“Gross!!!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Amarillo
“Gross!!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

We checked in and everything was great, had a good time at the pool! After swimming we went back to room. I wanted coffee creamer to go w my coffee! It took two hours, two trips to the front desk and 3 phone calls to desk trying to get coffee the coffee creamer they put in the rooms! Really wasn't a big deal just frustrating. When it was time to go to bed we pulled back the comforter and there was blood all over it! The front desk clerk was very nice and came up and we switched rooms! She said she would talk to manager and see if she could get the price of the room taken care of since it was dirty and that she would call me. Of course I never received that call. After the charge went through on my credit card I called the hotel again and the manager on duty said he would look into it and call me back. Once again still no call. I have left a voice mail w general manager, hopefully he will call back. The people were friendly but unfortunately are unable to follow through! I wouldn't stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review on our hotel. We always try to maintain Marriott's high quality standards and apologize that we fell short. We are sorry you were not satisfied with your overall stay. Our goal is for every guest to leave happy and I am sorry that you did not feel that way upon your departure. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your business is truly appreciated. Please contact me directly to discuss your issues, Stella Helms at 505.837.6631.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I had a weekend trip to Albuquerque and staying somewhere easy to access and comfortable was really important. What i got was top to bottom customer service that was worth bragging about! Seth and Matt at the front desk addressed every issue immediately and with a great attitude(the room had a few problems); the engineer who fixed the air conditioning was quick, expert and so polite; Seth the bellman was also great and a lot of fun. A mention for the restaurant and bar staff and housekeeping staff as well. After a long drive in lousy weather, this royal treatment was just the ticket. You can't go wrong and if I get back down to Albuquerque, I'll be staying at the Marriott again. Kudos to all!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for providing feedback. I'm happy to hear you received Marriott's brilliant service. Seth is an amazing associate. Thank you for your business and enjoy this lovely day. Take care.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed at the Albuquerque Marriott primarily because it is a great location, close to Albuquerque Uptown and because we are Marriott rewards members. The hotel was VERY busy, they has a conference, but check in was very efficient. Unfortunately, no one at the front desk informed us that only one of the elevators was working, we discovered that when we got in line for the elevator. I could go on about how we were put onto an elevator only to get stuck in it for 30 minutes or that once rescued we had to take the stairs and none from the Marriott staff offered to carry our bags, so we climbed 13 flights of stairs with our luggage and our baby, but the main thing I want to talk about is the complete absence of management. There should have been a manager at the elevators telling people what was going on and offering water or help with bags. When we were rescued from the disabled elevator there should have been a manager there to apologize and offer help. When we called the front desk to talk about the elevator problem a manager should have apologized and offered something (maybe a breakfast? Anything!). We stay in a lot of hotels and this one is not up to par, the carpet in our room way ripped and dirty, the bed skirt was dirty - when we reported this we received no feedback or accommodations - no manager, no follow up, nothing. Very disappointing. The stairways were filthy and after getting stuck on the elevator we used them quite a bit - we even reported that someone had vomited on one of the landings to the front desk and they had only partially cleaned it when we checked out. This Marriott is not up to the standards we expect from a Marriott and it needs work.

I do have to recognize Stephanie from room service, Josh (?) the bellman on Saturday, and the housekeeping staff - they all provided outstanding customer service for our family.

Room Tip: High floor away from the elevators.
Green Features: These practices are quite apparent at other Marriott locations, they were lacking at this one.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Because I have had similar experiences when I have "had" to stay here (my employer paid for the hotel), it still amazes me that so many stay at this overcrowded, under-serving hotel. I almost don't know where to start but I'll try. $175-$200 per night. THE ABSOLUTE WORST ELEVATOR SYSTEM I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. Charging $15 a day for internet. False fire alarm evacuation. Simply putting a soda or a pack of gum on your room requires five minutes and two signatures, and most likely a call to the front desk. Two holds on your card, one for $50 and the second for $25 which no service member could explain at all. HORRIBLE PARKING. Front desk service ranges from pretty good to dismal, depending upon which one of the three decides to stop looking through stacks of printouts to assist. I would never stay here on my own dime.

Since I am normally generous in my reviews I will state some positives: clean comfortable rooms, great location.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor...the elevators will go down at sometime during your stay.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
We appreciate your review of our hotel. We apologize that you were not satisfied with the overall hotel stay. Our goal is for every guest to leave happy and I am sorry that you did not feel that way upon your departure. I will address your concerns with our management team. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your business is truly appreciated. Enjoy this beautiful day. Take care.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I greatly enjoyed my stay. Staff was always extremely friendly. Seth at the front desk helped us with everything we needed. The room was in need of some attention but I do hope to return when in albuquerque.

• Stayed May 2014
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Camarillo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

This is my go to hotel when I go to Albuquerque to visit family. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Spent the last 3 nights there and had a few problems for the first time. The elevators were having problems most of the weekend. Hotel seemed to be full with a lot of conferences so having only 1 elevator working was very inconvenient with waits up to 20 minutes. We also had a problem with the toilet not flushing properly. We reported it the first morning and I received a nice email from the hotel manager apologizing for inconvenience, he said problem had been fixed. It was still not working properly when we checked out this morning. One other minor problem is that the air conditioning only has one vent so one side of the room gets very hot in summer. I feel management is making a good effort to make the hotel a good experience and I will continue to stay at this property.
GG

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Your business is greatly appreciated. I apologize for the issues with the elevators. I also, apologize for the issues with your guest room, toilet and air conditioning. I will address this concern with the engineering department. I'm glad to hear your guest room was clean and comfortable . We hope to provide you with Marriott's brilliant service on your next trip to Albuquerque. Enjoy this lovely day. Take care.
Aztec, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Took 3 times to get our room correct after we made reservations for 2 beds as we were traveling with our 7 year old. Told my husband because we aren't Marriott reward members we don't get to choose our room. So they expected 2 adults and a 7 year old to sleep in 1 king size bed. Are they out of their freaking mind! Finally got a room. The only reason we decided to stay here is because our son wanted to swim.

Room Tip: Unless you're a member avoid them!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Albuquerque Marriott? Share your experiences!