“Fantastic service and beauty to boot!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Andaluz

Save Saved
You added Hotel Andaluz to your Saves list
Hotel Andaluz
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   125 Second Street North-West, Albuquerque, NM 87102 (Formerly Posada) (Albuquerque Original Townsite)   |
Ranked #5 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Fantastic service and beauty to boot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

While I have to admit my disappointment at the hotel's lack of a pool, the personnel more than made up for this! Our room (king with pull out sofa) was spacious. The hotel staff extremely helpful at all times. In fact, there was a time I'd asked the restaurant hostess to fill my water bottle. While she was away from the station doing that, some hotel staff (maintenance or maybe banquet servers?) saw me standing there and immediately asked me if I needed help. This was just one example of many. It is very apparent there is a culture of true service at this hotel.
The restaurants had good, upscale food. The service was a slow and I couldn't determine why. It wasn't overly crowded. I wondered if the set up of service stations prevented good service (had to repeayedly ask for refils)The servers were very friendly and nice, though.
As others have mentioned, the surrounding blocks are a little dicey. Practice the buddy system when walking.
I did wish there was a pool and that the workout space was within the hotel. That said, this is a lovely hotel and you won't regret your choice to stay here. We had a great view of the mountains as well.
Overall, a beautiful, beautiful space. Absolutely fantastic service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Patti H,
Thank you for your kind review. I apologize it was not communicated to you during your stay that although the hotel does not have a pool or fitness center on site, we do offer all our hotel guests complimentary access to the full service gym only feet away from our main entrance. They are fully equipped with a pool, hot tub, sauna and fitness equipment and classes. We are glad to hear however that our hotel staff created a positive experience for you during your visit. Thank you again, We hope to see you back soon!

706 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel is truly a city Jem. Beautifully renovated, attention to detail is evident. Room was spacious & immaculate. I'm a linen snob and the bed was so luxurious I didn't want to leave it.
And I've stayed at many 5star resorts to compare. The roof top bar is inviting, a fun place to end your evening. The staff was attentive & competent - which is not a common combination in today's workplaces.

If I ever to visit the city again , would make Hotel Andaluz part of the deal- it was the highlight

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Moglick,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your visit and had the opportunity to enjoy the small but important details which make Hotel Andaluz special. We hope to see you back soon!

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Hotel Andaluz is located right downtown, near restaurants and more. It has a rooftop deck (second floor, though) that is very stylish and "hip", playing great music. There is a happy hour 4-7 pm and the margaritas are worth the stop. The rooms are cozy (remember this is an old property) but very comfortable. They were up-to-date with very nice bedding and pillows - which is saying a lot! We waited over 30 minutes for the bellman when checking out and ended up carrying all our belongings down ourselves. The car was there, at least...but the person with our keys wasn't. I think they were a little short-handed that morning (Tuesday after Memorial weekend) so, maybe this isn't normal. All in all, I would surely recommend this property.

Room Tip: You might not want a room overlooking the 2nd floor "rooftop" deck because of noise. But...
Dear Bonnie G,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for the delay with luggage assistance as this is not indicative of our usual high standard of service. I am glad to hear, however that your visit was pleasant and enjoyed the comforts of your guest room.
Thank you again for your time. We look forward to having you back soon.

Richmond, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a really neat hotel. Rooms are amazing and reflects the $30MM spent rehabing. Staff is very friendly and responsive. Although we were next to an elevator room was still very quiet and comfortable. Bear in mind we were only there 1 night but very favorably impressed. The lounge area is fantastic and we got there early enough to get one of the 6 or 7 private alcoves and listen to live music. You can also reserve the alcoves which comfortably seat 6-8 and service is quite good for cocktails and dinner. The drawback to us was location. No restaurants within walking distance per the front desk and Old Town was 1.6 miles away too far to comfortably walk. If you are there just for the hotel you will not be disappointed. If you are there for good location for walking to restaurants etc you will be disappointed. We wanted to see Old Town and had to wait 20 minutes for a Taxi although the Valet called 3 times. The taxi we finally got we hailed. If you have a car then location may be irrelevant. But with a car be mindful that the unloading zone for valet parking can be easy to miss. It is on the right side of Copper Street just before 2nd street. While waiting for the taxi I noticed several cars circling before finally figuring it out. They really need a larger sign.

Dear Tony0146484,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It seems like there may have been some mis communication with the front office regarding dining options. In our area there are multiple restaurants including our own, within walking distance such as Brazilian, Sushi, Thai and American cuisine. We are glad to hear however, that your visit was pleasant and you had the opportunity to enjoy a private casbah with live entertainment.
We hope to see you back soon!

