“Hotel Albuquerque” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town

Save Saved
You added Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town to your Saves list
Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   800 Rio Grande Blvd NW, Albuquerque, NM 87104 (Formerly Sheraton Old Town Hotel)   |
Affiliate website
Special Price
Albuquerque's Summer Sale
Ranked #23 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Fairfield, Iowa, United States
“Hotel Albuquerque”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The staff are very friendly, helpful and professional. I attended a trade show for a natural products association so we were very meticulous about the food we ate. I know the challenge of feeding so many people to a standard that most diners can appreciate. Well, they did an excellent job feeding us.
I left some things in my room and they were quick to contact me and send it the same day.

Room Tip: Choose a room above the second floor. It was noisy one night due to a wedding party on the floor bel...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Gretchen G, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Tom K, thank you for taking a moment to write a review of your stay here. We are more than happy to hear our staff was as friendly as they were helpful. For such a large convention it can be a meticulous to feed and meet all standards. Our sales staff and banquet kitchen work very hard in making sure the menus and meals are above par and we are glad to know we met all expectations. Thank you again for the kind words, and we hope to welcome you back to Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town for another delicious meal and a great stay.

821 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Spencerport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4days and 3nights for business reasons but i had such a great experience i would stay there again for business or leisure.The rooms are a pretty good size the beds are extremely comfortable and modern. The decor was perfect for the New Mexico area and heritage. The hotel was simply beautiful! The house keepers rememberd each day that I like extra cream for my coffe( they brew Starbucks) so they left me extra each time they came to clean. The grounds of the hotel are beyond beautiful, i met a landscaper named Adam and had a wonderful convorsation with him, he was very friendly and he also encouraged me to walk the grounds. He really explained certain plants when questioned and gave me a breif history of old town. I have been with the same billion dollar company for 6 years and I work directly with customers each day, Knowing how important good customer service skills are I always come in with high expectations. All the staff were great but two people really stuck out. Drakkar and Matthew at the front desk should be recognized. They were very polite, welcoming and professional. Matthew was very kind and friendly you could tell he really cared about each guest that walked through the door. He was extremely knowledgeable about the area, he also was sure to greet me and talk to me when we saw each other throughout my stay. Drakkar was very helpful with any questions that I or others needed answerd, he answered each call with a positive and professional attitude. He interacted extremely well with other staff or customers who came in for the bar. He is very approachable and always had a smile on his face. Both gentleman made my stay very pleasant, I was blown away by their customer service skills and their love for their jobs and customers. I know that I will never get that kind of customer service anywhere else, even at a 5 star resort. They both exceeded my beyond high expectations. Not only would I stay at this hotel again for the beautiful rooms, grounds, or area I would stay for the excellent customer service. I consider this a Must stay hotel when you visit Albuquerque New Mexico! Trust me, you will not regret it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Gretchen G, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear linzym10, we appreciate you taking the time to write a review, and we are glad to hear the front desk staff was extremely accommodating, as exceptional customer service is something we constantly strive for. We are very grateful for all of the wonderful staff we have at Hotel Albuquerque and are happy to hear you were taken care of. Being a locally owned hotel we pride ourselves in presenting the southwestern décor in a proper and well-kept manner and are happy that you enjoyed the property overall. Thank you once more for a fantastic five star review. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town on either business or leisure.
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Albuquerque in February of this year and LOVED it! I actually fell in love with Hotel Albuquerque and the city all at once. It is beautiful in every direction. The hotel was beautiful, very well kept, and the staff was second to none. They went out of their way to make sure our stay was enjoyable. It was walking distance to Old Town, which we loved. We did a Ghost Tour, went shopping, and ate at some really unique places that have a lot of rich history. We also went on a little tour of spots where Breaking Bad was filmed. I cannot wait to go back to Albuquerque and we will be staying at HOTEL ALBUQUERQUE again!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a king room without a balcony, but it had a very cool corner window that gave you a vie...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Shannon K, thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Albuquerque. We are happy to hear you were able to enjoy the hotel as well as the surrounding areas. Our location is incredibly convenient to Old Town making it easy to explore all the wonders of the historic town including the intriguing Ghost Tour. We are glad to know our staff was above accommodating and welcomed you to our property. Thank you once more for the kind words. We look forward to having you stay with us again at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town when your travels lead you back to Albuquerque.
Modesto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Great service. lots of charm. convenient to Old Town. We had a very plesant stay. The staff was extremely friendly. The food in the restaurant and the buffets supplied for our meetings was very good. I would highly recommend yhis hotel for any conference or meeting.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Kathleen C, thank you for taking a moment to write a review of your stay here. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our property as well as the great location and that our staff was some of the friendliest you have encountered. Our Café Plazuela has some wonderful items on the menu and our banquet kitchen continues to impress during events. Thank you again for the fantastic five star rating and for recommending us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town for either another meeting or for a well deserved vacation.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I loved this place, my family and I travelled last month and I was just looking on the Internet for a hotel to stay in Albuquerque, usually I prefer a hotel of a franchise because you know what to spect about it. But I decided to take my chances and I made a reservation for this place. And really I'm really pleased to say that it overpass my first impression of it, it's a really comfortable place to stay, loved the "Santa Fe" architecture of the place, and the bed... Believe me when I say this, you will rest like a king on that beds they put a lot of pillows something new for me because usually I have to ask for more in some other hotels always! :) I totally recommend this place. And the customer service was really fair. A good cost/benefit balance!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Droctavio, thank you for your fantastic review. We are glad you chose to stay with us at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, and are happy to hear we surpassed your expectations. Being a locally owned hotel is something we are especially proud of and we strive to represent the culture here in New Mexico and to exceed customer service excellence. Thank you once more for your feedback and for recommending us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town when your travels lead you to Albuquerque.
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

