“Great place to stay....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Andaluz

Save Saved
You added Hotel Andaluz to your Saves list
Hotel Andaluz
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   125 Second Street North-West, Albuquerque, NM 87102 (Formerly Posada) (Albuquerque Original Townsite)   |
Ranked #5 of 146 hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Victoria,TX
“Great place to stay....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Loved this hotel..... the exterior is very non-descript, but that changes quickly as you enter the lobby. It is beautifully appointed, as if you were entering a palace. Staff is very friendly and very accommodating... The rooms are large...ours had a seating area...but not very cool.....The temperature in our room was the one negative in our stay! The lobby bar is very cozy, but you can take your drinks into the lobby/living room. The Sangria Margarita was delicious. We had dinner at Lucia, and it was very good. A small combo was playing in the lobby area on this Friday evening...nice touch! After dinner, we ventured up to the roof-top bar, which was delightful. The view is not spectacular, since you are in the downtown area, but the mountains can bee seen over some buildings. There was a full moon, and it's rise was beautiful. We also enjoyed breakfast at Lucia. A perfect location for the evening before a morning flight....it is not too far from the airport.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear cooker72,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I only wish we had the opportunity to address your concerns with the temperature in your room during your visit as I am confident we would have rectified the concern. We are glad to hear however, that your overall visit was pleasant and you had the opportunity to enjoy multiple outlets. We hope to see you back soon!

722 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I recently stayed here May 18th was greeted with excellent service from the Valet guy to Bell Hop to the service desk lady and the staff in the restaurant/bar. All around smiles and friendly. Kudos. The hotel has a nice historic spanish atmosphere. I checked out the library/study and was very pleased with the collection of books and updated computers. I stayed on the the 3rd floor in a nice small room. Which is my only complaint, the room and bathroom were a bit small for my taste and what i had payed for the room. Next time i will opt for a larger room. But don't get me wrong the room and bathroom were very nice and clean. The hotel is pet friendly but with an added $50 charge. Its location is very convenient to central (the main drag at night). Close to the train station but you don't here it. Close to a theater, shops and many restaurants. I also ate in the hotel @ Lucia, very tasty. I had the vegetable ravioli. Mmmm. Overall it was great stay. I would recommend for the excellent service and opt for a larger room. :0) oh, forgot to mention the gym, which is not located in the hotel but across the street and does have a pool.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear hitodito,
Thank you for your kind review. We are thrilled to hear you had the opportunity to visit multiple outlets and experience true Andaluz Culture throughout your stay. On your next visit please do not hesitate to inquire about our 12 different room types in order to find the room which suites your needs best. We look forward to your return!

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is a good hotel, well located, the building is historic and our room was very nice and very comforable. The staff is friendly and everyone seems to wantto make your stay enjoyable. The restaurant, while not the best in town, is quite good. I would sum it up by saying that this hotel is a very good choice for Albuquerque, but lacks the charm of some Santa Fe hotels, particularly the Inn of the Five Graces. You won't go wrong with choosing this hotel, but you won't rave about it either.

Dear enjoy_the_best,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you back soon. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you further about your experience and receive better insight on how we could have taken your visit to the next level. We are always looking for opportunities to enhance our guest services. Feel free to contact me at 505.242.9090 or if email is more convenient msanchez@hotelandaluz.com
Thank you for your time, I look forward to hearing from you.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Once inside the hotel, you will feel like you've walked into a casbah! Very opulent . The rooms are very "green" and energy efficient. However, we tried walking around the neighborhood in search of a restaurant, and we did not feel safe at all (hookers and drug dealers on the corner). Though it is on historic Route 66, this particular part of downtown ha sunfortunately seen better days.

Dear Cinwantagh,
I am glad to hear your visit to our property was pleasant, and you had the opportunity to learn about our green initiatives. I am disappointing to hear however, that the downtown area did not live up to your expectations. I can assure you our downtown area is cared for by our Downtown Action Team who prides themselves with keeping our downtown clean and safe. We are a couple blocks away from the downtown night life which can make our area busier, but safe, just the same.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback, we hope to see you back.

