“Beautiful hotel and outstanding service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Andaluz

Save Saved
You added Hotel Andaluz to your Saves list
Hotel Andaluz
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   125 Second Street North-West, Albuquerque, NM 87102 (Formerly Posada) (Albuquerque Original Townsite)   |
Ranked #7 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Beautiful hotel and outstanding service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Needless to say, Hotel Andaluz is beautifully unique and inviting. What has made my stay so outstanding, though, is the service. My experience with Pamela at reception has restored my faith in the concept of customer service. She exceeded my expectations and impressed me with her outstanding customer service skills and good attitude.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear MSS222,
Thank you for your kind review. We are thrilled to hear your interaction with Pamela was a memorable experience. We strive to create memorable experiences for all our guests and comments like yours make it all worthwhile. We hope to see you back soon!

681 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

On a recent first-time business trip to Albuquerque, I needed to choose a hotel downtown within walking distance to my business meetings. There were a few to choose from - all equal distance to my destination, so quantity wasn't an issue. It was quality that I was seeking.

As an avid reader of TripAdvisor, I looked up each hotel to read what guests were saying about the my 3 possible choices. What struck me about the Hotel Andaluz wasn't just the many positive comments about hotel guest experiences, but was that hotel management took the time to acknowledge each and every comment - positive and not so positive. That kind of guest experience focus makes all the difference in my mind so Hotel Andaluz it was!

The staff greeted me warmly. My room wasn't quite ready so I took the time to explore downtown and really fell in love with the funky area. I did not experience a great deal of homeless or panhandlers as others have posted. In fact, Central Ave, just 1 block from the hotel, boasts many restaurants, shops and bars in what I would characterize as a safe, easy walk.

The lobby and common areas of the hotel are stunningly beautiful, peaceful and well maintained. The food was fantastic. The Ibiza bar was a nice space, particularly the outdoor area with the fire feature.

My room was unbelievably beautiful with a spectacular view of the mountains. The housekeeping team did a wonderful job keeping things neat and tidy.

As a guest staying for over a week, there was never a time where I wasn't 100% satisfied with the people and the property.

Sure there are plenty of choices for a downtown stay, but if it's quality you seek, choose the Hotel Andaluz.

Well done, Hotel Andaluz! I will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Mark F,
Thank you for your kind review. It was our pleasure having you as a guest and we only hope to see you more often! Thank you again, see you soon!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

From the gracious check-in to the lobby "casbahs" to the good food in the restaurant — this hotel offers an out-of-the-ordinary experience in an historic setting. My organization hosted a conference here, and we received high marks for our choice of the Andaluz. The staff were all pleasant, accommodating and helpful — even with some of my extra requests (like a humidifier). The lobby is a gem, and really achieves that 'living room' ideal so many hotels are seeking. Tip: you can reserve the little alcoves (called "casbahs") for more private chats over drinks. I'd stay here again in a second!

Room Tip: The hotel offers a really mixed bag — let them know if you'd like elbow room, as some rooms are...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear holdthatplane,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are thrilled to hear you and your conference attendees all enjoyed your visit! We hope to have you back soon. Thank you again.

Byron Center, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed at this hotel previously and enjoy the boutique feel of this hotel. Staff is friendly and accommodating. Some of the rooms are quite small but the large ones with the double sinks are fantastic! The restaurant has a delicious menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

• Stayed January 2013
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear mrsadiaz,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your patronage! We are so glad to hear your visits with us have been filled with positive experiences and interactions. We look forward to your next visit!
Thank you again.

San Bernardino, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This was an excellent experience for me and my wife. The historic nature of the hotel was combined with fun elements, great music and the kindest of staff - I must disagree with the previous posting as we found this hotel better than most 5 Star hotels we have stayed in in Chicago and New York at a fraction of the cost.

We will return!

Room Tip: Spa and pool are across the street complimentary at NM Sports and Wellness
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Kev M,
Thank you for your kind review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your visit and are looking forward to your return!
Thank you again, we truly appreciate hearing about our guest's experiences.

Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked a room at the Hotel Andaluz, looking forward to spending our last night together before three months apart.(my boyfriend is from England, not a local) We both smoke and really appreciated that Adaluz had a rooftop bar we could smoke on. When we arrived the receptionist was helping another patron, normally no problem. We were not acknowledged for 15 minutes, the patron had well been checked in to her room and they were just chit chatting....but we had not received eye contact or a hello. When she finally did acknowledge us, we asked for their BEST queen room and asked about the bar hours. She informed us that the bar was only open in the winter Thurs-Sat. We were there on a Wednesday. Not only did she not suggest another place for us to go, she wasn't apologetic. She acted smug. Like too bad for you.
The next insult came when we got to our room. Our premium room,(300$ per night), had a stain on the comforter and the room was located next to the elevator and appeared to be a handicap room----not a problem, but not what we needed/asked for. All night long we could hear every conversation and every person that came up and down the elevator. NEXT: We were determined to have a great evening despite the rudeness we experienced in the lobby. We brought a great bottle of wine and went downstairs to ask for a bottle opener, the receptionist sighed heavily and said, I guess I can look for one. Then my boyfriend asked if the hotel provide a shuttle to town as we would like to get a bite to eat. She scoffed saying, no we don't have a shuttle but YOU can call a taxi.
We made the best of the night taxi and all...when we got our car in the morning from the valet it was frigid and not running.
We are not high class folk. We like to be treated well and do the same for others. We were truly shocked by the horrific "treatment" we received. We would not return here if the room was free.

Room Tip: get a room at Hotel Parq Central
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
andaluzmgmt, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for the opportunity to respond to your post about the Hotel Andaluz. We are confused about your comments however as the hotel does not have a room rate at or above $300 per night during this period? We have researched our management logs and do not have any information of such concerns being brought to our attention during your visit and only wish we had the chance to address your feedback in real time. I am confident we would have swiftly addressed your comments. We would welcome speaking with you further to fully understand this information as it is not indicative of the Andaluz focus on exceptional service to our guests each and every time .

I can be reached at 505-923-9050 or msanchez@hotelandaluz.com.

Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful hotel!! The room was spacious, clean and the bed so comfortable that I actually slept better here than at home!! The valet service was awesome as well. The hotel was centrally located downtown. The check in/check out process was smooth.

• Stayed January 2013
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear tentmaker,
Thank you for your kind review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your visit! We hope to see you back real soon.

Assistant Hotel Manager

Been to Hotel Andaluz? Share your experiences!