I stayed at this hotel on Friday night. Location is very central in downtown ABQ. Downtown does seem to shut down fairly early. This was not really an issue for me as I was just spending the night and flying out the next morning.
This is a solid Hyatt Regency. I self parked, entrance behind the hotel. The charge is $13 a day with in/out. It looked like there might be on street parking, but I did not look into it. Valet is also available. The garage elevator is convenient and parking was fairly painless.
Check-in was friendly and efficient. I recieved a room on the 17th floor. Room was modern, clean, and pretty much what I would expect at a Hyatt. Room was quiet and comfortable.
The only issue that I had at the hotel was with the lack of service in the lobby bar. The server/bar staff do not seem to be very serivice minded. They ignored my presence and despite not being busy and attending to tables right beside me.
I mentioned this to Chantelle at the front desk who apologized and made suire that I got better service in Forques, the hotel's restaurant/ounge. She went above and beyond by making a personal visit to the lounge to ensure that the servers took exceptional care of me.
Food and service in Forques was good. They have a pretty varied menu with lots of small plate options.
Breakfas is in Forques. The buffet is average and I would probably order from the menu next time as it appeared to have more interesting regional dishes. The eggs were especially good here. You can order an omelet with the buffet.
All in all a nice stay.. I would avoid the lobby bar, but otherwise, I would return on my next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a landmark hotel. Hyatt Regency Albuquerque is an urban oasis in the Land of Enchantment known for its high level of personal service, upscale amenities and ideal downtown location. Just 10 minutes from the Albuquerque International Sunport, the hotel is directly across from the Albuquerque Convention Center and a short walk to historic Route 66 with its many noted shops, art galleries and colorful avenues.Take the time to explore some of Albuquerque’s best dining options. Enjoy regionally inspired cuisine at Forque Kitchen and Bar or locally produced wine, micro-brewed beer and hand-crafted specialty cocktails at HQue Lounge.Immerse yourself in our rich cultural heritage and 310 days of sunshine a year and you will quickly understand why Albuquerque is the must visit destination of the Southwest. At Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, our renowned service, amenities and downtown location make us the ideal choice for business travelers, vacationers and conferences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Albuquerque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Albuquerque Hotel Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Albuquerque