Charleston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I loved this place! The trip was planned to visit Santa Fe; however, I loved ABQ so much more! I arrived well after midnight on the weekend after flying more than 8 hours and from the valet parking, to the staff bringing up our luggage, to providing the phone numbers for a local delivery restaurant, I couldn’t have been more accommodated. The room was on the 10th floor, which I would recommend a high floor for the view of the city and the neon lights of Route 66. The room had this quaint old safe built into the wall (inoperable but reflected the historic aspect of the hotel) The hotel is “green” which fits perfectly with the preservation theme. The room features bathrobes, refrigerator, coffee maker, and refillable toiletries. There is a club/bar on the rooftop and I wish I was awake enough to enjoy upon my arrival but next time! It really seemed fun! I traveled with my sister for a "girl's weekend" and only stayed one night and traveled on up to Santa Fe but upon hindsight we should have stayed in ABQ. This hotel was 45% less than the inn in Santa Fe and totally equal in service and site plus ABQ was livelier (Santa Fe is very quiet) The value received at this hotel is by far one of the best I have experienced. You absolutely cannot get more for your travel dollar. For equal experiences I have paid amongst triple at other inns. If you are visiting northern New Mexico I would recommend staying in ABQ at Hotel Andaluz and traveling the Turquoise Trail for a day trip and returning to ABQ to enjoy the nightlife. If you have an appreciation for historic structures which have been totally renovated you will also fall in love with the Hotel Andaluz.

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor to view the neon lights of Route 66
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear LauraUSC,
Thank you for your kind review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your visit and had the chance to appreciate all the small details that give our hotel its character. We're looking forward to your next stay, and next time around we will be expecting to see you in Ibiza too!

Safe Travels,
Worldwide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Beautiful big rooms. Nice sheets. My wife loved this place. It's right on the old Route 66 - you can cruise down Central Avenue and check out all the old remaining R66 places. Some of them look like they've barely made it to this day.

But back to the hotel. Use the valet parking because it's the cheapest and fun to have valet parking. There is a nice library inside the artist where a film crew was hanging out and throwing around words like "we chased Ewan Macgregor"... We drank a happy hour beer at the outdoor cafe where a guy was singing. He sang really well, luckily. A lot of people dressed much better than me showed up to hang out.

I rate this hotel the best I've stayed in New Mexico. I'd stay here at any time. Oh yes, they also have a "green" policy, which is really cool too. The only bad thing I have to say is that I could not find any complimentary coffee in the morning and I am a coffee addict. They did have free lemonade.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear IMAdventures,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. I apologize that we neglected to advise we do offer complimentary coffee in the morning in our lobby from 5am-11am and have coffee makers for guest rooms upon request. We are glad to hear however, you had a great time and had the opportunity to visit and enjoy the hotel outlets, you never know who you will run into around here!
Thank you again for your time, we hope to see you back soon.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Upon arrival at the hotel we were greeted at the front door by the valet service who took care of parking the car. The check-in is taken care of in an office off the lobby which allows you to sit down and check in. We had heard that there was not coffee in the room and when we inquired they offered to bring a coffee maker to the room. After checking in the person who checked us in walked us to the elevator and pointed out some of the items in the lobby.

The room was excellent... It's the little things that catch your attention such as; double sinks outside the shower area, easily accessible plugs on the desk; bathrobes; dressing area with drawers and lots of hanging space; a phone by the bedside and a cordless phone on the desk; a round settee at the end of the bed for sitting; sofa and chair;

They delivered the coffee maker as promised. The rooftop lounge was quite nice for a before dinner cocktail and an after dinner nightcap.

The only complaint was that the noise from the rooftop lounge woke us. I advise staying away from the NE corner of the hotel. We also left our in room breakfast request on the door and when it didn't arrive at the requested time I checked and found the request still on the door.

All in all a very nice hotel in the middle of everything in downtown Albuquerque.

Room Tip: Stay away from the NE corner as the rooftop lounge can get noisy at night.
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Marc L,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit and had the opportunity to take advantage of all the amenities the hotel has to offer. I do however, apologize for the snags in your visit as this is not indicative of our usual high standards of service. Please feel free to contact me at 505.242.9090 or if email is more convenient, msanchez@hotelandaluz.com for any future stays with us. It will be my pleasure to assist and ensure your next visit is pleasurable. Thank you again for your time, we hope to see you back soon!

Assistant Hotel Manager

Been to Hotel Andaluz? Share your experiences!