“Great place for a conference....” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Explore Package
Ranked #50 of 145 hotels in Albuquerque
Lansing, Michigan
“Great place for a conference....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I am here from MI for a conference and the staff has just been amazing over our multiple day stay. The parking is a little interesting because you have to go around back and underneath the building, find the elevator, and then get everything in. However, very attentive valets are ready and willing to take care of all that for you, which I'd recommend unless your the adventurous type. Rooms are fine...I stayed on the 11th floor and didn't get a great view, but I could still see Sandia off in the distance. Room temperature adjustments working and easy. TV in room is perfect size for the room. However, $5 for a bottle of water is nuts, especially when you can get bottles of water in the gift shop for under $3.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dearest 48912glb,

It appears that you had a great stay with us during your conference. We appreciate you taking the time to complete a review and commenting about our staff. We are happy to do all that we can to accommodate every one of our guest needs. Thanks for staying with us. Hope to see you again.

443 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed there on Saturday, 2/16/13. Everything was fabulous! The moment we pulled up the bellman were at our service. There is choice of either valet or self park. Valet is only a bit more. At the registration desk, the staff were very cordial. Our room, on the 17th floor, had a panoramic view of the city and the Sandia mountains. Incredible! The welcome amenity and later the turn-down amenity were awesome! We had an amazing dinner in Forque and I MUST recommend the pretzels and fondue app. I am still dreaming of them. In the morning, a lovely breakfast in Forque. At check out, the registration desk staff were super friendly, full of smiles and very professional. I truly enjoyed my stay, felt very welcome and I loved that the staff were "real" people, not robot type people full of silly mandatory expressions!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dearest studiodap: We appreciate you taking the time to complete a review about our caring, professional, staff and commenting that everthing was "fabulous" with your stay. Customer service is highly important to us and we are pleased to do all we can to accommodate every one of our guest needs. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to having you back.
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on Friday night. Location is very central in downtown ABQ. Downtown does seem to shut down fairly early. This was not really an issue for me as I was just spending the night and flying out the next morning.

This is a solid Hyatt Regency. I self parked, entrance behind the hotel. The charge is $13 a day with in/out. It looked like there might be on street parking, but I did not look into it. Valet is also available. The garage elevator is convenient and parking was fairly painless.

Check-in was friendly and efficient. I recieved a room on the 17th floor. Room was modern, clean, and pretty much what I would expect at a Hyatt. Room was quiet and comfortable.

The only issue that I had at the hotel was with the lack of service in the lobby bar. The server/bar staff do not seem to be very serivice minded. They ignored my presence and despite not being busy and attending to tables right beside me.

I mentioned this to Chantelle at the front desk who apologized and made suire that I got better service in Forques, the hotel's restaurant/ounge. She went above and beyond by making a personal visit to the lounge to ensure that the servers took exceptional care of me.

Food and service in Forques was good. They have a pretty varied menu with lots of small plate options.

Breakfas is in Forques. The buffet is average and I would probably order from the menu next time as it appeared to have more interesting regional dishes. The eggs were especially good here. You can order an omelet with the buffet.

All in all a nice stay.. I would avoid the lobby bar, but otherwise, I would return on my next trip.

Room Tip: I always ask for a high floor room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear crazyhotelguy: What a clever name! Thank you for your very candid review. We appreciate the positive feedback you provided and for recognizing Chantelle, who helped to provide you with better service while you were a guest in our hotel. I apologize about your experience in our HQue Lobby Bar and management will work to correct the concerns you mentioned to ensure that all guests receive the best possible service in all dining outlets.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again!
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Hyatt for a conference. Our room overlooked the mountains, so that was terrific. The comfortable bed and hotel amenities made us feel quite at home. Starbucks right in the lobby, and close to Convention Center and plaza. Staff was wonderful all the way through. Quick drive to Old Town for shopping and dining.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you, OhioTina, for your very positive review of our hotel. We appreciate you recognizing our staff's friendliness and definitely hope to see you again on your next visit.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Wow!!! What an awsome gem to find and in all places Albuquerque. First off the staff is some of the best in the world. The concierge, Mary Lou is the BEST. From the moment we pulled in to the valet, we were greeated by name and always with a huge genuine smile. The consierge helped us find not just one but about 15 sugestions for specialty store we were looking for, all of which we went to were spot on! She even checked in on us throughout our stay and was even available for any questions we had even when she was not working... pretty amazing these days!!! The bar was great, both service and food. Steak frites were awsome and I had them twice. Overall the location of the hotel is a bit confusing when going out to dine, but just ask any of the staff and u will have no proble finding exactly what u want.

• Stayed January 2013
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
John BBS3: Thank you for that great opening title! We are very pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel, from beginning to the very end of your stay and that our staff exceeded your service expectations.

Please let us know when you are back! You'll get that same extraordinary service as do all of our guests. Safe travels!
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

It was a typical Hyatt experience. The Internet and parking were very expensive compared to other hotels in ABQ. I would be more likely to stay at one of those hotels in the future. Staff was pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Chasicakes:

It was great of you to point out the positives you experienced with our staff. Please accept my apologies regarding the internet and parking charges. The parking garage is owned by the City of Albuquerque and we rent spaces. Although there is a charge for guest room internet, we do offer complimentary Wifi in our lobby and lobby atrium as an alternative. I am happy to advise that we continually benchmark with other hotels in the city to ensure that our hotel always remains competitive.

I certainly would love to have you come back if you are ever in the area. Safe travels!
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I continue my ever lasting search for a great hotel in ABQ.
The location of the hotel is downtown which I prefer, the area is safe as their is a police station across the street. The restaurants in the area are local and within walking distance, no chain restaurants around which is nice. Parking is under the hotel and was included in my package but there is a fee otherwise.
The lobby is magnificent. Huge, open and very active with people on their laptops and tablets. There is a real Starbucks! There is a bar that was dead but the attached restaurant 'Forque' has a very active bar. The restaurant is where they serve breakfast which was included in my package as well. The food is a bit better than typical hotel food but they are very proud of it and charge accordingly.
Upon check in I was informed that my booking of a king bed was merely a request and not a guarantee which always annoys me terribly so they put me in a double room. With two DOUBLE beds. Not queens. Doubles. I am 6'1" 235lbs. A double is like sleeping on an army cot. To make matters worse the bed was simply terrible. hard as a rock. The linens were like sandpaper and when you tried to get in the bed they exploded so it looks like you had a battle with the Orcs by morning. I slept terribly for three nights. It really made my trip miserable.
The room itself was somewhat spartan, very clean but very boring. There was a flat panel TV, yet no fridge, microwave or even coffee machine. There was a $1.50 bottle of water they want you to pay $5 for and thats about it. The shower was typically weak and the towels did not meet the standards of the brand. They were typical of much lesser hotel brands.
I liked the hotel, service was good and I love the location and lobby and restaurant. Yet I cannot recommend to stay here because of the beds and linens and lack of appointments of the rooms. If you can't sleep or sleep poorly the rest of the hotel is moot.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
PHXTrainer:

It was great of you to point out the positives you experienced with our great location and restaurant outlets. Please accept my apologies for the room/bedding issue that you experienced during your stay. I certainly would love to have the opportunity to make this up to you so please feel free to contact me. Thank you so much for your candid feedback.

Safe Travels!

Been to Hyatt Regency Albuquerque? Share your experiences!