Northern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We spent one night at the Hotel Andaluz and found it to be quiet, convenient and very comfortable. The restoration of this historic hotel is quite beautiful with many unique touches. Loved the spacious bathroom and the hotel amenities. Be sure to check out the amazing book collection in the library and the art on the second floor. Would stay here again.

Dear MimiN_10,
Thank you for your kind review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to experience our unique library and collection of local art on the mezzanine. We hope to see you back soon!

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were deciding about booking between this and the Hyatt downtown and went with the Hotel Andaluz. One of our deciding factors was the lovely room, free internet and no parking fees (well we were wrong about the parking fees, the site we booked through didn't have it listed).

I will say the hotel is absolutely lovely and the deco is exactly my style. We got so many idea from our room about remodeling our bathroom. The bed, sheets and pillow were fantastic! The staff is wonderful, friendly and accommodating. Here are the bummers, because I want to give 5 stars, but I can't. The checking in and out of valet parking is a mess. At certain times (like when a wedding reception is going on) it is so difficult to get in and out of valet parking or leaving your car for valet. The hotel was built in 1939 so there are niceties that are missing like an exercise room and a pool/hot tub. In their defensive, they do give a pass for the gym right across the street, but when you have been riding in a car all day and would like to soak a hot tub, you are not really going to go across the street at 9pm at night to use the gym's hot tub. And I am sure you would say, "Soak in the tub." Yeah, no tub in my tenth floor deluxe room, just a walk-in shower, which brings me to my last 'miss' for me. The bathroom in our room was beautiful and you could tell recently remodel, but for the life of us, my husband and I could't figure out why they used a $12 shower head. Our showers were awful. The water came out every direction, sputtering. No matter what I did, I couldn't keep the water off the floor. I angled the shower head towards the wall, it would bounce off the wall onto the floor. If I just had it aimed towards me, there was a puddle on the floor. I think there was more water everywhere else than on me. I mentioned something on checkout, but not sure the girl took me seriously. Room 1005 - it needs to be fixed.

We did love that we could just walk to the movie theater and so close to Old Town. We also found the beeps in the elevator were novel. We thought the beeps sounded like they were from Star Trek.

Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Amy S,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit, I only wish we had the opportunity to address your concerns with the shower head during your stay. Our reception team communicates well with our engineering department and I can assure you your concerns were addressed. The Romance suite, The Conrad Studio rooms and the Zsa Zsa suite all have tubs. On your next visit please do not hesitate to consult with reservations to explore each room type.
Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Carlsbad, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

The Hotel Andaluz is an excellent choice if you're after a relaxing, private and indulgent hotel. Parking is Valet and I suggest taking advantage of this. Parking in downtown ABQ is mostly State-owned and is not terribly close by so park with the hotel Valet. Check-in is personal, efficient and nicely tucked away just off the magnificent lobby. Our room was a small suite. It had a spacious 2 sink dressing area. The bathroom although a tad small, had a tile and glass walk-in shower. The lighting in the room was very well thought out. The sink countertops are backlit. The dressing area has a small alcove seat with a soft amber light. The bedroom and sitting area have subdued floor and table lamps, bedside sconces and small adjustable angle reading lamps. Most of the lighting is on dimmer switches. The bed is possibly the best bed I've ever slept in. It is absolutely sumptuous! The mattress, pillows, linens, comforters--anything related to the bed is all natural, hypo allergenic and chemical free. The water is softened and the ice is crystal clear.

The food at Hotel Andaluz is outstanding! We tried every food option. In-room dining, breakfast, bar menu and dinner at Ibiza were all top notch in quality, service, taste and presentation. Try and reserve one of the small private rooms just off the lobby for drinks or dinner. These rooms feel like you're sitting in an exotic little hideaway. They are all appointed differently. Some have plants, fountains, sculpture and all of them are intimate and romantic. This is a must do if you're a guest at the Hotel. Breakfast is great! The Lemon Ricotta or Blue Corn pancakes are very good!

I can't recommend the Hotel Andaluz more highly. For a couples getaway or a relaxing weekend it truly cannot be beat. The staff is amazingly accommodating and found everything I asked for from extra towels to champagne flutes.

The Hotel Andaluz is an outstanding choice!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear rlpack1956,
Thank you for such a kind review. We are thrilled to hear you had the opportunity to experience all of the hotel outlets while enjoying each of them to the fullest. The hotel owner dedicated a lot of time into the small, yet very important details of each guest room, and we are glad to hear you were able to appreciate it all.
Thank you again for your review, we hope to see you back soon!

Assistant Hotel Manager

Been to Hotel Andaluz? Share your experiences!