“All you need for passing through” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Albuquerque I-40 East / San Mateo

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn Albuquerque I-40 East / San Mateo to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Albuquerque I-40 East / San Mateo
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2424 San Mateo Blvd Northeast, Albuquerque, NM 87110-4053   |
Ranked #82 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Kansas City, Missouri
“All you need for passing through”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

Desk attendants were efficient and cordial. We thought we were too early for breakfast on day of departure, were welcomed vigorously by the night clerk. Breakfast including hard boiled eggs and fresh fruit and was quite satisfactory. Location is very convenient. Room less comfortable than expected of LaQuinta in that the pillows were unsupportive and quality of sheets less than we have enjoyed during stays at other LaQuintas. Throw the negatives out the window if you pay as little as we did, with AAA rate. The place was quiet and we slept well. It was nice to be able to walk to dinner after long day in the car.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
St Louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

The general condition was old. This property seems to be a take over from another motel chain. They need to update the outside. The rooms are small but clean. The bathroom was very small. The breakfast was high carb and pre-packaged. Price was right for what you get.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Mpls, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

Nice, clean, bright and new. Great front desk reception. Close to lots of restaurants. I always know I will have a good room at a La Quinta and they take dogs. Nice breakfast area and food. I hope they keep up the good work in this expanding motel chain!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

Maybe the hotel has in fixed up since the other reviews were written. We stayed there because it was a good price of three people who wanted their own bed. It wasn't specious but it was fine for to two nights. It was clean. I thought it would noisy because it's close to the highway, but it was quiet. Service was fine with friendly staff. My only complain was the blankets were thin. I had asked for a second blanket (even before I tried the bed), but it snowed in the night and I was cold during the night. WiFi worked fine and the key worked when I found out that you leave the key in the slot while you're opening the door.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
alb
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

This was my second time staying at LaQuinta Inns &Suites. I stayed at one in Linthicum Maryland which was a total nightmare, being that the room was filthy and the bedding had not been changed from the previous guest, the management was very apologetic and gave me 2 free nights to make up for the previous disaster. I decided to use the 2 free nights in Albuquerque, New Mexico at the La Quinta located at 2424 San Mateo East I-40 , although The staff was great, and the room was somewhat clean, the carpet and bed clothing were covered in pet hair, but the staff provided fresh linens without a hassle, so I tried to make the best of it; Until about 2:30 am when my child woke up to use the restroom and screamed in horror roaches and water bugs crawling on the floor and the wall next to the AC. I can do a lot of things, but roaches are not one of them!! We ended up checking out at 3:00 am which was no fun at all. I will never again stay at a La Quinta Inn or suites ANYWHERE

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
texas panhandle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

My family took a quick trip to Albuquerque,NM for the weekend. Using military ID, the rate was only $49/night. There is major Interstate 40 construction adjacent to hotel, but was
never an issue with us. Excellent front counter employees, wonderful outdoor pool area, comfortable room.
The complementary breakfast was nothing to get excited about, but of course Denny's shares the front parking lot.
Overall, you can spend way more-but you certainly don't have to!

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
roswell, nm
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

booked a room using reward points for three nights. checked in after 9pm, and we weren't impressed with the room. small "double" beds, cramped room on the back side of the property--had to park on the street. got my 6-year old ready for a shower to discover VERY low pressure with no hot water. after running the water for 5 minutes, it warmed up long enough for a quick wash. decided on a bath, but the lukewarm water coming out of the shower was scalding hot when i turned it down to the bath. i called la quinta rewards to see about chaning hotels, but it was too late, so we had to stay the night. called the next morning, and they were quick to help me switch to another the la quinta midtown--it seemed like a hilton after the night we spent here. the staff at the front desk was indifferent as to why we checked out early. won't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn Albuquerque I-40 East / San Mateo? Share your experiences!