After checking in, I opened the room door and found that someone had been lying on the bed, a soda can on the night table! Went back to reception and received an apology- housekeeping had cleared the room-
a new room and a $20 coupon for the hotel restaurant. Enjoyed a fruit plate and green chili stew for lunch! Good location and very comfortable bed!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear DeborahandAndy, thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our fantastic location, and our comfortable sleeping rooms. Being a hotel, having a convenient location and inviting guest rooms are just a couple of our top priorities. We apologize about the inconvenience towards the beginning of your stay; however, we are glad to hear our staff was quick to respond in a friendly manner. Our restaurant has a wonderful menu, and the green chili stew is definitely a favorite. Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us, and we hope to welcome you back to Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town to enjoy all that we have to offer.
NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Our company hosted a grand scale event for 500 people at Hotel Albuquerque's Casa Esencia (with an attached tent).

We had many elements to our event including gourmet food, speciality desserts and cocktails, live audio/visual feeds on multiple screens, event photography, a 10 piece band and a live DJ.

The event was a high profile extravaganza and had many, many, many parts to the event puzzle. The staff at Hotel Albuquerque put the pieces of the event together with ease and if a piece to the puzzle didn't fit, they made it work with their creative thinking abilities and positive mental attitudes supported by the multitude of skills that each team member brought to the table.

As you can imagine, an event with that size and scope can be stressful for a producer. The friendly staff, the beautiful room and the delicious room service created a relaxing space to unwind when the music stopped, the final guest left and the lights from the candles flickered out.

Other great features included the copious amounts of parking and the convenient proximity to Old Town.

Thank you, Hotel Albuquerque, for facilitating an event that we will remember forever!

Room Tip: Ask for top floor facing mountains!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Gretchen G, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Top Prod, thank you for taking a moment to write a review on your event and stay here. We were thrilled in being able to host you all here and are more than happy to hear you enjoyed the event as well. Casa Esencia is one of our great event spaces, decorated to create an elegant and exciting ambiance for a party. We are glad to know that even with such a high profile and large size occasion, our staff was able to make it function effortlessly. It was definitely an event to remember for us also, and we were honored to be a part of this special affair. Thank you once more for the wonderful 5 star review, and we are looking forward to hosting you all again at Hotel Albuquerque for future events.

Been to Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town? Share your experiences!