We were in Albuquerque for the Balloon Fiesta. This property is located a reasonable distance away and right near 2nd Street which you can ride straight down to get to the Fiesta without getting on the highway which is jammed on Fiesta mornings. The downside of the location is that Central Avenue is a bit seedy with "gentlemans clubs" and biker bars galore. Everything else was out of business. We tried to walk to a decent restaurant for lunch and couldn't find anything but pizza. Forque, the lobby restaurant, was already closed. So be ready to drive to anything you want to see or do or eat.
The room was fine, beds good. There was no safe in the room, unheard of in this day and age. Also unacceptable is charging for internet. At a Hyatt Regency this should be included. Bottled water for $5? Are you kidding?
We had breakfast in the restaurant, Forque, and it was acceptable. Service was good and the food was hot. We did not eat from the buffet as there were alot of people in the room which tends to make me stay away, but the menu was plenty and we got decent value for the price.
Part of the focus seems to be the many shops in the lobby. A little more attention to guest value would be appreciated. I understand from staff that this property was recently purchased and will be upgraded. Some amenities would be useful.
We're going back to the Balloon Fiesta next year but will try another hotel. This wasn't worth the money I spent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a landmark hotel. Hyatt Regency Albuquerque is an urban oasis in the Land of Enchantment known for its high level of personal service, upscale amenities and ideal downtown location. Just 10 minutes from the Albuquerque International Sunport, the hotel is directly across from the Albuquerque Convention Center and a short walk to historic Route 66 with its many noted shops, art galleries and colorful avenues.Take the time to explore some of Albuquerque’s best dining options. Enjoy regionally inspired cuisine at Forque Kitchen and Bar or locally produced wine, micro-brewed beer and hand-crafted specialty cocktails at HQue Lounge.Immerse yourself in our rich cultural heritage and 310 days of sunshine a year and you will quickly understand why Albuquerque is the must visit destination of the Southwest. At Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, our renowned service, amenities and downtown location make us the ideal choice for business travelers, vacationers and conferences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Albuquerque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Albuquerque Hotel Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Albuquerque