“Bungled accomodations” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Sacramento, CA
“Bungled accomodations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We're members of Hyatt Vacation club, and platinum members with well over 150,000 points in the bank. We use Hyatt for business, we use them for leisure, and we have well over $20,000 invested in our Hyatt timeshare.
First, the good stuff.
Vanessa at the front desk. She is a gem. She made us feel special, welcome, and went out of her way to take care of us.
The attractive African American woman who was managing Friday evening also worked very hard to take care of us, and I appreciate her efforts.
The concierge... I believe here name was Mary Lou. She was terrific. Very knowledgeable, listened to our wants, and found places and events we never would have found on our own.
So then... The not so good stuff.
We checked into the regency late morning knowing that our room would likely not be ready. Left our luggage and took off to play. We were traveling for our anniversary so I requested a suite with a view.
We returned at 8:30 and the bellman took us to our suite. Turns out, there was a wedding reception taking place in the next suite. Lots of people yapping in the halls, lots of noise, and a piano player. Not happening. We called the manager who came to our room and acknowledged the absurdity of this situation. She took immediate action and bumped us up to the presidential suite which was unoccupied... or so we all thought.
So we get to the suite, we open the door and some sort of animal comes running towards us...
We close the door. The manager asks our patience while she goes inside to see why there is an animal in the room. She goes, we wait. A few minutes later she comes out of the room with an exasperated look on her face... she apologizes and says "you don't want to know".
Looks like we're not spending the night there. We head to the lobby while she checks for something that can salvage this comedy of errors. We end up in a very large suite on the second floor. Very large space, but rather plain. At this point the evening is shot and we're pretty whipped. We left early the next day.
We have to ask ourselves... what kind of hotel checks people in next door to a party. What kind of hotel has unscheduled guests in their presidential suite? As mentioned above, the hotel does have some very good employees... but this was ridiculous. They did comp us the stay, as they should, however we are at this point questioning our loyalty to the Hyatt brand. We have recently had enough questionable experiences that have us thinking of switching our alliance to Westin or Sheraton. It would be a shame, but they bring this on themselves.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
DEMETRIS A, Assistant Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear the swanguy: Thank you for staying with us and for mentioning our front desk staff (Vanessa)! Your feedback is very important and has been shared with the relevant departments, whose team members have taking steps to address and rectify the points you have brought up.

Our management team and associates sincerely apologize for the room issues you encountered during what should have been a special time for you. Your experience is not a rule in our hotel and we can assure you that it won't happen again.

In addition, the growling noise that was coming from the room was reviewed and we found this to be a squeaky door that has now been resolved.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to complete a review survey regarding your stay. Your feedback helps us to continuously improve and provide the high, Excellent standards you expect from Hyatt. We want to earn your loyalty. Please contact me whenever you are back in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Byron Center, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The drive in is preparation for the experience that awaits you. The mountain views are spectacular and the trails invite you into the best of nature. Take advantage of them! The food is wonderful and reflects the cultural beauty of the area.

• Stayed July 2013
DEMETRIS A, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear mrsadiaz:

Thank you so much for your review. We're glad you had an Excellent, memorable stay and look forward to your next visit.
Gainesville, v
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We have stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Albuquerque many times in the past. This time there is evidence that the hotel may be in decline. We didn't receive the number of towels ordered. When the toilet backed up it took 5 calls and over two hours to get a response. I intend to travel there again and hope the hotel returns to its old high standards.

Room Tip: Get high on the north side You can see balloons ascend in the morning. Especially important durin...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Seymour S:

We are happy to see that you will be returning to our hotel despite the housekeeping/engineering issues. We have taken on board the comments you have provided us with, whether positive or negative for further improvement of our services and facilities.

We sincerely appreciate you staying with us and giving us another try. I certainly hope that we will exceed your expectations during your next visit and show you our high Hyatt standards.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was very unsatisfied with this hotel, and the room they offered. The bed was uncomfortable and its bottom sheet kept popping off the mattress which I find to be unsanitary. I found a spot of blood on the pillow. They charge you for parking and internet. Not reasonable prices either. The option for internet is either 15 min or 24+ hours. Which of course the majority of the time you won't be there for even 12 hours, not including the 8 hours of your sleep. Once the morning came we had house cleaning knocking at 8am. For the price they charge there should be at least free parking. Will never do Hyatt again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear RaymondB26:

I certainly understand how valuable your time is and I greatly appreciate that you have taken the time to provide your feedback.

I am so sorry to hear about about the housekeeping issues you experienced. I assure
you that the hotel's management team has addressed these concerns and ensure that future guests do not experience the challenges that you have described.

We certainly want to see you again and invite you back to see our changes. I know you will love them! Please let me know when you are back in the area.
Farmington, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Professional, friendly service. Very nice rooms. Great for a "couple get-away" and right in the center of Downtown Albuquerque. I stayed for a weekend and had a wonderful stay. The staff was helpful and friendly. There are shuttles that will take you to the area casinos if you like. Ask the front desk, they will help you out with that. If you like the nightclub scene, there are places within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
DEMETRIS A, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Teetermarie: Thank you so much for the excellent review. I hope we are always able to exceed your expectations and be your choice hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Daytona Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Just over half way through a two week business trip to Albuquerque and I cannot say enough about the people who work at the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque. The level of professionalism is amazing. Everyday when headed to work and then when I return from a hard day. I am greeted by some of the most professional and yet sincere people I have met. They truly love their jobs. From the valet/bell/door staff always with a "welcome", to Gilbert who I am assuming is the Front Desk Manager excellent customer service, Demetris who is a lovely young lady who went out of her way to make not only my stay but others I whitnessed enjoyable , the housekeepers who cleaned my room effeciently and always with a smile and to the wait staff in the restaurant and lounge some excellent food and service. They all take their jobs seriously. I even met the General Manager on his first day of work at the hotel. In talking to the General Manager, Mark???? I understand that the hotel had just been sold to new owners. Now I do not know what the hotel was like before but the people who are working there now hit it out of the park for me. They truly made my stay away from my family as enjoyable as it could be. I will return if I am every back in the area.

Room Tip: It is a Hyatt every room is an excellent room!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Patricia M: Thank you so much for the excellent review of our hotel, staff and Forque Kitchen & Bar. We are thrilled you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
York, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Friendly and quick check in and check out. Short stay for one night on trip with my parents. Hotel was very comfortable, slept like a baby. Everything felt new and updated, valet was quick with the car.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much, forkrisf, for the excellent review. I hope we are always able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Been to Hyatt Regency Albuquerque? Share your experiences!