“Buenvenidos Nativo Lodge” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
California
“Buenvenidos Nativo Lodge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2008

Nativo Lodge, a Sterling Hotels, proved to be a most pleasant find for us while on a house-hunting excursion to Albuquerque, but also taking in some of the local Indian and historical sites between Albuquerque and Santa Fe. The dining room offered deliciously prepared and wholesome meals including a wonderful breakfast bar which was convenient each day as we were off to our early starts. The Lodge is located along the north I-25 corridor convenient to many of the area's Pueblos, Santa Fe, as well as to UNM, the Nob Hill area, downtown, and the West Side. Within the immediate San Mateo Boulevard area of the city, were a large number of convenience stores, shops, and chain and locally-owned restaurants offering a wide choice of ethnic and regional as well as American cuisine. The airport, known as Albuquerque International Sunport, is down the I-25 freeway from the lodge, maybe 6 or 8 miles, and the day we flew out, we were there in 15 minutes. I highly recommend Nativo Lodge to anyone visiting Albuquerque, whether on business or pleasure! The only glitch of our trip happened when we left a set of keys in our room, a mistake not discovered until we were back home in California. With a call to the front desk manager in Albuquerque, our keys were retrieved for us and promptly returned with expedited shipping. The staff was exceptional in friendliness, efficiency and service, not only during the lost-key episode, but during the entire stay. Thanks, Nativo Lodge, for a most pleasant stay! You left a warm and friendly impression with us of the "Land of Enchantment."

• Liked — Pleasant, clean facility
  • Disliked — Nothing comes to mind
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Southwest NM/El Paso, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2008

The staff and the rooms were simply above and beyond my expectations. Superb service and friendly staff, the room was impeccable. The hotel beautiful!!! I strongly recommend this wonderful gem of a hotel in beautiful Albuquerque!!

• Liked — Everything, Rooms, service, staff...
  • Disliked — NA
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2008

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Nativo Lodge. The staff is warm and friendly, the atmosphere with mild Indian music and art work is intriguing. The rooms are the clean, inviting and spacious. The beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept in. I stary at only this hotel in New Mexico, which is frequently and have no desire to stay elsewhere, The starff know me by name and always greet me as if "I am coming home"

Thank you to the Native Lodge for making me feel so special!

• Liked — Beautiful rooms and ambience
  • Disliked — No evening restaurant - only room service
Austin,Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2008

We looked for a hotel that wasn't a chain. It was our grandson's first out of state trip, and Nativo was a great choice. We loved the decor, and it was nicely laid out, so we didn't have to troop all over the place. We have already recommended this hotel to our friends that travel to New Mexico.

Stayed January 2008
Roswell, NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2008

"DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL" - Unless, you want to get your money's worth and be served by one of the best Staffs in the State. I make several visits to Abuquerque, along with my Staff, and regardless of where our meeting is (Rio Rancho, Santa Fe, etc.) we go out of our way to stay at the Nativo. Mr. Marcos Urtiaga and his Staff are the best. The rooms and service are always above the standard. So are the rates.

They have great meals, nice half indoor/half outdoor pool, physical fitness room and a bar. Not much more you can ask for in a Hotel.

I would recommend this Hotel to any and everyone.

• Liked — Positive Environment
  • Disliked — small fitness center
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chico, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2007

I noticed that an earlier "sour" review complained about the property not deserving the $100 rate that they had paid. First, I paid less...I booked directly through the hotel. So, my review is not tainted by "sticker shock".
The Nativo Lodge was fine. The check-in was smooth, quick and easy. They didn't offer free wifi but were willing to make accommodations to get me hooked-up. The staff was helpful, the room was super clean and quite large. The bed was wonderfully comfy. The hotel ambiance was nice...a very lodge type feeling. I was solo, however, there was a large group traveling together who seemed to be enjoying the lodge very much. So...for the price, I was pleased.

Stayed November 2007
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2007

We had our annual meeting here, and they treated us great.
Staff and lobby were nice. Rooms were large, but the beds were too soft. I did not have one good night sleep. They never replished the shampoo and soap during my 4 nights. Carpet seems new. The bathroom need some work. The bathroom door seemed to have several damaged spots from the different color brown paint, and there was corner the size of softball missing. The catering could use a little freshness. The morning continental breakfast had fresh fruit, but the pasteries were seemed a bit stale. There was one a glass plate and knife that the maids seemed over look outside in the hall. It was there Monday morning, and still there when I checked our Thursday morning.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Nativo Lodge Albuquerque? Share your experiences!