“sadly not worth the money” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Andaluz

Save Saved
You added Hotel Andaluz to your Saves list
Hotel Andaluz
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   125 Second Street North-West, Albuquerque, NM 87102 (Formerly Posada) (Albuquerque Original Townsite)   |
Ranked #5 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“sadly not worth the money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Spent one night here recently and was looking forward to the stay, as their website is glossy and professional. Sadly, however, the experience there was not. From having to ask for silverware in their restaurant Lucia at lunch to the valet's luggage cart rolling off the curb and falling over, spilling my luggage on the ground (thank goodness it didn't hit anyone, or my car!) to the faulty electrical system in my room, which kept going off and on all night long (I know because my phone was plugged in by my bed, and I had to move it to get back to sleep) AND affected the main lights in the bathroom, (which I only got to work twice) it all added up to an unpleasant experience. AND, I was told their policy is to lock in an additional $50 on your bill to cover "extra amenities" for a good 24 hours after you check out. All in all, not worth the money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear ssplatt,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I do have recorded that your electrical concerns were brought to our attention upon your departure, however I only wish this information was shared with our team during your visit as I am confident it would have been immediately corrected. I apologize our front office associates failed to mention there would be an additional hold of $50 for incidentals. An incidental hold is common practice for full service properties to ensure guests may sign to their room any incidental charges.
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further as we know you have many choices when staying in the ABQ area thus please feel free to contact me at 505.242.9090 or if email is more convenient msanchez@hotelandaluz.com
Thank you again for taking the time to review our property. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Assistant Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Minot, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Valet was quick, check-in/out at reception was relaxed and efficient,and the lobby is, if anything, more impressive than the pictures posted. The hotel is makes an effort to be "Green" which is always nice. Our room was a corner room, it was well furnished and clean. We decided to do room service and all the food was super-excellent. My husband and I had drinks at the bar and service was great and the servers/bartenders were personable and seemed on top of things. The hotel is located right near Central, basically you step out the door and go around the corner and you're there. There's the Amtrak station, movie theater, awesome music venues, and tons of places to eat. We were really pleased with our stay and are planing to stay here again next time we're in town.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear SavvyTraveler11,
Thank you for your kind review! We are thrilled to hear you not only had the opportunity to enjoy the hotel but our historic downtown area as well. There is definitely something for everyone. We are also happy to hear that our staff was able to make your visit that much more memorable.
We are looking forward to your next visit!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Hotel Andaluz is a lovely and inviting oasis in the center of Downtown. The lobby is warm and inviting with a live fish pond and special seating areas for small groups. The rooms are beautifully decorated and spacious. The bedding is top quality and very comfortable. There are many amenities that you don't see often these days. The staff were all kind and knowledgable.

Room Tip: Rooms away from main streets will be more quiet at night. Ear plugs are in the room in case you need...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear BCM475,
Thank you for your review. We enjoy hearing about our guests experiences and are glad to hear you were able to enjoy even the smallest, but very important details.
We hope to see you back soon!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Beautiful hotel, helpful staff, easy valet parking. Stayed two nights here recently and really enjoyed it. Love the room design, and that it came with a fridge which was very handy. You can ask for a coffeemaker for your room, and there's also free coffee in the lobby each morning. Only wish we had more time to hang out in the lobby. If you like historic hotels, stay here.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor and while there was a bit of noise from the street, nothing that caused u...
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Urbankmo,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit hopefully next time we will see you in our lobby for happy hour and live entertainment!
See you soon!

El Paso, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have two small dogs that travel with me everywhere because they are special needs. My teacup chihuahua weighs 3 pounds but she is 16 years old and requires daily medication. My other dog is a chihuahua pug mix and weighs 8 pounds. She also requires daily medication for liver problems. For a hotel that considers themselves "pet friendly" I found the pet accommodations to be lacking and a pet fee of $50 per dog to be ridiculous. I could have stayed at La Quinta with no pet fee at this cost. The woman thought she was doing me a favor and only charged me one fee when I checked in. However, after surprising me with the fee per pet, she insulted me by saying she would only charge me for one since I was unaware of the fee. I am a soldier in the United States Army and work hard for my money but that does not mean I do not have money saved for a splurged vacation with my husband and pets. I find it absurd that you charge a fee to begin with and will consider staying elsewhere in my future visits to Albuquerque.

Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear sasgrossman,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel Andaluz on Trip Advisor and very much appreciate your feedback. I want to personally apologize for the miscommunication about the Hotel's standard pet fee but remain confused about the lack of awareness as the Andaluz' website lists this information for our guests and I have included a link for your review - http://www.hotelandaluz.com/rooms/pet-friendly/.

We know you have many choices when visiting the Albuquerque area and we pride ourselves in being the best property in town - in particular for pets. As a gesture of goodwill, I would like to personally invite your family and pets back with us in the future for a complimentary upgrade and we will waive the pet fees for that future visit. I look forward to personally handling your reservations and hope to have the opportunity to meet you in person when you return to the area.

Ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Beautiful old hotel recently redone magnificently. The rooms extremely comfortable and very modern. The cabanas in the lobby are a great place to relax with friends over a drink and tapas. Also very reasonably priced.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear missct,
Thank you for your kind review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. The lobby and the casbah's are definitely a great little hide-a-way, we are glad you had the opportunity to enjoy them. Hope to see you back soon!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My wife and I decided to spend our 5-year anniversary at the Hotel Andaluz and could not have been more pleased with the experience. Upon checking into our hotel room, there was champaign and chocolate covered strawberries with a note congratulating us on our anniversary. We also received a complimentary upgrade to a slightly better room. My wife and I travel frequently and have visited many upscale hotels/resorts. The Hotel Andaluz ranks among the best when it comes to customer service and room quality. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We recommend the King Suite. They include a great walk-in shower and a soaker tub.
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Vincent T,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are honored that you chose to stay with us for such an important occasion. We are happy to hear our staff was able to make an already special event even more special for you both!
We hope to see you back soon.

Congratulations!
Assistant Hotel Manager

Been to Hotel Andaluz? Share your experiences!