“Overall excellent stay but not the $20 a day parking. Should be included in your stay.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Albuquerque

Explore Package
Ranked #52 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Centreville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Overall our stay was excellent. The rooms were clean and quiet. if arriving late you may want to stop and eat somewhere because the one restaurant closes at 10:00 pm and room service is only until midnight. The valet staff were very friendly and helpful. I really think when you book your room they should include parking or at the very least mention the cost prior to booking.

• Stayed July 2014
DEMETRIS A, Excellence Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Dear 303Seth:

First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent experience with us. I'm sorry to hear that you were unaware of the $16 Self and $20 Valet parking charges. We have attempted to ensure that all websites list the prices, but may have perhaps, missed a listing.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we look forward to having you back as our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I thought this was an excellent place to stay in Albuquerque, very accessible once you kind of figure out the downtown area. I was a little nervous after reading all the reviews ripping this place apart, but experienced no issues. Of course, staying in a place as nice as this is a treat for us - usually it's La Quinta or the like. We had no issues from check-in to check-out. We stayed on the 17th floor and for the most part it was very quiet. The room was well-maintained and modern. The bed was comfy. The water pressure in the shower was fine. Parking is $16 a day for self-parking but it wasn't a hassle at all if you pay for it at check-in. The pool was warm and well-maintained. We're pretty low maintenance but the staff was very professional in the interactions we did have with them. Breanna checked us in and she was excellent. We kind of wished there was some free wi-fi but having a break from the internet wasn't the end of the world. There was some construction going on around the building but it wasn't bothersome. A great place to grab some breakfast is the Roma Bakery & Deli near the elevators - delicious breakfast burritos.

Room Tip: We chose a high-floor room, on the pool side. I don't know how it compares with any of the other...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear 303Seth:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and providing positive remarks. We consider all feedback from our guests to be veryy important and valuable and strive to ensure all our guests expectations are not only met but exceeded. Let us know when you are back!
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Not ussally a fan a big name hotel chains, but decided to stay here on a quick trip to Albuquerque. The location is great in downtown with excellent access to public transport. Standard big-name chain hotel. Everything is pretty good - if a little old in the rooms. The Starbucks in the lobby is great. Stayed on a higher floor with nice views also.

One thing that really made this an enjoyable stay was the staff though. From the front desk staff to the restaurant and bar staff they were all very friendly - and made the stay a fun one! The bar especially is pretty busy at night , and although I was staying by myself there I always had a good time with plenty of others there. Vicky in the bar was awesome - so funny and helpful - a real gem!

A couple of things that could make this a better place - minibar, and some free bottled water. $5 for the bottle in the room is a bit steep - athough there is a convenience store close by if you want anything.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Kerry O.

We appreciate knowing that our front desk staff to the restaurant/bar staff were all very friendly - and made your stay fun. Thank you for recognizing Vicky in the bar, too. She is quite awesome!

Thank you for providing your valuable feedback regarding your stay and we hope to see you soon.
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

APOLOGIES: My stay was almost a month ago and my Trip Advisor research a bit before that. Sorry for not being more prompt in posting.

WHY DID I STAY HERE? I needed a downtown hotel and looked at four alternatives, The Blue, Andaluz, Hyatt Regency and Doubletree. I eliminated The Blue because of adverse Trip Advisor reviews. My top preference was Andaluz because it's an historic hotel and had the best location for me; I eliminated Andaluz because the rate was significantly higher than the alternatives. So it came down to Hyatt and Doubletree. The Hyatt rate was good and the location slightly more convenient. I was concerned with Trip Advisor complaints re poor shower water pressure on the upper floors. But I decided to gamble. My room was on a high floor and the shower pressure was great.

THE HOTEL: The Hyatt is located across from the convention center. It's an "older newer" hotel with rooms showing age, hence my title, Middle-Aged Lady (no offense intended). There are several shops in the lobby including a Starbucks and a giftshop/newsstand. The elevator service was fabulous; instant service on demand. The staff is mostly friendly, particularly the man at my afternoon check-in.

THE ROOM: The furniture has seen better days. The desk is a table in reality and not in good shape with noticeable wear. The night stand drawer was out of alignment and didn't have a flush close. The bathroom plumbing and décor are aging and due for updating. But the shower head water pressure was great and my aforementioned concern was not warranted.

Even though I stayed but one night and was due for check-out, why does housekeeping knock at my door at 8:23 AM when they should know I will be checking out?

THE RESTAURANT: I ate both dinner and breakfast in the hotel's restaurant. DINNER: I thought the entrée prices were on the expensive side. I opted for a $17 steak salad. Good choice. The price was fair; the steak portion generous and cooked to perfection. There were also some reasonably-priced wine options. BREAKFAST: I had a great made-to-order omelet. As a side, I substituted a fruit cup that was excellent with a generous array of various fruits.

Dear ChicagoKen60657:

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are so delighted you had a great stay and appreciate your positive remarks and ratings. We hope you have the opportunity to return to our property in the near future to see our rejuvenating changes.
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We have gone to some functions at the Hyatt and opted to stay over night verses driving home. The hotel staff has never been great, but The last time we stayed was New Years Eve.
The hotel staff were checking everyone's things to be sure no had liquor. I think that's excessive ...they said it was a safety issue. ...I think it was a greed issue...forcing you to by a drink from them or drive and defeat the reaaon you stayed there in first place.

• Stayed December 2013
Patricia G:

Thank you for your feedback and I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your New Year's celebration. Please know that guest safety is a top priority at all times. We understand the importance of impeccable, professional service and invite you back to give us another opportunity. We'd love to have you back!
Roswell, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The Hyatt Regency is located in the downtown business district of Albuqueque, NM. The service at check in and check out was over the top! When we checked in, they were passing out free gormet cookies in the lobby. I recommend one of the panarama view rooms! The view is terrific! The bar and restaurant were not a disappointment either. The house wine was an upgrade from most, and the steak was cooked perfectly. Rooms clean and fresh!

Room Tip: Choose a "Panarama View" room.
Dear Herb A.:

We believe that we have the best associate team working in the industry! We appreciate your wonderful comments and look forward to seeing you again at the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque.

By the way, we change the cookies EVERYDAY, so come by to see what we serving!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

As a flight crew staying here, I became ill and notified my airline. My stay was extended and hotel notified. Immediately afterwards, I was offered transportation by hotel to nearest Urgent Care which I desperately needed. (I knew someone in ABQ and declined this offer) After my return and sleeping 6hrs, I called room service to see what my options were regarding food or liquids for my illness. Dorothy was fabulous! She knew what i needed and sent up Chicken broth, crackers, ginger ale and 3 bottles of water. I was dehydrated and needed fluids. She even called and checked on my condition. Also, prior to Urgent Care I called and asked for a universal charger which was delivered to my room while at Urgent Care and a fresh bucket of ice from housekeeping. Fabulous staff from front desk to room service to transportation. If every looking for a nice downtown hotel, this is my choice. Kudos to the HYATT in ABQ!!!

Room Tip: 1310 was my room and it was a corner room..great!
Dear spacewaitress01:

Your kind remarks about Dorothy and our entire team is what separates us from the others! We pride ourselves on ensuring that every guest is well taken care of, no matter the situation.

Please let us know whenever you are back and you know we will take care of you. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Been to Hyatt Regency Albuquerque? Share your experiences!