“A good value, pet friendly(no fee)” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn Albuquerque I-40 East / San Mateo

You added La Quinta Inn Albuquerque I-40 East / San Mateo to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn Albuquerque I-40 East / San Mateo
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2424 San Mateo Blvd Northeast, Albuquerque, NM 87110-4053   |
Ranked #91 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Tucson
“A good value, pet friendly(no fee)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

We found this via a pet friendly site and than booked through Expridia, under $70, great value for in city easy access hotel. Certainly could use some updating of bedding and room decore. The continental brecky was adequate and kept stocked. We were put on the back side which minimized the city noise, all of the occupants were quite civil and quiet. The front desk staff was friendly and when she dicovered she had inadvertently booked us into a room that had not been cleaned, came runninng around back to tell us she needed to give us a different room and key before we trudged up the steps to the dirty room. In short we WILL be staying there again especially when we have our four legged baby with us.

Room Tip: The backside of the complex is best
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

I stayed at this location a few weeks ago and had planned to stay for 4 nights. The first night there we arrived late, took our bags in the room and went to bed. We had to leave early the next morning. The second night when we arrived we found a cockroach in the room. Everyone knows, where there is one.....there is another!! I went to the front desk and was told that there were no more rooms available but since cockroaches do not like light we could sleep with the lights on and we could move rooms the next day. So we slept (or "attempted" to sleep) with lights on. We had dogs with us and did not even let them sleep in the room with us after finding the cockroach and they had to sleep in our car. We left early the next morning again only to find bug bites on my daughter. That night when we arrived back at the motel, we were told that they would move our rooms. When we went to go into the "new" room, it smelled so bad of feces that we couldn't even walk in the room. So we ended up moving motels that night to another La Quinta that was clean and much nicer. Unfortunately when we moved motels, we found that our luggage had another cockroach in it that we had brought with us. I would also be sure to not leave any valuables in the room at this location as my camera (worth about $500) was also stolen. So between the unclean rooms, theft, and the bugs.......this became a horrid trip. I would rather sleep under a bridge than to stay at this location again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

hotel was old. people staying out side their rooms smoking and looking like they was on drugs. Room was so nasty THAT WE CHECK OUT OF THE HOTEL. Please do not stay at this hotel. Hotel was not fit for my dog.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Since I always use La Quinta in Houston as my airport hotel when I have an early departure from Bush International, I have generally tried to use them while on road trips. The one at the airport is great, but I have become disappointed in others. I think I will switch to another chain. This one was particularly bad with a heavy disinfectant order in the room and lots of late night noise from the swimming pool.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
RIDGWAY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

We always try to stay at La Quinta. The last few times our stay has been less than satisfactory. This last one was the last straw! I finally decided to use my points. If this is the way free nights are treated - forget it! We walked into a room that was suppose to be non-smoking and there sat an ash tray right in front of us. There were cigarette burn marks on the tub and toilet. The tub had gross dark stains - I was glad I had a shower that morning!

I went to pull down the sheet and blanket to prepare for bed and there was a black mark on the fitted sheet and the blanket had stains. We used the other bed which was the lesser of two evils.

The carpet was stained and dirty. The door was black and the knob sticky. This place was disgusting! And the description says "immaculate, well-equipped exterior-access rooms". I don't think so! We were so tired we just sucked it up and made the best of it. HOWEVER, we didn't sleep much. We kept hearing the people in the room above us walking back and forth all night long.

La Quinta quality has gone by the way of the sewer. My husband and I will find another hotel/motel chain to stay at from now on. I'm sorry I wasted my points or the money I have spent to accumulate them.

I'm so glad our niece and nephew's plane was delayed a day. I would have been so embarrassed to have picked them up and expected them to sleep in this room.

I tried to send this same letter to La Quinta all morning but I keep getting the message "A problem has been encountered. your question could not be processed" Guess they really don't want to hear it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Houston, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

Older hotel, noisy, room was not very clean, window A/C was noisy. Not even what I would expect from a La Quinta.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Post Falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

Hotel is situated on a dead-end with very little traffic. Easy on/off to I40. We stayed on the 3rd floor, elevator is handy and very nice. Everything is beautiful including the large rooms with great tv with lots of channels.
Ask for a room away from the freeway but either way, it's really quiet there.
Lots of convenient parking with good access to elevator and rooms right through the lobby.
I used the laundry room which was large and nice.
The room was decorated like new. Huge bathroom area with full counter. Nice shower/tub and plenty of room.
Outside is a very nice pool/hot tub area with lush plants and gazebo area. Pool was nicely heated and hot was perfect.
The best part was Furr's Buffet just down the street. We walked and enjoyed the exercise.
The buffet was a wonderful southern type buffet with excellent food for a great price.
Only gripe I would have is breakfast is complimentary but only offered hard-boiled eggs. But they did have waffles and other goodies so we sure didn't go away hungry.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Loved the place and wish we could have had the same experience at all the hotels we visited during our trip. Glad we were able to spend 2 nights there and see some of the awesome sites in Alb.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Albuquerque I-40 East / San Mateo? Share your experiences!