“OK but not the best Marriott” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #52 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Colorado
“OK but not the best Marriott”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are small and the hotel is very close to a busy freeway. Not a bad spot but not worth the Marriott prices. Fairly clean but a fairly small lobby. Worth a night or two but not longer. I would look to the airport residence inn for example.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Layton, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Whether or not it matters, I am a Platinum Premiere with Marriott. Pretty much, I live on the road with Marriott. I used to stay at the ABQ Pyramid for years, but after a near miss with falling down a open chute due to an elevator malfunctioning (it malfunctioned nearly every time I stayed at the Pyramid,) I thought I would give this property another chance. Actually, I am very pleased. I stayed here a few years ago, and wasn't impressed, but a good change has occurred. I am here for 2 more days, just got a salad to go from the bar, and was heading back to the room when a gentleman asked if I had enough dressing or wanted real silverware. He was the GM, and what a great touch.

If you have access to the Concierge Lounge, this has one of the best. It is not an international Marriott, but is really great. Not huge, but the variety of food impressed me. The staff is also super! The rooms (at least mine) are not huge, but very comfortable, and the heating/cooling works great. If I had only two recommendations: 1) Provide a bath mat for the shower... the tub floor is getting a bit worn and the slope is precarious and can easily cause a slip; 2) Make your grilled cheese sandwiched bigger... for about $10.00, I ordered one last night and it was advertized as a grilled cheese on Texas toast. It was more like on New Hampshire toast. It was the tiniest thing I have ever seen (bite-sized:) Tasted great, but a little chincy for the price.

In sum, this place has taken a turn for the better. Great staff, clean rooms, and it will be my place to stay from here on out when visiting ABQ.

Room Tip: Just be nice to the Front Desk staff.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Fernie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I wasn't too pleased when I was told we had to stay here over a boutique hotel but to my surprise I am quite happy with the service, location and beds/ linens. First of all, all the chain stores I wanted to go to were within walking distance. The hotel is surrounded by good restaurants and because the hotel is right next to the freeway it is easy to get anywhere.

The bed is very generously sized and the linens are high quality. The fitness center and the indoor/outdoor pool is great. The restaurant is pretty mediocre and so we searched out a better breakfast spot today. More on that in my "the grove" review.

Room Tip: We were right next to the highway so a bit noisy but not so noisy that we couldn't sleep at nigh...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Avon, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location uptown near plenty of restaurants and shopping. It is also within 10 or 15 minutes of both downtown (and the university) and the airport. The staff was friendly and helpful and the workout area was more comprehensive than most hotels. I didn't check out the restaurant, so I can't comment on it. My room was on the 17th floor (the very top) and had a nice view of the city. When I travel, I value nice hotels in safe area at which I can get a good rate, and this hotel meets all of those criteria.

• Stayed March 2013
Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This Marriott had a beautiful lobby. We were told we got a room on the quiet side - make sure you request a room away from the highway. Our room (1502) was quiet and clean.

What we didn't like - the bathroom was not big enough for two people. There were no towel racks in the sink area, and limited in the shower area. The work desk was small, and only one side of the bed had outlets (and outlets were limited in the desk area as well). No fridge. Also, the room had only one chair. The closet doors wouldn't work properly and the closet looked pretty old (along with the door). While most of the room was upgraded nicely, there were a few odd eyesores like that.

On the plus side, the concierge area if you have access was small but nicely loaded with food at breakfast and at night.

The work out room was pretty nice - significant number of treadmills, some eliptical and some bikes. They also have a decent selection of free weights and machines for a hotel. There is an indoor hot tub and pool. The indoor pool is connected to the outdoor pool - people dive under the dividing wall.

Note that it is really important to drink a lot of water here. We were feeling great - no light headed-ness from the altitude, but after two days ended up feeling dehydrated with headaches and a nose bleed. Defnitely nothing to mess around with.

Room service - not the happiest person delivering, particularly when she realized she delivered the wrong thing, but it was corrected quickly and without verbal complaint.

Room Tip: If you like quiet, ask for a room away from the highway. Also, concierge room is on 14th floor and...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Texarkana, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I frequently stay at this hotel when I am in town for work. The service is always good, and the location is good for my meetings. The lobby area is also very good for meetings if needed. The bar and bar food are really pretty good also, and it is not usually too crowded. There is also a mall right across the street. I will be returning in the near future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thermopolis, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I have been attneding the Western Music Association festival at the ALB Marriott for the past several years. The festival has been shuttled around to various locations in the past, but for for the past few years, the ALB location has been used. And to good effect! The management of the property have gone above and beyond their responsibilites in insuring that everything that could be done to make our stay enjoyable was done and with dispatch! The WMA has found a home in the ALB Marriott, and I couldn't be happier! The property is easy to find, parking is great, the bell staff goes the extra mile and the entire four days seem to pass in a blur of good music, excellent acommodations and happy memories. Well done, troops!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Albuquerque Marriott? Share your experiences!