“Overall excellent value/accommodations combo” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Albuquerque I-40 East / San Mateo

You added La Quinta Inn Albuquerque I-40 East / San Mateo to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Albuquerque I-40 East / San Mateo
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2424 San Mateo Blvd Northeast, Albuquerque, NM 87110-4053   |
Ranked #92 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
A TripAdvisor Member
“Overall excellent value/accommodations combo”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is our second stay at this hotel within a year. We chose it again because of location but also because the staff hospitality and friendliness is outstanding!! Wish breakfast lasted a bit later (say 10 a.m.). Would appreciate lotion in room, but for the price, I can plan to take my own lotion next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Torrance CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is an older architecture facility, but still well kept up. Location is adjacent to I-40, but it is a goodly distance from Central Avenue, if that is your preference. The bath is small, but we slept well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was able to check in early thanks to the manager and staff . I had made reservations the night before through the call center and was reminded that the standard check in time would be 3 pm . However , when I arrived around noon to inquire about early check in time, the desk clerk Gina and another clerk ( manager ?) gentlemen saw that there was an available room for me and was able to get me in asap! Thanks for your excellent customer service!
The complaints that I have about this particular La Quinta, is that there was no fitness center (some of the other locations do have them though ), no luggage cart or elevator. I didn't want to leave anything in my vehicle overnight.
I was on second floor- and needed to haul all my gear upstairs since I was in ABQ for 9 days but was at LQ 4 nights only. There is limited visible parking around the hotel. There were some homeless people always walking around the back side of the hotel and I made sure I parked on the front side of hotel or that was I alone after dark coming back to hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

An awesome hotel for what we needed it for. Travelling from Phoenix to NH, this place was awesome for the price! Clean rooms, very friendly staff, great location to route I-40! Would definitely stay at this hotel again in the future

• Stayed September 2012
northern NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Very friendly staff, near all major interstates. Typical La quinta breakfast, abundant refills. This is an older Laquinta but it is very well maintained. It has a great outdoor ,very clean swimmi ng pool. ROOMS ,have been updated and are clean and well maintained.

Room Tip: Ask for second story room facing pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed here one night with 3 dogs. There was no refridgerator or microwave in the room, no business center, and the laundry was closed. Staff were on the rude side. It was noisy, the grounds were dirty/trashy. The bed linens were wrinkled - like they may not have been changed. I would never stay there again....for the price it was a big ripoff.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to La Quinta Inn Albuquerque I-40 East / San Mateo? Share your experiences!