“There's good and bad to everything” 3 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Albuquerque Northeast
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5241 San Antonio Dr Northeast, Albuquerque, NM 87109   |
Ranked #78 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Parker
“There's good and bad to everything”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here during the balloon fiesta in Albuquerque. I'm pretty sure we've stayed here before but probably won't in the future. First the good things about this inn. The location is perfect if you're in town for the balloon festival. You're just a 10 minute ride to the park. The room was a good size and the bed was comfortable. Really liked the recliner next to the window and the flat screen TV. The sheets were clean but scratchy and there were plenty of pillows on the bed. It was nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room if we needed them.

Now for the bad. When we sleep, we need a fan to sleep with. The hvac system in the room does not allow to only have the fan running. We set the A/C to its lowest setting, but it kept going off during the night waking me up each time it did that. Needless to say I did not get much sleep. (We went out and bought a small fan for our second night.) Also when we got back to our room the second day, the bed had been made and the trash taken out but the cups that we used were not replaced. Also, the toilet had not been cleaned as there was a floater in it and the floor had hairs all over.

Finally, after going out for the evening we came back to the room only to find our key would not work. We went back to the front desk twice to have the key reprogrammed. Still no luck. The front desk person had to come to our room to let us in with their special key. Apparently, the battery in the door lock mechanism was in need of repair. Thank you to that front desk person for taking care of us. He actually offered to move us to another room which we declined since we were leaving early the next morning.

Overall, this visit was a wash. I'm not sure I'd go back since there are so many other options in the area.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I booked 5 nights and moved out after 3 - I just couldn't take it. Bugs, Bugs, Bugs. Their answer was "I called the exterminator." and even though the exterminator DID NOT COME they did not view this as their problem. The last day I was there (my breaking point) they did not even call the exterminator. Other features (I was in 4 rooms and all of them had something wrong). Frig did not work, air conditioning (summer in New Mexico) did not work, and they tried to convince me it did; they told me they were coming back to my room to fix something, and NEVER came back. The hotel is not particularly clean, the breakfast is poor, but all of this is overshadowed by the 'don't take ownership' attitude of the employees. It was so bad that I asked if the GM could call me. You guessed it he/she never called.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel under any circumstance. I stay in all ranges of hotels. It is not tha...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Could have been better if cleaning personnel had cleaned the bathroom sink every day instead of only once or twice. Shower head was great. We had to request a clock radio as there was none in the room. Bed was satisfactory, but I would prefer a harder bed...as I have a bad back.
Thank you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Although this hotel is a little older the service was excellent. The staff seemed genuinly interested in our family staying in 2 rooms. They even mailed home a lost teddy bear after check out!
The pool was very clean and the breakfast area was superclean too. Beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Albuquerque Northeast? Share your experiences!