“Typical but acceptable” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Albuquerque I-40 East / San Mateo

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn Albuquerque I-40 East / San Mateo to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Albuquerque I-40 East / San Mateo
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2424 San Mateo Blvd Northeast, Albuquerque, NM 87110-4053   |
Ranked #89 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
St. Louis Area
“Typical but acceptable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This was our 2nd nights stay while on the way to AZ. Pretty similar to the first night in OK City. Once again electrical outlets seemed to be at a premium. Just as the other La Quinta only one of the two outlets were working on the table where I set up my laptop. Had to unplug the light in order to plug in the laptop. Could not get WI-FI working but the front desk was kind enough to advise me to call the free tech support line that got me up and running. The continental breakfast is nothing to write home about, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Very nice folks here who were very helpful.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Gracious management,allowing flexibility for guests. Great midtown Albuquerque area location. Breakfast bar is great and convenient. Highly recommended for other seniors.
Thanks for another great stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is our second stay at this hotel within a year. We chose it again because of location but also because the staff hospitality and friendliness is outstanding!! Wish breakfast lasted a bit later (say 10 a.m.). Would appreciate lotion in room, but for the price, I can plan to take my own lotion next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Torrance CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is an older architecture facility, but still well kept up. Location is adjacent to I-40, but it is a goodly distance from Central Avenue, if that is your preference. The bath is small, but we slept well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was able to check in early thanks to the manager and staff . I had made reservations the night before through the call center and was reminded that the standard check in time would be 3 pm . However , when I arrived around noon to inquire about early check in time, the desk clerk Gina and another clerk ( manager ?) gentlemen saw that there was an available room for me and was able to get me in asap! Thanks for your excellent customer service!
The complaints that I have about this particular La Quinta, is that there was no fitness center (some of the other locations do have them though ), no luggage cart or elevator. I didn't want to leave anything in my vehicle overnight.
I was on second floor- and needed to haul all my gear upstairs since I was in ABQ for 9 days but was at LQ 4 nights only. There is limited visible parking around the hotel. There were some homeless people always walking around the back side of the hotel and I made sure I parked on the front side of hotel or that was I alone after dark coming back to hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

An awesome hotel for what we needed it for. Travelling from Phoenix to NH, this place was awesome for the price! Clean rooms, very friendly staff, great location to route I-40! Would definitely stay at this hotel again in the future

• Stayed September 2012

Been to La Quinta Inn Albuquerque I-40 East / San Mateo? Share your experiences!