regarding your kindle issue and we are glad that we could fully resolve this issue for you. We do have a 24/7 front desk staff and we generally can print boarding passes at the front desk for no charge and we will make sure our guests are aware of this. We are glad you enjoyed the food in Spirit Winds café and we would like the opportunity to welcome you again here at Nativo Lodge.

602 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I've just spent a lovely ten nights in the Nativo hotel in Albuquerque and it is a beautiful place. The room was clean, well looked after and very spacious. The wonderful soft king size bed was very comfortable and had five lovely fluffy pillows, good sheets and a warm duvet.
The bathroom area was clean and constantly restocked with Sister sky sweet grass toiletries whether I'd used them all or not. There was a plentiful supply of towel to the point of me saying I was fine to use them more than for one day and coming in later found a couple of extra ones on the rack above my clothes.
The maid's were great, especially the one who sings while she works! It put a smile on my face as I walked along the corridor every morning.
The food was good in the restaurant though I did start going to Starbucks next door for breakfast and a hot chocolate on a night. This was just to wake me up on a morning and the staff were very friendly, plus Starbucks hot chocolate. Mmmmm.
The staff who checked me in and out were friendly and efficient. I did ask to move rooms as I was right above the door, but they had nothing free on my first night as they had a conference party there. Next morning the receptionist wasn't as accommodating as the night staff about the room move, but then I guess she'd had a busy morning. I was moved to a room on the fourth floor which still had a lot of traffic and car park noise, though not quite as bad as my first room - maybe it was tiredness? I did go out and buy some ear plugs eventually to try get a good nights sleep, I was told by others that the mountain views are a lot quieter.

All in all, the next time I visit Albuquerque I will be staying at the Nativo Lodge hotel, I'll just remember the earplugs. :D

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed 2 nites while traveling around the area. Location is on the north side of city and this makes it easy to travel to the sites (which are all to the north). Outside of building looks nicer than inside. A lot of dollars were spent on the lobby area, not so in the rest of the hotel.
Our room was located just down the hallway from the front desk , not a good choice. Noisy with people coming and going.
The hotel has music playing in their sound system ALL NIGHT LONG.Music with a base sound in it. SO>>> all night long we got to hear the pounding in our room. This along with the constant cycling of the air conditioner every 15 minutes made it very difficult to sleep.
Also there was one ice machine - located on second floor on the opposite side of the building. a 10 minute trip each time .
Beds were not very comfortable. There is a lounge here but a Margaretta is 10.00/ each For sure you will not have too many. Rates were very attractive but... If you are really tired this may be a good place for you.

Room Tip: don't stay on the first floor near the front desk.
Irving, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We studied TripAdvisor and all the reviews for hotels in Albuquerque. We decided to give Nativo Lodge a try since it had good reviews and user feedback. We made our reservation on August 6th DIRECTLY via their website. We would be arriving September 14th and staying two nights. They offered a Buy One Get One, so we booked the Junior Suite. We indicated on the reservation that we were celebrating our 15 year anniversary and would be arriving late. After making our reservation online, we called them directly approx 1 week later to confirm the reservation and to make sure it was noted that we were going to be celebrating our anniv.

We arrived at Nativo Lodge on Friday the 14th at 11pm after driving 12 hours! Upon checking in, we were told that the Junior suite was unavailable and that they had us in a room with two double beds. They asked us if that was acceptable and I said "No, not at all. We are here to celebrate our anniversary and we booked this over a month ago! Specifically the Junior Suite" The manager, Erika, was called and made aware of the situation that evening. We were given free express bkfst passes and told that we would hear from Erika first thing in the morning.

The following morning we went down to breakfast and then to the front desk to talk to Erika. We were told that she was on her way and would be there in about 30 mins. After a bit, the front desk clerk called Erika again and then we were told that she was running late and would be there around noon. At that time we demanded to talk to her now or another manager. After a somewhat heated discussion with her on the phone she proceeded to contact the Operations Manager. Their offer to us was a King room for the second night or 20% OFF the Junior suite!!! WTF?!?! Needless to say, we left immediately!!!

