“Motel's Bad Service Outweighes Its Good Location & Decent Room Conditions” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Imperial Inn Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Albuquerque
Imperial Inn Motel
701 Central Ave. North-East, Albuquerque, NM 87101 (Huning Highland Historic District)   |
Ranked #125 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Motel's Bad Service Outweighes Its Good Location & Decent Room Conditions”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

This motel is located about 7 block west of downtown Albuquerque. It's also located close to the historic Martinez Town neighborhood and the University of New Mexico.

That being said, this motel sucks because the hotel staff are rude and unprofessional. The maids are the worst. They think they can barge in whenever they want to to clean or exchange towels without your permission. (That would be okay if they did a good job cleaning your room. But, they don't do such a good job and that only makes their attitude worse.)

Moreover, the front desk staff are mean. Some have such crappy attitudes that you feel afraid to ask for help. Others don't speak enough English to understand your requests. As a result, you'd think Manuel and Basil Fawlty from 'Fawlty Towers" was running this place.

As a result, if I were you, I'd look elsewhere for accommodations near Downtown Albuquerque.

Room Tip: Upstairs floors on the west side of the property have good air conditioners, decent showers, micro f...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011 via mobile

Arrived in ABQ @ midnight, needed a place to stay believe it or not Imperial was recommended. Arrived at the motel checked in for $40. Right of the bat, the night clerk was unprofessional and catty. As soon as we stepped into the room it was stifling hot! Turned on the cooler, in the beginning it blew cold air. As hot as the room was the cooler was not making the slightest difference. Continued to let the cooler run for 40 minutes before calling the clerk, he accused me of blasting the cooler and "freezing up the freon"!! Had to pull the bed right up to the cooler vent to get any relief from the heat. Finally fell asleep 3 hours after we checked in. Another minus they charge $1 for their sample size shampoo, and hygiene items. By far the worst motel I have ever slept in, and it will most certainly be the last time I ever check in at their establishment.

• Stayed July 2011
USA Traveler
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

I arrived in Albuquerque late on a weeknight and was just looking for a room to sleep in, grab a shower - and then be on my way.

No such luck here.

Do _not_ waste your time trying to save a few dollars by staying at this hotel. I can not speak about any of the other hotels in the immediate area, however, I can say this with certainty.

The room I stayed in (or one of the neighboring rooms) had been used as either a meth party room, or as an actual meth lab at some point in the past and had not been properly ventilated or however this type of thing gets cleaned.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

This place is near a few other hotels and is the cheapest of them. The young man who took us in was very nice but the rest of the workers were not. I'm not even sure if they spoke English because they never smiled nor said a word to me even as I was checking out.

I refused to walk on the carpet in this place. What can I say? It was just gross. The wi-fi worked fine and I managed to sleep even when some form of fight broke out in the room above us. The street people wandering about the parking lot at all hours asked us for "rolling papers." We were too disturbed to hang out by the pool. You have to pay for ice.

The good news is that the motel is not too far from The Frontier Restaurant nor downtown areas, which is THE only reason to recommend this place to anyone. If you just plan on sleeping and brought flip-flops to wear around your room, you are good to go. Total after tax for 4 of us was $55 so I wasn't too upset.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

My wife and I stayed off and on at this hotel for one month. Except for Thomas the night shift clerk, the actual owners were the rudest people I have ever met. First of all, the price changed everday. The sign reads 21.99, but when you enter the lobby, the price quoted depends on who is working. If you say anthing they don't like, the price goes up, like the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld - No room for you!!! We stayed in several rooms, each worse than the last; moldy bathrooms, rusted tubs and showers, exhaust fans that sounded like helicopters, a mentally challenged permanent resident banged on the wall and screamed "I want my way!" til 4 in the morning. TV remotes did not always work... shall I go on? Or have you had enough? Do not stay unless sleeping on the street is your only other option. Otherwise, I suggest the Albuquerque Rescue Mission. At least that dirt dump is free.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Las Cruces
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2008

When we checked in everything seemed fine. A couple hours passed by and we relized our aircon didnt work so the managment came up to the room and told us the dials could be backwards. This still didnt work, while waiting for the managment we noticed that there was blood on the bathroom wall, and inside the droors people had taged with spray paint. It was a stencil of James Brown. Around 1:30 am in the morning they finally gave us a new room. The next room was fine except the fan in the bathroom was so loud and sounded like it was going to fall out of the ceiling that we had to disconnect it. The next day the maids went through our luggage and stold a gas card. and some other personal items. They didnt even try to cover it up. They just left it like they ripped through our room. So in Short DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. you will be scared to sleep at night.

• Liked — There was nothing to like
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lawrence Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2008

i cant believe anyone would recommend this dump. for the love of god stay away! where should i start, the leaky toilet, broken shower, broken air conditioner, terrible neighborhood...blech, stay away!

• Liked — when it was time to leave
  • Disliked — broken sink, toilet and shower
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Imperial Inn Motel? Share your experiences!