“Great for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #99 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
San Angelo, Texas
“Great for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

When I saw the price on Hotels.com, I couldn't believe my eyes. Super cheap, even for ABQ. We usually choose more upscale hotels but we were on a tighter budget this time so we took a chance. The rooms were clean, the a/c and heat worked just fine and we had no complaints. The hotel needs some updating and was definitely a value hotel, but for the price, it was a great deal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

237 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dunedin, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I didn't know the layout of Albuquerque at all: as it turned out, I found most of the good places to hang out and eat were near the University, and the Super8 just happened to be on University Boulevard which takes you straight there (plus there is a Satellite coffee branch just a few blocks away). Check in here was friendly and very swift: as I had booked and paid online, they simply gave me my card for my room and that was it.

The room was great, up on the top floor near a working ice machine so I could enjoy a whiskey of an evening. It was quite spacious, the bed was comfortable, everything was clean and well maintained so I was very happy to spend a couple of nights here. I actually made it down to breakfast for a change, but I've had the waffles elsewhere and am not a fan, but enjoyed the orange juice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Canon City, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

First of all, smoking and non-smoking rooms need to be in separate halls; these rooms aren't. I got smoked out walking to my room, and even though it was designated non-smoking, I am certain people have been smoking in it. Room was not terribly clean, but not terribly dirty, either.

Continental breakfast had two kinds of cereal, one waffle machine and some prepackaged muffins, all crammed at one end of a room. Huge line for food, with very little selection, I begrudgingly went elsewhere to eat.

Staff member who checked me in looked like Lenny Cravitz and was very friendly and helpful. I liked him. Staff lady that checked me out was simply rude. I said I needed to check out from room 155, and she said "OK" and did nothing for about 10 seconds as I stood there looking at her and holding the room keys. Finally she goes, "You're good." Really? She didn't take the keys or offer a receipt or anything!!!

Today, I had to call them to ask them to look for an item we lost. Same lady, same rude attitude. She said she would ask housekeeping and then call me right back. Its been two hours.

We went to another hotel for the second night, which is a pain in the butt, so it just goes to show how much I resented this place.

Room Tip: If you're not a smoker, find another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
abqhotels, Owner at Super 8 Albuquerque / Midtown, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
First, thank you for your feedback. Smoking rooms are located in a separate wing with the exception of the first floor. This is because the majority of guests (more than 75%) request a first floor room upon check in. Secondly, our breakfast does offer a large selection but I am not ingnorant to the fact that our breakfast area does not serve our guests efficiently. We have already begun plans to remodel the lobby with a scheduled completion date of April 2013. I can assure you that if you visit our hotel again your experience will be totally opposite to your last stay. The desk agent who checked you out has been informed of her performance, and I bought Lenny dinner for his positive effect on your experience at our hotel. Thank you again for your feedback.

Been to Super 8 Albuquerque / Midtown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Albuquerque / Midtown

Address: 2500 University Blvd. N.E., Albuquerque, NM 87107
Location: United States > New Mexico > Albuquerque
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service
Ranked #99 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Albuquerque / Midtown 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Wyndham, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Super 8 Albuquerque / Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Albuquerque / Midtown Hotel Albuquerque
Super 8 Midtown
Super Eight Albuquerque
Albuquerque Super 8
Albuquerque Super Eight

If you own or manage Super 8 Albuquerque / Midtown, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.