“Very nice staff and very clean.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Explore Package
Ranked #55 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Moab, Utah
“Very nice staff and very clean.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

The building is nice and the staff is great. Plenty of shops and little things to do in the area. House keeping came by at at 8:00am which was a bit annoying. Also having to pay for internet is kind of tacky. Overall good experience.

• Stayed December 2013
DEMETRIS A, Assistant Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Arlo T: Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We consider feedback from our guests extremely valuable and appreciate your remarks. We hope you have the opportunity to return to our property in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I travel a lot on business and in general I don't expect much from hotel restaurants or bars. Most of the time I prefer to find other nearby restaurants if I'm not too tired. On my recent trip through Albuquerque I was exhausted and just wanted to have a drink and a quick meal. I made it down to the Forque lounge, which was surprisingly busy. For a moment I thought I might look for something else, since the thought of slow service and mediocre food is never appealing, but in the next moment Mary Beth, the very friendly bartender, placed a napkin down in front of me and took my order. I tried the ginger and peach martini on her recommendation and it was one of the best martinis I've ever had, hands down. I had the green chile and jack burger, which was also excellent. The food and especially the service here were great and well worth the price. The decor is a blend of modern and southwestern that felt comfortable. The bed was very comfortable and the view from the room was great. My experience at the hotel was good overall, and the staff were all friendly and helpful. But even if you stay somewhere else in downtown Albuquerque, walk over to the Hyatt, try the bar and ask for one of Mary Beth's martinis.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, Assistant Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Markus G:

We don't want to be biased, but we believe that we have an Excellent bar staff, too! Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you back soon.
Rio Rancho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

We were stayed for a Christmas party that was held here. I wish I had read the reviews first. I will start with party and banquet. Our party was held downstairs and it felt like we were the service people being shuffled through the hallways behind the scenes. Very unattractive. The food was okay, however my husband, who has a food allergy was really accommodated. The manager or someone went and had him a meal made. This was above and beyond in our opinion. The cash bar was pricey. $6 for a beer, $14 for a mixed drink. Now onto the room check in was smooth. The desk girl moved our room at our request to be on the same room as someone else. When you think Hyatt, you think luxury. The room fell short. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom looked like a scene out of a 90's movie. Desperately in need of an update. You would think since their pool is outdoors it would be heated for year round use, our kids were sad to hear the pool was closed for Maintenance. In the rooms there is no channel guide, the bathroom had hair in the tub (which is a huge pet peeve of mine). Upon check out I asked about free valet and coffee. I was told they don't honor the Hyatt Gold free parking. They did give me the coffee at Starbucks. The Starbucks was lacking also. It's not a corporate chain so they can't honor any discounts you may have. They also don't have a scanner so if you pay using your phone app, you have to read the numbers off to the cashier. Last but not least the hotel has an egg/sewer smell. I notice nobody else mentioned it, but the smell is pungent. Overall I would attend and event, but I wouldn't stay again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and providing your feedback regarding your stay, smbreezee. We sincerely apologize that your stay was less than perfect. Your concerns regarding your entire stay from start to finish was reviewed by our management team and we thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Please let us know if you return to the area and we would be delighted to look after your stay and provide you with a memorable, Excellent stay.
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I was exhausted when I arrived at the hotel, I had just driven from Phoenix to Albuquerque and I did not plan well; it was dark and raining by the time I got to the hotel and my nerves were shot. I parked in the parking garage and embarrassingly I had to call and get directions as I appeared to be lost in the parking garage. The man was very nice though. The actual hotel was beautiful and I was impressed with it unfortunately the desk clerk did not know how to process my gift certificate, the night manager did not seem to either. I received the gift certificate from my job as a long time employee. They kindly offered that I could check into my room while they figured it out and I thought that was nice
The room was large and comfortable; the bed was heavenly. The food was delicious and the room service prompt. I did not think that I would get any sleep since I then had to drive to Colorado and was very nervous but exhaustion and comfortability set in and I slept through the night. The view was nice as nice as a view of Alburquerque can be. The Starbucks was convenient in the hotel and I visited the gift shop which was cute.
When I arrived in Salida, CO; I visited with family, I then discovered that my credit card had been charged for my stay, They took my gift certificate form of payment and then charged me again for my room. I called and was informed that it would be taken care of. I continued on with my trip and while I was in Grand Junction CO; I checked my account and to my shock was charged again. Not only did they take my certificate form of payment but was charged another 2 times on my credit card. I did not have enough money to continue on to Salt Lake City but had to drive 11 hours home to Phoenix. I called the hotel and they offered me 5000 Hyatt points and I said that it was not enough since 4 days of my trip was ruined and I could not get one stay out of those points. They offered me more points for 2 days, this was after I contacted people higher than the head of the Alburquerque hotel. I also wrote to the CEO who told me that he thought it was a fair settlement. I am sure the CEO of Hyatt does think it fair that I only received 2 days when 4 days of my trip were ruined. I am sure he can take a vacation when ever he wants and does not have to save and scrimp for one.
I realize that accidents happen but when they do please try to make right by the customer. Although nothing could give me back the 4 days of my trip knowing that the Hyatt respected my business enough would have been a kindness.
I am grateful for the 2 days that was given and next year will probably use them again since I will be again traveling to Colorado and Salt Lake City. Although I will probably stay in a Hyatt Place. I do want to leave on a positive the hotel staff was courteous; the food was delicious and the bed was comfortable. If everything had gone right with the check-in I would have defiantly given the hotel 5 stars.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Kristian N.

