“Treated like royalty on a business trip!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Explore Package
Ranked #54 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
Montana
“Treated like royalty on a business trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I arrived at 2:00pm and a king suite wasn't ready for check-in so Gilbert offered me a double with a view of the mountains, it was a really nice view. Gilbert also signed me up for Hyatt Passport rewards so I could get a free Starbucks coffee everyday and free Wall Street Journal. Room was clean, neat and very comfortable. The next day I stopped in before Ana had gotten to my room and I first told her not to worry about cleaning but then I changed my mind and she was very thorough. I realized I forgot my deodorant and it was delivered "discreetly" to my room. Went to lunch at Forque that I will review separately, but it was good food and good service. I had breakfast delivered to my room the last day and felt like a princess, a great way to end a business trip. Every employee I interacted with was very friendly, the hotel was real clean and really exceeded my expectations. I definitely recommend this to anyone for work or play.

Room Tip: ask for a view of the mountains
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Our genuine thanks to you, MTflyer, for taking the time to submit a review of the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque and recognizing Gilbert's and Ana's attentive services. It is very pleasing to read that you recommend our hotel for "work or play" and felt the need to share your experience with us and other reviewers.

Our entire team welcomes you back for another memorable experience in our hotel. See you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed at Hyatt when I presented at a professional conference last year. The hotel was clean, room was quite big, and the beddings were decent as well. However, when we got to our room and I needed to get some work done, we found out we could not get on the Internet. The receptionist rubbed us the wrong way when she told us that to get an Internet, we will have to pay $10 or $15 a night during the conference. I was sure I checked on the Internet access before I booked the hotel, because I knew, I would need to get some work done after my arrival, so they had to make the change after I made my reservation. In the end, after some arguing, I was able to get the Internet without paying the fee and couple days later, I found a fruit & nuts plate in the room with a letter of apology. The other guests who attended the conference with me all complained about not having or being charged for the Internet.

Room Tip: They charge a fee for refrigerator, however, if you are staying a few days, it may be worth it.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you, Vera L, for your very important feedback as it has been shared with the relevant departments.

The Hyatt Regency Albuquerque is known for its friendly, helpful staff which we always strive to answer our guests wishes. Please let me know when you are back in the area and so that I may personally look after your stay. Hope to see you soon.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The hotel is in a great location - right in downtown Albuquerque. The hotel was clean and the staff members were very nice. The room was a good size for the price too. The only "bad" thing I have to say is that our room was facing the backside of other buildings so there wasn't really a view. BUT we weren't in the room that much so it didn't really matter. I liked the fact that we didn't have to walk down a long hallway to get to our room. All the rooms were pretty much right off the elevator. We were in the gift shop/store every day and the employees were always friendly. (They also have a coffee shop, clothing store and restaurant in the lobby/ground floor area.) Since this was out first time in Albuquerque, we need directions to pretty much everything. The concierge Mary was extremely kind and helpful. She gave us good tips about where to eat and what to see, plus she gave us a map and highlighted where we needed to go. That is a great service this hotel provides. If I ever make it back to Albuquerque I will definitely be staying here again! :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Hi Aimee K:

Our genuine thanks to you for taking the time to submit your review of The Hyatt Regency Albuquerque and the expert concierge service we offer. It is very pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay and felt the need to share your experience with us and also other reviewers.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque soon.
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hotel is in a great location. The staff was A-list, and the room was modern and very clean. The room had the feel of a big city hotel, well-appointed and comfortable. It was an incredible value. The also have a great little cafe in the hotel shops area, that serves great breakfast and sandwiches. If you are going to be in Albuquerque, make sure this is where you stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Guest jj76767: We are happy to see that you enjoyed your overall stay! Your feedback certainly helps us in our efforts to continuously improve service standards.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque in the near future!
Kingsport, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located adjacent to the convention center, but the general area is dreary in terms of economic vitality. There are many empty storefronts in the immediate area and most area attractions are either a cab fare or public transit away. The staff is very hospitable and attentive. The rooms are bright, attractive and clean. My room airconditioning had a difficult time keeping up with the Albuquerque sun, but I wasn't in there enough for it to be any bother. My disappointment was that the room had no refrigerator.

Room Tip: Request a mountain view - and get up early enough to see the balloons!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Hi jmwelchtn:

Thank you for your comments and choosing the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque as your preferred choice of accommodation. We appreciate you noting that our staff is hospitable and attentive.

Your feedback is important to us as it helps us improve and monitor our service standards for the comfort of our guests. We will look into the areas that you have mentioned and work towards improving it.

We hope to welcome you back to the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque soon!
Roswell, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This Hotel is everything you would expect from a metropolitan downtown hotel. It is walking distance from the convention center, many restaurants and night life. The hotel has all the amenities you need for a comfy stay. In room internet is an extra expense but the lobby and meeting rooms have free Wi-Fi. If you love your morning Starbucks there is a full Starbucks shop in the lobby. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. Valet and self-parking available for an expense.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you, Patricia E., for your kind comments and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque!

Your comments are very important to us as it helps improve and maintain our service standards, to ensure the comfort and well being of our guests.

We look forward to assisting you again on your next visit!
Esbo, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Ater staying in 10+ roadside hotels/motels, I was happy with the service-minded attitude at the front desk. However, I soon got surprised over the lack of service. We didnt have any bath robes for the pool so we ordered them. Tired of waiting, we left for the pool. One hour later, they hadn't arrived! The internet costs 10 dollars and didn't work quickly enough to be usable in the morning. The concierge wasn't available and the front desk staff didn't know anything outside of the city limits. Overall, a big disappointment considering the lack of services that every little dump along the highway seem to offer for free. Examples include fridge/minibar, breakfast and laundry.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time, Trankkis, to air your concerns in which our management read with great care. Your remarks are very much appreciated as they help us to improve both our service, product and become more consistent.

We certainly take your comments to heart and apologize for the shortcomings you've encountered. We hope that you would give us a chance to regain your confidence in our hotel and allow us to welcome you back in the future.

Been to Hyatt Regency Albuquerque? Share your experiences!