“Very affordable accommodation” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Albuquerque I-40 East / San Mateo

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn Albuquerque I-40 East / San Mateo to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Albuquerque I-40 East / San Mateo
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2424 San Mateo Blvd Northeast, Albuquerque, NM 87110-4053   |
Ranked #82 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Madison, Wisconsin
“Very affordable accommodation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Appropriately priced, adequate accommodations. Neighborhood is a bit gritty. Located close to attractions such as National Museum of Nuclear Science (a must-see!). Easy to find, and one block away from two bus lines (Take No 8 [Manaul at San Mateo] to go to the downtown transit center). Staff is very helpful, but working with aging equipment. Standard La Quinta breakfast area. Exterior entry to all rooms. Chain restaurants (average) are in the area within walking distance. I would recommend for budget-conscious single or couples, but not for family. I suggest families select from the two other La Quinta's in ABQ.

Room Tip: Check room before unpacking; A/C-heater working, Wi-Fi signal strength, etc.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Waterloo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The bathtub was a little old but for the price, it is an excellent choice. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean and roomy..My only complaint was I had a man approach me in the parking lot for money so he could get something to eat at the Denny's in front of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The La Quinta on San Mateo is located just off of I-40 and easy to find. I did not realize the hotel was actually a motel until I arrived. The area of town was average. The rooms were average at best but the view of the mountains were fantastic. We Pricelined the room and felt the price was adaquate to the condition (average/below average).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Room was okay but the bathroom was NOT even close. The bathroom was dirty and old looking. There were stains on the wall that could have easily been taken care of by housekeeping. The room was clean but outdated. The location is perfect though. Right off the freeway.

• Stayed December 2012
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Wow! This place is lousy! I'd spent the two previous nights at other La Quinta's (Twin Falls and Moab) while driving from Oregon to Texas and this basically *is* a Motel 6. It's right off I-40, which is convenient, but the neighborhood is shady and there's no where to take my dog to go to the bathroom. There's a residential neighborhood behind the hotel, so I had to walk her around there. As a single woman traveler, I didn't feel 100% safe here. If I hadn't been with my dog, who's very protective, I wouldn't have stayed. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. It definitely have a nicer feel than a Motel 6, but the doors are on the exterior of the building and it just didn't seem like the safest area. Kind if disappointed in La Quinta for this one.

• Stayed December 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The location was great for us it was convente for our business streets. Service was excellent Staff was very helpful in regards to answer questions. Rooms were very clean. & the beds were awesome, oh and pillows were great. The price was fanastic. And they also had Denny's Resturant. It is a wonderful place for the price you pay. And if I ever have to go back to Albuq I will definetly stay at this La Quinta Inn I-40/San Mateo. Just keep up the good work.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Albuquerque I-40 East / San Mateo? Share your experiences!