“Not your typical Hyatt” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
“Not your typical Hyatt”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 week during a convention
Front desk and check in was quick and easy
The issue is the room. The patchwork job done to the wallpaper was awful . Sheets were stained , no coffee machine , poor lighting.
Convenient location was a plus

• Stayed March 2013
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear G P: We sincerely apologize that your experience at our property was less than memorable, "not typical". I only hope that you will give us another opportunity to restore your faith in the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque and demonstrate the world-class service that defines our core values. Our Rooms and Engineering Department are reviewing this isolated situation.

Please contact me directly should you find yourself staying with us again. It would be my pleasure to assist in making sure your next visit is memorable for all the right reasons.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Helix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great hotel! I stayed here twice in a 12 day period. The gym has better equipment than the club I belong to at home! The place does fill up on the weekends, and one conference was so packed I couldn't even get a drink at the bar (my only critique). If you're a Hyatt club member, you get a free cup of Starbucks coffee from the downstairs lobby. They have a full Starbucks cafe and Keva Juice Shop connected to the hotel, and there are lots of restaurants within walking distance. Beware of nighttime jaunts nearby though, there are a LOT of panhandlers and such nearby, but both times I ventured out I saw squad cars on patrol as well! A great hotel and I will stay there EVERY TIME I have to go to Albuquerque.

Room Tip: The 11th Floor was fine for me!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind comments Rebecca M. We're so glad to see that you (along with many others) were able to enjoy the gym and found all the equipment you needed there!
We can't tell you how much our staff will enjoy hearing your compliments. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently attended a conference at this hotel and stayed here for 4 nights. The staff are very good. They are unobtrusive and attentive and helpful, all things I value when I stay somewhere for several days. Lori at the front desk helped me with a problem even before check in (I phoned ahead) and it was appreciated. I hope others recognize her hard work and helpfulness.

I had a room with a king bed. The room was clean, attractive and in perfect condition except for the bathtub which drained very slowly and resulted in standing water over the tops of my feet while showering. Why does this bug me? I don't know, but it does. The shower head also sprayed a little crazily but nothing unmanageable.

I stayed on the 12th floor at the end of a corridor and had a mountain view. It was perhaps the quietest room I've had in a very long time. I appreciated that.

Forque restaurant is ok, but laughably expensive in some respects. Pricing a chocolate cake (a little mounded thing) at $8 does not make it a better chocolate cake. The wait for some food items at Forque was also way too long. Folks at the bar cafe downstairs were exceptionally nice, as were the guys working the front doors and the bag check. There is an attached Starbucks that is often busy.

Conference facilities were ok. I've come to expect psycho room temps and I dress in layers. For me, the worst part of the conference facilities was the lack of decent or reliable cell signal. To make a call, I had to go stand in a corner near a window and lean.

The neighborhood has been described as a little sketchy. A few blocks away where the restaurants are, it is indeed much less touristy with a wide variety of colorful people. If that puts you off, you can get a cab and go elsewhere. I don't mind and would rather dodge a panhandler than give up the exceptional pizza that's the reward down the street.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again for a conference, but it isn't in an area that I would consider "family territory" so I wouldn't take the gang. If they were running a great special on room rates, I would likely reconsider.

Room Tip: End of corridor was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mrs_Incredible: We appreciate your staying with us for the conference. We're glad to hear that you found our staff unobtrusive, attentive and helpful. They all truly feel their job is to make sure you feel at home.

We apologize about the slow bathtub drain, long wait in Forque Kitchen & Bar and the unreliable cell signal. We'll keep your experience in mind as we continue with improvements.

Again, we truly appreciate your thoughtful comments and will discuss the issues referenced with our team. We hope the next time you visit us you'll find your stay to be not great, but fantastic!!
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was a typical Hyatt experience. Quick check in, clean room. Had very noisy neighbors at 2 am and security came up immediately upon a phone call. Has a starbucks in the lobby. Premium pay to park fee. Don't really recommend this hotel for families. Area is sketchy at night. Could walk to a couple of restaurants but don't recommend it after dark! Close to freeway. Had a nice view of the mountains and if you are here to visit the convention center, couldn't have been closer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room up higher!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your candid feedback, jdkd319. As we are located downtown across from the Albuquerque Convention Center, we are happy to always have families, as well as major conventions and conferences with us, and do all that we can to provide the best possible services to every guest.

We do apologize about the noisy neighbors. Our 24-hour security staff is constantly walking the entire property to ensure that noise is not a problem. We are delighted to see that you parked in the city-owned, secured underground parking and enjoyed the view of the mountains.

It would be my pleasure to assist in making sure your next experience is memorable during your next visit. Hope to see you soon!
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Just spent a week here at a conference. Such nice service and friendly staff. Even brought me tea when I requested it one afternoon. The room was immaculate and the daily service was above reproach. Will happily stay here again when in Albuquerque.

Room Tip: Coffee makers must be requested but are complimentary.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Hello cakedeco: Thank you for staying with us during your week-long conference. We really appreciate knowing that our associates were attentive to your needs. We look forward to your return for the next conference. Until then....Happy traveling!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Was here for a conference and stayed two nights. Hotel was very nice, with great conference facilities. Hotel staff was very courteous and helpful. A Starbucks in the lobby is always a plus. Room was nicely appointed. However, I do have to agree with other commenters that the downtown area is rather sketchy after dark. Stay in a group if walking anywhere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you, Robert M, for acknowledging our "courteous" associates during your conference stay. We are delighted that you visited our Starbucks on the hotel's main level.

As with any major city, the security of our hotel guests is top of mind. With our 24-hour onsite security, we believe that we provide an accommodating atmosphere that doesn't compromise a guest's vulnerability.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we certainly hope to see you soon!
Temecula
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were here on a weekend so the hotel was quiet. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. Large window with beautiful view of downtown. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was the best - local dishes, chilequillas and huevos rancheros served w/red & green chile were superb! Lots of local restaurants close by and some within walking distance. There's a Starbucks in the lobby for a quick snack. Valet service was quick and the staff was very helpful. This is a great place to stay if you have business in the downtown area. Access to the freeway is a little tricky.

Room Tip: Rooms from the higher levels have great views of downtown
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear nmadr:

Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking the time to share your thoughts. Guest feedback is valuable to us. We look forward to seeing you again if your travel plans bring you back to the Duke City!

Been to Hyatt Regency Albuquerque? Share your experiences!