“Good choice!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Albuquerque - I-40 - San Mateo

You added Motel 6 Albuquerque - I-40 - San Mateo to your Saves list
Motel 6 Albuquerque - I-40 - San Mateo
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2424 San Mateo Blvd Northeast, Albuquerque, NM 87110-4053 (Formerly La Quinta Inn Albuquerque I-40 East / San Mateo)   |
Ranked #92 of 148 Hotels in Albuquerque
Waterloo
“Good choice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

The bathtub was a little old but for the price, it is an excellent choice. The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean and roomy..My only complaint was I had a man approach me in the parking lot for money so he could get something to eat at the Denny's in front of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The La Quinta on San Mateo is located just off of I-40 and easy to find. I did not realize the hotel was actually a motel until I arrived. The area of town was average. The rooms were average at best but the view of the mountains were fantastic. We Pricelined the room and felt the price was adaquate to the condition (average/below average).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Room was okay but the bathroom was NOT even close. The bathroom was dirty and old looking. There were stains on the wall that could have easily been taken care of by housekeeping. The room was clean but outdated. The location is perfect though. Right off the freeway.

• Stayed December 2012
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Wow! This place is lousy! I'd spent the two previous nights at other La Quinta's (Twin Falls and Moab) while driving from Oregon to Texas and this basically *is* a Motel 6. It's right off I-40, which is convenient, but the neighborhood is shady and there's no where to take my dog to go to the bathroom. There's a residential neighborhood behind the hotel, so I had to walk her around there. As a single woman traveler, I didn't feel 100% safe here. If I hadn't been with my dog, who's very protective, I wouldn't have stayed. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. It definitely have a nicer feel than a Motel 6, but the doors are on the exterior of the building and it just didn't seem like the safest area. Kind if disappointed in La Quinta for this one.

• Stayed December 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The location was great for us it was convente for our business streets. Service was excellent Staff was very helpful in regards to answer questions. Rooms were very clean. & the beds were awesome, oh and pillows were great. The price was fanastic. And they also had Denny's Resturant. It is a wonderful place for the price you pay. And if I ever have to go back to Albuq I will definetly stay at this La Quinta Inn I-40/San Mateo. Just keep up the good work.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Joplin, Missouri, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Overall a poor stay. The flush ball on the toilet was old and continued to leak allowing toilet to flush by itself every 5 minutes. There was a crack in the little door above the shower to access the ceiling and it had been filled with paper towels which were hanging down to prevent leakage. One thin blanket for the bed was provided and was not sufficient. It was very noisy for a good part of the night. Walls are thin and one can hear the next door TV droning on during the night.. Also, internet would connect and then shut off and stop connection. We would not stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to Motel 6 Albuquerque - I-40 - San Mateo? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Albuquerque - I-40 - San Mateo

Address: 2424 San Mateo Blvd Northeast, Albuquerque, NM 87110-4053 (Formerly La Quinta Inn Albuquerque I-40 East / San Mateo)
Location: United States > New Mexico > Albuquerque
Ranked #92 of 148 Hotels in Albuquerque
Hotel Class:2 star — Motel 6 Albuquerque - I-40 - San Mateo 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Motel-6, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Motel 6 Albuquerque - I-40 - San Mateo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
La Quinta Inn Albuquerque i-40 East Hotel Albuquerque
Albuquerque La Quinta
La Quinta Albuquerque

If you own or manage Motel 6 Albuquerque - I-40 - San Mateo, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.