“All around 5-star” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Andaluz

You added Hotel Andaluz to your Saves list
Hotel Andaluz
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   125 Second Street North-West, Albuquerque, NM 87102 (Formerly Posada) (Albuquerque Original Townsite)   |
Special Offer
Diamond Jubilee Package
Ranked #6 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Surfside, California
“All around 5-star”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I traveled to Albuquerque for business. The Hotel Andaluz is simply a beautiful hotel -- the decor, the history, the furniture and all of the details. The staff is one of the nicest hotel staff I've ever encountered. They were always pleasant, accommodating, and helpful. The food is excellent. I also spent some time at the outdoor bar. It's a fun and relaxing atmosphere, where you can unwind after a day full of meetings. Lastly, I had the pleasure of meeting the general manager, John O'Hara, and he is so pleasant and nice and fun. With management like him, it's no wonder the staff is so great! I have clients in Albuquerque and will always stay at the Hotel Andaluz when I'm in town.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
andaluzmgmt, Front Office Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and thank your for recognizing John as he is great to work with. We are glad to hear your time at our hotel went so well and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

The hotel and rooms are beautiful. We especially loved that they are dog friendly. There was only 1, major thing that ruined our stay and prevents me from leaving 5 stars... We paid for valet parking, only to witness the valet let someone walking on the street, drive my car. We paid valet for convienence, and also for peace of mind that our car would be in a safe place, less likely to be broken into or stolen. How can I rest easy and get a good nights sleep when I just saw the valet allow someone who does not work for the hotel nor have any business being in my car, just climb in, drive, and then inspect the outside of my car!?! Had I not been driving for 12hrs already with another 12hr drive ahead of me, I would have demanded a refund and just left. It's really hard to say anything positive about this hotel after this major slip up.

• Stayed June 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

As other travelers before me have written, the moment you walk off the street and into the lobby area of the hotel you know this is a cool place to be. Check in was easy, the structure and layout of the lobby area was beautiful (and cool after the heat of outside) and the bedroom didn't disappoint.
My only criticism was the amount, or lack of, water that came out of the taps in the bathroom. They were the sprinkle-type as opposed to flow-type and it was fairly difficult to get enough water to clean teeth/hands etc.
The roof top bar (actually on the mezzanine or 2nd floor) was a lovely place to relax after a long trip from Europe.
Overall a pleasant stay and worth considering if you're in town.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear that your expectations of our hotel were well met. As a Gold LEED Certified hotel our goal is to match luxury with environmental consciousness. We do use water saving faucets though they are designed to create water pressure without over using such a precious resource. We will definitely express your concerns to our engineering department. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Boulder, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

There's a lot to like about the Hotel Andaluz... historic, green, good location. We booked for 3 nights using hotels.com at $155 a night. Should have bought a nice room, right?

Instead our room was tiny with a dreary and dark minuscule bathroom and overlooked a parking lot. The room map on our door showed that our room was about half the size of most of the others on our floor. I wondered what the heck was going on...

I asked at reception what the room rate for our room was-- $130 a night I was told, with the typical and much larger room at $139. The receptionist also said that the hotel gives our (lousy, small) type of room to the booking services to book. Soooooo we're paying a $45 premium for the nastiest room in the hotel. Do I sound pissed?
I think this is a terrible way to run a hotel, or maybe it's the booking service that's the problem. I just know I'm never using hotels.com again, nor will we ever stay at the Andaluz again. And did I mention it's $16 a day for parking and a small latte at the hotel restaurant is $5?

This is my first negative review.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Lincolnwood, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

This is a great, classic hotel that has been recently renovated and modernized. The facility is beautiful and the rooms have all the amenities you could want. We also enjoyed the rooftop bar. The hotel is located near the convention center and the Amtrak station, but otherwise you will need a car to see the sights (but that is probably true of every hotel in Albuquerque). Highly recommended.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
andaluzmgmt, Front Office Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
We are glad that you found our hotel accommodating and that we were able to meet your needs. In 2009 the owner of the hotel did major renovations bringing back life and accenting the history of this 75 year old hotel. Our staff really does have a passion for hospitality that sets the tone for a nice stay. Thank you so much for your recommendation and your review and we hope to see you again soon.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

The moment you walk into the lobby you know this is someplace special - and it was... I'm sorry we only had a one-night stay here, but we really enjoyed it. Our room on the 10th floor was almost suite-sized with a king bed, couch and chair, along with a desk that held a small fridge and many electrical outlets. There were many thoughtful touches, from the safe, to the bathrobes, to the luxury linens on the canopy bed. We called for and were sent up a coffeemaker and coffee service. Both of the windows looked out over the city, and there was a large flat-screen TV in between. My husband thought it was one of the nicest hotels ever! Thanks so much

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
We are so thankful for your review and your kind words. We truly believe that details are what makes an experience memorable and we are happy to know that they made an impact on you. We do look forward to seeing you again soon.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

From start to finish, arrival to departure we experienced 5 star customer service. The Hotel is absolutely beautiful. The accommodations are amazing. We enjoyed dinner with excellent service. The food was amazing. The best wine selection. Ibiza, the roof top bar has the best place in Albuquerque to enjoy a cocktail on a perfect Albuquerque evenings. If you're coming to Albuquerque, Hotel Andaluz is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a room facing East.