“Convention Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Cambridge
“Convention Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

If you have a choice stay at the Andaluz, which is right around the corner. The Hyatt is a convention hotel with very drab rooms. The service was good, but this hotel is nothing special. The pool is small and shaded, not a place I would want to hang out in. The mattresses were very soft and they used a top sheet for the bottom sheet, so it kept sliding around. The pillows were foam and hard.

Room Tip: There aren't any special ones.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, Excellence Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, September 7, 2014
Dear Andrea S:

Thank you for leaving a review. I understand this takes a great deal of time and value your feedback! I'm also disappointed to read that you did not enjoy a positive stay.

We're working on our upgrades and appreciate your comments. We hope you'll come back and stay with us again the next time you're in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Fincastle, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Disappointing from the moment I called from the airport about a shuttle to the motel and was told they did not provide that service to the attempts at getting the AC in my room to work.

The rooms were large, clean and beds comfortable noise from the outside was minimal. In room amenities were about what would be expected, and I guess the complementary toothpaste was different. The staff I did interact with were friendly, and attempted to be helpful when they could.
The common areas were all clean and well maintained.

If this were a hotel on the edge of town charging $100 per night some of the problems would be a little more expected. But in this type of property, not at all. Service should be top notch at all times.
I would not stay here in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, Excellence Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, September 13, 2014
Dear Bill P:

I am disheartened to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We invite you back to see our changes. What you may have experienced is definitely not indicative of Hyatt.

Thank you for your valuable feedback!
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I stayed one night at the Hyatt. It was centrally located and within walking distance to my meeting.

The staff is trying "extra hard" to be a good property. This is a good thing. My interactions with the staff were warm but a bit stiff. There were a few times that I was waiting around. However for the most part there were good interactions.

The amenities of the hotel are what you would expect. The restaurant Forque (get it) is a typical hotel restaurant. There is a starbucks in the lobby.

The rooms were a bit larger than normal. There were good views from my room. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom larger than normal. All good points.

Overall the hotel was clean and pretty well kept. If I had business in downtown Albuquerque I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Dear JCollura:

Thank you for providing feedback regarding you experience with us and we appreciate your comments. It appears that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you'll come back again the next time you're in town.
Lambertville, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Actually, that's not fair to the Holiday Inn. I take that back. When did Hyatts dumb down their brand so drastically? My husband and i travel frequently and stay at all sorts of hotels and I can tell you from our experience this weekend, as well as other stories gathered from our colleagues, this was far and away the worst stay ever.

1) My husband had a single box shipped to the hotel. He was charged $10 to receive it. That has never happened before.
2) The room, a "business floor" upgrade, was grim and absolutely devoid of any amenities: no make-up mirror, no bath mats most of the time, two wafer-thin soaps that weren't replenished, thin and worn towels (which were washed every day, in this water-starved desert). Of course, no robes, cotton balls, sewing kits. Maybe i'm just spoiled.
3) But here's the kicker: I ordered my Saturday morning breakfast by phone on Friday at 9:00PM, as did one of my associates in another room, and was confirmed a delivery of 6:15AM. By 6:20, no b'fast, so i called the room service. Gregorio announced that, not only was my breakfast not ready, but that they were busy with a large group (ours) and that he couldn't bring it in until 7:00 (too late for me, i had to go to work). When i replied that i had ordered the day before and should therefore be first on the wheel, he didn't give me an explanation. I hung up and called the main hotel number to speak to the manager on duty. I was told that they wouldn't be in until 7:00. When i asked who was on duty AT THE MOMENT, I was told, and i quote, "No one."
My associate got a call to let her know that her breakfast would not be showing up.
4) Friends gripes: sheets left from previous guest; no hot water for afternoon shower; 10-min wait for elevator.

If you can stay at the Andaluz, that might be a much better use of your money.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
HI SuzanneP78:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent experience with us. I know this takes a great deal of time and we value your feedback! I'm also disappointed to read that your stay was less than positive. As a convention services hotel, we do charge a $10 delivery fee and apologize that you were unaware of this.

In addition, we've enhanced our in-room dining situation and your comments have been used in an effort to better our in-room dining experience for future guests.

In order to ensure an "Excellent" stay, complimentary amenities (to include robes, cotton balls and a host of many other items) are also available at the Front Desk and we can have someone bring it right to your room.

We hope you'll come back and stay with us again the next time you're in town to our improvements.
Gold Canyon, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel a few years ago, and enjoyed it. After reviewing some of the reviews, we were concerned…..needlessly I might add. We had a nice stay, and got a great deal.

Breanna at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. She gave us a view room on the 10th floor. It was clean, had an updated flat screen TV, comfy hyatt bed, the bathroom was spotless and had all the bath products.

After lugging up a case of water we realized that the room didn’t have a refrigerator. We called Breanna, she had one delivered within minutes. Thank you Breanna. PS, there wasn’t an in room safe for all the gadgets. However, they do have them at the front desk for your use.

Wifi is available and free for Hyatt platinum level, otherwise there is a fee. Also, Breanna advised us that since they didn’t have the regency club, that coffees at Starbucks is on them. Each day, we enjoyed two large Starbucks coffees on the hotel. That was nice.

What we really like about this hotel’s location, is that Central Avenue (Route 66) is a block away. Every type of restaurant is right there within walking distance.

The cleaning staff kept our room and bath spotlessly clean and well stocked with bath products during our stay. We didn’t have any of the problems other reviewers mentioned and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: The AAA bed and breakfast price, was a great deal. The breakfasts were really good.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
DEMETRIS A, Excellence Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear AZcartrip:

Thank you for recognizing Breanna's Excellent customer service at check-in. We are excited to read that you had a very positive stay and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. Thanks for reviewing us.
Temple, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Wasn't sure what to expect as it was our first trip to Albuquerque. I would recommend the Hyatt Regency for anyone needing to stay downtown. Our room was very cool during the day, but seemed to warm during the night. Staff was very friendly. Elevator was very fast but nice as well. Facility was great for the conference.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear aggieobr:

Thank you for staying with us and recognizing our friendly staff. Seems like overall, you have a great visit with us. Please let us know when your back this way so that we can welcome you.
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

We stated here overnight one evening while on the way from Phoenix to Denver. Good hotel for the money. Walking distance to downtown eats and drinks. Very pleasant staff with convienant and secure parking in the building. Didn't eat at hotel. Rooms could stand some freshening and remodel soon. Would stay again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul R:

We believe that we have a "Nice downtown hotel" too and appreciate you providing your feedback regarding your stay. We will be undergoing a rejuventating makeover and look forward to seeing you soon.

Been to Hyatt Regency Albuquerque? Share your experiences!