For as much as they charge, we expected complimentary wi-fi (nope), better housekeeping (had to hunt down for shampoo, then she only spoke Spanish), and we laughed upon seeing the bottle of Aquafina for "only" $5 (same bottle at 7/11: $1.79). Concierge has little info regarding restaurants in the area (directed us to a bar whose kitchen had closed an hour before) and while location is close to Convention Center, the abundance of homeless hoarded in the area made any excursion after dark unpleasant. Watching a guy urinate next to the parking garage we were instructed to use (which was not manned at night, btw) did not give any confidence in security or safety. We ended up escorting the women we were with to any location outside the hotel proper, including the parking garage, after they were harrassed and followed back to the hotel by several drunk homeless guys who screamed obscenities the whole time due to the refusal to give money or the tacos they were carrying (which was one of the few places to get food in the area, and which was $50+ for a dozen crappy tacos and sides, what?!). When we asked about this lack of information or notification of aggressive homeless people in the area, we got a shrug and a "everyone knows about it". Maybe locals do, but a hotel & it's staff cannot think that all guests in their hotel are locals! Albuquerque needs to work with shelters, the VA, something....dozens of drunk or high vagrants threatening us and even each other, public urination, all of this next to a "luxury" property we paid hundreds of dollars to stay in, on top of the same service & treatment I would expect from a Super 8 is laughable. No free wi-fi, no replacement on standard coffee (we were given more decaf?), staff that doesn't speak English or know what is available in the area AND that forgets to mention the swarm of homeless around their property? Step it up, Hyatt. Next time, I'll book at a cheaper hotel and use the savings to buy water, wi-fi and upgrade to a room with a fridge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a landmark hotel. Hyatt Regency Albuquerque is an urban oasis in the Land of Enchantment known for its high level of personal service, upscale amenities and ideal downtown location. Just 10 minutes from the Albuquerque International Sunport, the hotel is directly across from the Albuquerque Convention Center and a short walk to historic Route 66 with its many noted shops, art galleries and colorful avenues.Take the time to explore some of Albuquerque’s best dining options. Enjoy regionally inspired cuisine at Forque Kitchen and Bar or locally produced wine, micro-brewed beer and hand-crafted specialty cocktails at HQue Lounge.Immerse yourself in our rich cultural heritage and 310 days of sunshine a year and you will quickly understand why Albuquerque is the must visit destination of the Southwest. At Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, our renowned service, amenities and downtown location make us the ideal choice for business travelers, vacationers and conferences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Albuquerque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Albuquerque Hotel Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Albuquerque