“Nice downtown hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Nice downtown hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

We stated here overnight one evening while on the way from Phoenix to Denver. Good hotel for the money. Walking distance to downtown eats and drinks. Very pleasant staff with convienant and secure parking in the building. Didn't eat at hotel. Rooms could stand some freshening and remodel soon. Would stay again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
DEMETRIS A, Excellence Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear Paul R:

We believe that we have a "Nice downtown hotel" too and appreciate you providing your feedback regarding your stay. We will be undergoing a rejuventating makeover and look forward to seeing you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is where we like to spend our anniversaries. Although the rooms are a bit run down and need updating you cannot beat the beautiful views and relaxing atmosphere. I recommend a room facing the mountains. With this view it's easy to forget you're in a large resort. It is very peaceful. In the evenings it is great to sit on the balcony area outside the bar and relax and have drinks. They have tiki torches and fire pits that add to the atmosphere.

As I mentioned earlier the rooms are a bit run down though. Carpeting throughout the hotel is old and dirty. The bathroom in our room smelled of mildew and the fan in it did not work.

Overall the peaceful atmosphere outweighs the need for some serious updating. I would recommend this hotel for anybody who needs some relaxation in their life.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jaymarti:

So glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you back! Thank you for your wonderful comments. See you soon!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

First time guest and I could be more pleased. Not sure why this hotel is rated so low?! If there are 51 hotels better than the Hyatt in Albuquerque I'd like to know where they are---if for no other reason than I can't imagine there are even 52 hotels in Albuquerque!! For me, ultra-friendly check-in experience, large well appointed room for a very reasonable rate of $135, fine meal at hotel restaurant "Forque"---I don't get all the gripes because for me, and I travel A LOT, I wish all the hotels I visit were as exemplary as the Albuquerque Hyatt!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear mikeinscca:

Wow! Thank you for the exciting remarks regarding your first time visit with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Centreville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Overall our stay was excellent. The rooms were clean and quiet. if arriving late you may want to stop and eat somewhere because the one restaurant closes at 10:00 pm and room service is only until midnight. The valet staff were very friendly and helpful. I really think when you book your room they should include parking or at the very least mention the cost prior to booking.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear 303Seth:

First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent experience with us. I'm sorry to hear that you were unaware of the $16 Self and $20 Valet parking charges. We have attempted to ensure that all websites list the prices, but may have perhaps, missed a listing.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we look forward to having you back as our guest.
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I thought this was an excellent place to stay in Albuquerque, very accessible once you kind of figure out the downtown area. I was a little nervous after reading all the reviews ripping this place apart, but experienced no issues. Of course, staying in a place as nice as this is a treat for us - usually it's La Quinta or the like. We had no issues from check-in to check-out. We stayed on the 17th floor and for the most part it was very quiet. The room was well-maintained and modern. The bed was comfy. The water pressure in the shower was fine. Parking is $16 a day for self-parking but it wasn't a hassle at all if you pay for it at check-in. The pool was warm and well-maintained. We're pretty low maintenance but the staff was very professional in the interactions we did have with them. Breanna checked us in and she was excellent. We kind of wished there was some free wi-fi but having a break from the internet wasn't the end of the world. There was some construction going on around the building but it wasn't bothersome. A great place to grab some breakfast is the Roma Bakery & Deli near the elevators - delicious breakfast burritos.

Room Tip: We chose a high-floor room, on the pool side. I don't know how it compares with any of the other...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear 303Seth:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and providing positive remarks. We consider all feedback from our guests to be veryy important and valuable and strive to ensure all our guests expectations are not only met but exceeded. Let us know when you are back!
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Not ussally a fan a big name hotel chains, but decided to stay here on a quick trip to Albuquerque. The location is great in downtown with excellent access to public transport. Standard big-name chain hotel. Everything is pretty good - if a little old in the rooms. The Starbucks in the lobby is great. Stayed on a higher floor with nice views also.

One thing that really made this an enjoyable stay was the staff though. From the front desk staff to the restaurant and bar staff they were all very friendly - and made the stay a fun one! The bar especially is pretty busy at night , and although I was staying by myself there I always had a good time with plenty of others there. Vicky in the bar was awesome - so funny and helpful - a real gem!

A couple of things that could make this a better place - minibar, and some free bottled water. $5 for the bottle in the room is a bit steep - athough there is a convenience store close by if you want anything.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Kerry O.

We appreciate knowing that our front desk staff to the restaurant/bar staff were all very friendly - and made your stay fun. Thank you for recognizing Vicky in the bar, too. She is quite awesome!

Thank you for providing your valuable feedback regarding your stay and we hope to see you soon.
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

APOLOGIES: My stay was almost a month ago and my Trip Advisor research a bit before that. Sorry for not being more prompt in posting.

WHY DID I STAY HERE? I needed a downtown hotel and looked at four alternatives, The Blue, Andaluz, Hyatt Regency and Doubletree. I eliminated The Blue because of adverse Trip Advisor reviews. My top preference was Andaluz because it's an historic hotel and had the best location for me; I eliminated Andaluz because the rate was significantly higher than the alternatives. So it came down to Hyatt and Doubletree. The Hyatt rate was good and the location slightly more convenient. I was concerned with Trip Advisor complaints re poor shower water pressure on the upper floors. But I decided to gamble. My room was on a high floor and the shower pressure was great.

THE HOTEL: The Hyatt is located across from the convention center. It's an "older newer" hotel with rooms showing age, hence my title, Middle-Aged Lady (no offense intended). There are several shops in the lobby including a Starbucks and a giftshop/newsstand. The elevator service was fabulous; instant service on demand. The staff is mostly friendly, particularly the man at my afternoon check-in.

THE ROOM: The furniture has seen better days. The desk is a table in reality and not in good shape with noticeable wear. The night stand drawer was out of alignment and didn't have a flush close. The bathroom plumbing and décor are aging and due for updating. But the shower head water pressure was great and my aforementioned concern was not warranted.

Even though I stayed but one night and was due for check-out, why does housekeeping knock at my door at 8:23 AM when they should know I will be checking out?

THE RESTAURANT: I ate both dinner and breakfast in the hotel's restaurant. DINNER: I thought the entrée prices were on the expensive side. I opted for a $17 steak salad. Good choice. The price was fair; the steak portion generous and cooked to perfection. There were also some reasonably-priced wine options. BREAKFAST: I had a great made-to-order omelet. As a side, I substituted a fruit cup that was excellent with a generous array of various fruits.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear ChicagoKen60657:

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are so delighted you had a great stay and appreciate your positive remarks and ratings. We hope you have the opportunity to return to our property in the near future to see our rejuvenating changes.

Been to Hyatt Regency Albuquerque? Share your experiences!