“Staff Rates High” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Staff Rates High”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Attended a conference here and despite a small hiccup by a new front desk person at check-in, everything was first rate. We found the hotel staff to be very friendly and welcoming. We had a room on the concierge level which afforded us a picture post card view of the Sandia Mountains. The lounge staff far exceeded our expectations for hospitality and courtesy. The hotel is conveniently located next to I-40 and so access was good. The hotel provides a shuttle bus within the immediate area to two shopping areas. If I have a negative it is that there is a charge for Internet access when this service is pretty much provided across the hotel industry without charge. The restaurant’s breakfast buffet was excellent with omelets made to order. It is a business hotel that sparkles because of a great staff.

Room Tip: Ask for one facing the mountains!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you so much for posting this review of our property. We value the comments we receive regarding our great customer service and are so pleased to hear you were able to experience it! We hope you will come back to visit soon. Again, thank you for posting this review and enjoy your day. Take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here several times over the past ten years and have never been disappointed. This time I was in for two quick days right before the Balloon Fiesta and the hotel for some reason didn't seem that busy. I bet it was right after I left!

They had a balloon basket in the center atrium and streamers rising up to the tenth floor - very nice!

This is also the first Concierge lounge that I have found a waffle maker! Funny, you get can waffles at a Holiday Inn Express but not generally at a Marriott. I hope this is a trend.

The lounge is very comfortable but the restaurant disappointed me with a poorly prepared meal, thus the four star rating. However I will return often.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for posting this review of our property. Guest feedback is the best source we have to use to show us what we need to improve upon. We would like to thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. We do want to apologize for the restaurant disappointing you. We look forward to your returning to our hotel. Again, thank you for this review and enjoy your day. Take care.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed at this Marriott right before the International Balloon Fiesta. We had a room with a beautiful view of the Sandias. One thing that I particularly liked at this hotel was that it was very convenient to a number of locations. I was able to walk to some of the places I needed to go because of its central location. We thought because we were staying close to the time of the Balloon Fiesta, we would have a steep price to pay, but we were able to negotiate an extremely reasonable rate. In addition, it has a lively and active bar/lounge that is actually part of the main lobby. We were able to gather in the morning with our friends for breakfast and/or have a nice gathering with them before we headed off to bed. The staff were quite helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the mountains is always nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the hotel. I am happy to hear that enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated the location we are located in. We would love to have you and your family/friends back in the future. Have an amazing week. Take care.
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights while on a business trip & had a wonderful time. My check-in was efficient & my room on the 12th floor had a lovely view of the city. We had a nice dinner with friendly service at the restaurant in the lobby area & I was really impressed with the finess center, overall cleanliness, comfort of the hotel & the outstanding service.

There's a very charming outdoor shopping district across the street that had upscale stores & nice restaurants called ABQ Uptown that's a must see.

I encountered a very special front desk employee, Tyrone, that touched my heart during a situation involving a blind guest at the hotel. Tyrone was escorting the guest through the fitness center & led him around very patiently to all of the equipment, explaining everything in detail. He was so empathetic & kind to the blind gentleman & I would like for his Manager to know how gracious & professionally Tyrone treated his Marriott guest. He then took him back up to his floor as the guest decided, instead, to exercise on the stairs near his room. Tyrone should be commended for his excellent service!

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you so much for posting this review of our property. We are so glad enjoyed your stay and that our staff's excellent customer service met all of your expectations, especially Tyrone. We will definitely recognize him for his outstanding performance. The respective departments will read your notes regarding the brilliant service they provided. We look forward to your next arrival. Again, thank you for your review and enjoy this lovely day. Take care.
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stopped here overnight on our drive home. We arrived very late (after midnight). Desk staff was very quick in getting us registered, they even had all my member rewards information so we were able to get to our room and sleep as quick as possible.

The room was wonderful--very spacious. The bed was incredible and we slept great. It was nice to be able to see reading lamps near the top of the headboards--I like this as I like to read before going to sleep and this I did not have a light shining while my husband was trying to sleep.

At first I thought the bathroom was small but, then I changed my mind, it was a very nice relaxing, almost comforting feeling about it. There was a tiered table under the sink that had extra towels. Also some shelves on top that offered some lotion, shampoo, and conditioner for use. Everything worked great.

We ordered breakfast, hung the sign on our door. They offered a lot of different choices. The orange juice was fresh, eggs and sausage was hot. Toast done just perfectly. Yogart with granola and very fresh fruit was delicious. Mini blueberry muffins were wonderful as well. The room offered free coffee-regular and decaf and a package for hot tea. I wish there was more for hot tea, but I know I am in the minority of people in regards to this.

Check out was easy. The staff was very friendly and because of this we are thinking of coming back with our children and staying here for a few days to visit the city. If not for our stay at this hotel we would not have considered ever coming back and visiting this city.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 8th floor and it was nice. We could see the interstate from our room--would not...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting this review of our hotel. Guest feedback is the best resource we have to show us where we can improve. I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the staff service you received, as well as how much you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to your return. We hope to see you soon.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights, and the front desk made a mistake on my bill. The assistant front desk manager admitted that they made a mistake, it was theirs, not mine. However, I was initially told that it would be corrected in a month. After demanding to speak with the manager, he told me there was nothing that could be done - and it would be at least 5-10 days for the bill to be corrected.
I wasn't given an apology by any of the 4 employees I spoke with - and this was truly. A poor customer service experience. I assured the manager that regardless of my elite rewards status,I would no longer be staying at. Marriott in the future.

Stayed September 2013
Thank you for posting a review of our hotel. Receiving feedback such as yours is the best way to show us how we can improve. We do apologize for being unable to correct the mistake that was made on your account. The Front Desk has been made aware of your experience and is working on ways to improve our customer service. We hope that this does not influence your final decision to continue using Marriott Hotels, your loyalty is very important to us I do hope you will consider using our particular facility in the future, we would like the opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to providing Marriott's brilliant service.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Just read the review from the 19th - I am here now and couldn't agree more with the review. My check-in was very similar. I had called a week prior and they were holding a room on the Concierge floor, corner room which are larger. I did not get that room. Instead, I got a really small room. Working with the front desk, they moved me to a corner room on the 8th floor. There are holes in the black out curtains, the door doesn't close unless you push it closed, the robe in the closet was dirty and had a hole in the sleeve -- OK you get it. This hotel needs to be pushed to the top of the their over-haul, remodel list. I have other complaints like the female bartender's attitude and just the overall wondering who is managing this property. Just sayin' from a tired Platinum member. :(

Room Tip: Ask for the corner rooms--they are larger. The regular rooms are so small that when in the bathroom...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate your honest review on our property. Guest feedback is the best source we have to use to show us what we need to improve upon.I want to apologize for the issues you encountered while staying with us and to let you know we have informed all of the respective departments of your comments. We hope you will come back to visit us to see all the changes and updates we are able to provide to our property for our guests future enjoyment!

Been to Albuquerque Marriott? Share your experiences!