While all this was going on, there was another gentleman who also had made a reservation and then upon arriving, there was no room for him. I wonder how this place stays in business if this is how they treat their guests, especially those who go to the effort to reserve a room. It is VERY unfortunate that on the eve of our anniversary we were unable to sleep in the same bed, had to sleep in separate beds because their beds are so small. Then spent our actual anniversary day stressed and on the road driving home for 12 hours! Nativo Lodge caused our time in Albuquerque to not be a pleasant one. We encourage ALL to AVOID Nativo Lodge. It should be your LAST RESORT!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HHandR, General Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide excellent levels of service and accommodation to each of our guests and we unfortunately did not meet your expectations. Please allow us to apologize again for your inconvenience due to not having a Junior Suite available. We have redoubled our staff training efforts to ensure we can accommodate each guests needs, and sincerely hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
San Antonio Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel is very different than big city hotel chains. Atrium alone is worth staying at this location. You get a fabulous feel the minute you walk through the doors - rooms do not disappoint - spacious with balconies and mountain views. It has a little more casual management style than Dallas-Houston-type hotels but that is part of the charm. Erica oversees the front desk and smooths out any bumps that may occur. I saw lots of complaints about only one elevator - we stayed during a very busy time and it was never a problem. Housekeeping was extremely nice and efficient. Jr. Suites are the way to go if you like the extras or traveling with kids - however there is a small drawback to the jr. suites. They all have adjoining doors which allows for extra noise from your neighbors. If you do not have to have a mini fridge (which is super cold - not luke warm like some) and microwave you would be better to book the extended rooms with all solid doors and walls. Otherwise, you have to deal with the noise - we wanted the mini fridge and will book the exact same type room on our next visit. My only complaint was no gift shop - the place screams for a gift shop and they are probably working on it. Very sexy hotel and family friendly all at the same time - somehow they manage to blend the two perfectly. A big thank you to Erica for making our stay so enjoyable. Also thanks to Tammy for going the exta mile when we using the business office. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Extended king or double if you don't want a mini fridge and micowave - they have alot less noise...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Erika P, Front Office Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for taking time to post your comments and feedback. I agree, a gift shop would definitely be beneficial to our guests.I will pass the gracious comment onto Tammy. I am happy to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, and would love to have you back. Take Care.

Best,
Erika Padilla
Front Office Manager
england
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

arrived on thursday afternoon 06-09-12 located room on second floor. room was ok. whilst getting unpacked a maid came into our room without knocking. she could not speak english and made her exit rather sharp.was not able to eat in the restaraunt that evening due to a convention. following day was told i had to book a table due to increase in customers. when we arrived to eat the restaraunt was almost empty. we were shown to a table next to a table that had been used but not cleared. we were given the breakfast menu instead of dinner menu, the waitress did not seem at all interested. dinner was at best poor. luke warm. following morning at breakfast was told by staff there was no milk available. and in the afternoon towels were not available at the pool side. shame i was really lookin forward to staying there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. I will carry on your feedback to the appropriate departments. If you do decide to come back to stay with us I will personally take care of you.
Best Regards,
Erika
Front Office Manager
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This hotel was really nice. Rooms were excellent and pet friendly as well.
There was only 1 ice machine and 1 washer and dryer. That was the only bad thing but the hotel made up for it. They had a nice bar on the ground level and nice waiter service.
Staff was really nice. Would definitely recomend for anyone staying in Albuquerque, NM.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Erika P, Front Office Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and your review. We do have a guest washer and dryer available on the first floor. Ice machines are located on floors 1 through 4, we apologize if they were inconvenient for you. We appreciate your business and hope to see you return in the future.

Been to Nativo Lodge Albuquerque? Share your experiences!