“over rated” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Andaluz

You added Hotel Andaluz to your Saves list
Hotel Andaluz
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   125 Second Street North-West, Albuquerque, NM 87102 (Formerly Posada) (Albuquerque Original Townsite)   |
Special Offer
Diamond Jubilee Package
Ranked #6 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
nm
“over rated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

Hotel Andaluz was on my list of places to try out, so when my daughter & I booked tickets to see "Wicked", we thought we should try it. Parking was a problem. We had two vehicles and met a friend for the day who also had a vehicle. I was surprised that we had to pay for our parking, and although valet parking was available, as we arrived, it was not offered. We had a small room since it was just the 2 of us which was fine; however, we were put in a room with a view of the roof of the lobby.... nothing nice about that! Room service breakfast was below average. Upon check out I specifically inquired about the parking policy (we had paid for one vehicle to stay parked; one to go in and out) We were told that everything had been taken care of upon our check in so we were good to go. As we were trying to get out of the parking structure, the attendant rudely informed us that we had to have a stamped ticket for the car that had been parked. We had to return to the desk in the hotel to get it stamped. Then after I drove 4 hours home, I got a phone call from the hotel informing me that I would be charged $50 for not returning the parking pass. Hmmmmm I had specifically asked and had been told we were good to go. I don't get it. When you pay for a nice place, you expect to be treated nicely. The little things do count. I'll mark this place off my list, not returning.

• Stayed February 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

Stayed in the hotel last week for 6 nights for work and its such a lovely relaxing hotel. Beautiful spacious room very comfy bed and overall a wonderful place. Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

We were on vacation in what turned out to be an unexpectedly chilly Albuquerque but the Andaluz, which I chose based on the Trip Advisor reviews, certainly exceeded all our expectations. It's a very pleasant and rather unusual hotel -- recently refurbished to a high standard but with a great traditional feel to it. Our room was spacious and comfortable and cleaned to a high standard.The shower room is small -- there was no bath -- but adequate. The remainder of the bathroom facilties are spacious and very well designed. The Lucia Restaurant was excellent. Good, fairly straightforward food nicely prepared and presented, supported by a decent, reasonably priced wine list. Breakfasts were also very good and the service throughout was exemplary.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

This historic building has been beautifully restored to reflect its grand architectural roots without sacrificing modern conveniences and hip decor. Public space is lively and inviting. Rooms are completely and thoughtfully outfitted with almost every technological need for both business and leisure travelers. Bathrooms are also well appointed with quality products. The rooms are comfortable and quiet. We did not get to eat in the restaurant, but we did order from the tapas menu in the lounge and it by far exceeded the norm for hotel food. Items were unique and far from cookie-cutter hotel restaurant fare. Our only complaint is that service seemed spotty. We were misquoted information by staff about the hotel room we reserved being able to accomodate us and our teenage son. We had been told there was a large set of French doors dividing our room from the sofa bed, but this was not the case when we go to the room and had to change to two rooms, with no discount rate offered per their mistake. And the next morning, we had an early flight to catch. We called for our car before coming to the lobby; we waited 30 minutes to get our car and almost missed our flight. We went to the front desk twice to let them know we were waiting and it wasn't until 30 minutes passed, that the manager went to fetch our vehicle. The parking garage is on the same block! The hotel is conveniently located to the airport and to downtown businesses.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2011

Everything about this property has been exceptional. I booked it prior to the Blizzard of 2011, which struck the Midwest. When I was uncertain of my plane travel, Karen, in reservations, was very accommodating. When I landed at the airport (nearly 24 hours later than expected) I called the concierge and asked her to look into spas for me. She booked a masseuse to come to me in my room. Meals at Lucia have been wonderful. The bed is super cozy. Robes are hanging in the room to use -- that are comfy. Wi-fi is available for free. The lobby is artsy and inviting. The hotel is also walking distance to the Railrunner train, making it easy to do a day trip in Santa Fe. I am trying to be comprehensive here because it is one of the most enjoyable stays I have had at a hotel ever.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

Albuquerque has needed a top-quality hotel forever - and now it has one. Just a great hotel with real character. We had an Andaluz King room, which was wonderful. Free, no-BS WiFi, and my favorite "luxury": complimentary coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

One of the nicest hotels I have stayed in. Beautiful decor, fantastic restaurant, friendly bar, great beds, and warm and genuinely friendly service. It was far beyond my expectations. I LOVE this place.

Steve Fierberg

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Andaluz? Share your experiences!