“A place to stay, but not much more” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Albuquerque East

Save Saved
You added Howard Johnson Albuquerque East to your Saves list
Howard Johnson Albuquerque East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25 Hotel Circle NE, Albuquerque, NM 87123 (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites Hotel Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #106 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Denver
“A place to stay, but not much more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

We got into Albuquerque about 9pm and left the hotel by 9am the next day. If we had stayed longer or more than one night, I would have not liked this hotel very much. But for a 12-hour stay, it was adequate.

Pros:
Bathroom/vanity area: the bathroom and vanity area had been upgraded and were very nice. Clean, well-lit, good shower pressure, and a curved-outward shower curtain rod so you have more elbow room in the shower.

Room service: room service was provided by the nearby Owl Cafe. We were starving and tired, and they didn't charge us a service fee for delivering. The food was quite good.

Wireless internet in the room: available and it worked.

Location: we wanted to go to the National Museum of Nuclear Science & History, and the hotel was right down the road from it. We highly recommend the museum!

Cons:
Free breakfast: terrible!! Weak coffee, a few muffins, biscuits and gravy (ick). No juice, only powdered creamer.

Bed: hard as a rock.

Location: right by the highway, so noisy, and not very close to much in Albuquerque, but that was our fault for choosing a hotel on the east side of town.

I would not recommend this hotel to a friend, because there many hotels in Albuquerque and the cons outweigh the pros for this one.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Spokane, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2008

Dirty and needs remodeled badly. The "non-smoking" rooms here simply mean that noone has smoked in them for the precious week. We opened the door to our room and immediately noticed a strong smoke odor but since we had little time to see the city we just accepted it didnt complain at the time. There is NOT an airport shuttle to this dump regardless of what you read elsewhere. Its a $35 ride in a taxi. When I got home I wrote management about our complaints and she simply replied that she was sorry but its not their fault about the shuttle since it was listed that way on another website and had no response for the stinky room. Customer service does not exist here so dont try to save money if you dont want to deal with this place.

Stayed August 2008
Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2008

We went to Albuquerque for a dog show. We reserved a room for Fri-Sun. After we unloaded our car and dogs in room 322, they had to move us due to the dogs.....Now in room 214 at 4:30 in the a.m., in the new room, the picture above the bed fell off the wall and crashed on my husband's head and cut his shoulder and LARGE glass shards were all over him and his neck. He could have been killed. The front desk could not find a first aid kit. We had to move again due to all the glass on the bed and floor. Then they put us in room 217, a room with no fridge, no toilet paper and no soap. The second room had a fridge but it didn't work right and all of our food spoiled. We never got a fridge which was requested. The franchise owner never even showed up to discuss this situation with us and the employee trying to help us said she'd get fired if she called the owner again. We were told to go track her down at another hotel(who's the customer here?) they own or be back at the Quality INN and Suites to meet her. I told the front desk clerk that no one should touch the room until we've met with the owner, but low and behold they cleaned the whole mess up and we still hadn't got to talk to anyone. They also threw my husbands personal pillow on the floor in the hallway! Then the owner was a NO SHOW! We checked out and went to a competitor's hotel which was more expensive but they were VERY accommodating. Another dog handler was accused of sneaking pets into the hotel. Several other customer's were complaining of no air conditiong, the hot tub was broken and the rooms weren't clean. This is only part of what happened to me, my husband and the two dogs! Now I know why this hotel doesn't, or can't, belong to any trade or professional lodging associations!! Do you have a minus rating????

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — everything, lack of customer care
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Poplar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2008

First of all I was not a guest at this hotel, but attended a conference in this hotel. Luckily for me they were booked, and thankfully I stayed at a nearby hotel. The conference room was filthy and smelled of rodent or insect droppings. Our conference room was not cleaned for the three days we used it, no fresh coffee and water. The mess stayed in the back of the room for the entire time of the conference. The highlight of this incrediblly disgusting conference was the presence of 3' cockroaches gracing the walls and floors of this conference room. Someone needs to report this hotel to the public health authorities.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Absolute Filth
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
Bloomington, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2008

The hotel is quite a ways from Old Town but is in a quiet area, near shopping and good eating. Pet friendly and very friendly staff. Would stay again.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — distance from old town
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2008

I stay at this hotel several times a year on my journey to California. Since my last visit they have done many upgrades. This hotel has always been a good hotel, it is now a great hotel. The staff and managment are always friendly and ready to help in any way they can

• Liked — The Great Service I know I will get each and every visit
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wellington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2007

This was the absolute worse hotel I have ever stayed out. I confirmed stay with hotel & the functional status of the hot tub & pool and was told both were fine. Upon check, the hot tub was broken-3 days later I was told the heater has been order for some time. Hot tub stank on day 3 as people still used because it was slightly warmer than the freezing pool. Since it wasnt taken out of service by draining or placing a sign, it probably wasnt be treated chemically and the drunken parties had hotel friends pissing in it. Trash all over pool area...bottles, cans, clothes. Employees seem to bring their kids and friends to work (probably why the pool is trashed) Security doors didnt work & were left open-makes it easier to be raped or have rooms broke into. Guest room door kept jamming making it difficult to enter & leave the room-also a fire & life safety violation. Microwave wall socket loose & arced. Electrical box in room was exposed & tripped when the microwave came on. Toilet leaked. Nasty dining facility w/grossly inadequate dining area & food. I filed a formal complaint with CEO, Operations and ABQ Fire Marshall & Building official. DONT STAY

• Liked — at least the bed was comfortable
  • Disliked — getting an electrical shock from the microwave
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ojs3431, General Manager at Howard Johnson Albuquerque East, responded to this review, December 14, 2007
Dear Guest,

I would just like to inform you that we have had our annual fire Inspection from The city of Albuquerque and everything here at the Quality Inn & Suites on Hotel Circle is up to Fire Code. I would like to thank you for your concerns. I do apologize for any inconvience you had and I hope to have you come back and see us Again. Do to your issues we have refunded your entire stay.

Been to Howard Johnson Albuquerque East? Share your experiences!