We're members of Hyatt Vacation club, and platinum members with well over 150,000 points in the bank. We use Hyatt for business, we use them for leisure, and we have well over $20,000 invested in our Hyatt timeshare.
First, the good stuff.
Vanessa at the front desk. She is a gem. She made us feel special, welcome, and went out of her way to take care of us.
The attractive African American woman who was managing Friday evening also worked very hard to take care of us, and I appreciate her efforts.
The concierge... I believe here name was Mary Lou. She was terrific. Very knowledgeable, listened to our wants, and found places and events we never would have found on our own.
So then... The not so good stuff.
We checked into the regency late morning knowing that our room would likely not be ready. Left our luggage and took off to play. We were traveling for our anniversary so I requested a suite with a view.
We returned at 8:30 and the bellman took us to our suite. Turns out, there was a wedding reception taking place in the next suite. Lots of people yapping in the halls, lots of noise, and a piano player. Not happening. We called the manager who came to our room and acknowledged the absurdity of this situation. She took immediate action and bumped us up to the presidential suite which was unoccupied... or so we all thought.
So we get to the suite, we open the door and some sort of animal comes running towards us...
We close the door. The manager asks our patience while she goes inside to see why there is an animal in the room. She goes, we wait. A few minutes later she comes out of the room with an exasperated look on her face... she apologizes and says "you don't want to know".
Looks like we're not spending the night there. We head to the lobby while she checks for something that can salvage this comedy of errors. We end up in a very large suite on the second floor. Very large space, but rather plain. At this point the evening is shot and we're pretty whipped. We left early the next day.
We have to ask ourselves... what kind of hotel checks people in next door to a party. What kind of hotel has unscheduled guests in their presidential suite? As mentioned above, the hotel does have some very good employees... but this was ridiculous. They did comp us the stay, as they should, however we are at this point questioning our loyalty to the Hyatt brand. We have recently had enough questionable experiences that have us thinking of switching our alliance to Westin or Sheraton. It would be a shame, but they bring this on themselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a landmark hotel. Hyatt Regency Albuquerque is an urban oasis in the Land of Enchantment known for its high level of personal service, upscale amenities and ideal downtown location. Just 10 minutes from the Albuquerque International Sunport, the hotel is directly across from the Albuquerque Convention Center and a short walk to historic Route 66 with its many noted shops, art galleries and colorful avenues.Take the time to explore some of Albuquerque’s best dining options. Enjoy regionally inspired cuisine at Forque Kitchen and Bar or locally produced wine, micro-brewed beer and hand-crafted specialty cocktails at HQue Lounge.Immerse yourself in our rich cultural heritage and 310 days of sunshine a year and you will quickly understand why Albuquerque is the must visit destination of the Southwest. At Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, our renowned service, amenities and downtown location make us the ideal choice for business travelers, vacationers and conferences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Otel so you can book your Hyatt Regency Albuquerque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Albuquerque Hotel Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Albuquerque