We value you as our guest and thank you for your comments via email and TripAdvisor. As discussed via email on September 23 prior to this posting, once again, our management team sincerely apologizes that your credit card was charged multiple times during what should have been a relaxing time for you. As with all guests, a credit card for incidentals is always requested. Unfortunately, when your credit card was swiped, your room charges were inadvertently routed to the incorrect method and not the gift certificate.

As compensation, we immediately issued 15,000 complimentary Gold Passport points where you could use them at another hotel of your choosing and also used your comments as a training opportunity so this would not occur again.

We are disappointed to read this review and would like the opportunity to welcome you back at our property. Safe travels!
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Hyatt Regency...REALLY ?
$18 a day for Parking, you have no choice, because there is no where to park.
Bottled water 5 bucks! They charge for room Internet !!
Had to go downstairs to get a roll of toilet paper and hangers after waiting 2 hours.
Seedy area around the hotel. No stores around the hotel. Wouldn't go outside anyway.
Food was good, but way too expensive.
Rooms were average with no refer in room.
Will not stay here again!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, Assistant Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
JImmy S:

Thank you for staying with us. The Albuquerque Plaza secured public parking facility is adjacent to our hotel and the Bank of Albuquerque tower. Unfortunately, we do not control the pricing for city parking and do apologize that you could not find any on street metered parking.

We would love to have you back as our guest. We appreciate your feedback. Wishing you well!
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed here about five weeks ago, and we were pleasantly surprised at the amenities in the room, the comfortable mattress on the bed and the price. The staff were very attentive always checked to see that we were happy with our room and the food. This is one hotel that is recommended highly all around.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
MonaClaremont_CA:

Thank you for staying with us and providing your wonderful compliments regarding our service! We look forward to having you back soon. -- Demetris
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The hotel is easily accessible to the interstate, located downtown- adjacent to the Convention Center. The service was top-notch, from the greeter at the door, front desk personnel, to the servers in their restaurant, which by the way served the best calamari I've ever had! If you are looking for a relaxing, upscale experience at a reasonable price then I highly recommend this hotel. BTW - they have a Starbucks in their lobby which was convenient & I saw a wedding party upstairs & peaked in the room - the setup was very elegant.

Room Tip: I was there for business & my associate booked the hospitality suite for our small meeting, Reco...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hi Peggy W:

We are very appreciative of the positive comments regarding our Excellent service, room and food and look forward to seeing you again! Thanks for taking the time to write your review.

Been to Hyatt Regency Albuquerque? Share your experiences!