I stayed at this hotel on Friday night. Location is very central in downtown ABQ. Downtown does seem to shut down fairly early. This was not really an issue for me as I was just spending the night and flying out the next morning.
This is a solid Hyatt Regency. I self parked, entrance behind the hotel. The charge is $13 a day with in/out. It looked like there might be on street parking, but I did not look into it. Valet is also available. The garage elevator is convenient and parking was fairly painless.
Check-in was friendly and efficient. I recieved a room on the 17th floor. Room was modern, clean, and pretty much what I would expect at a Hyatt. Room was quiet and comfortable.
The only issue that I had at the hotel was with the lack of service in the lobby bar. The server/bar staff do not seem to be very serivice minded. They ignored my presence and despite not being busy and attending to tables right beside me.
I mentioned this to Chantelle at the front desk who apologized and made suire that I got better service in Forques, the hotel's restaurant/ounge. She went above and beyond by making a personal visit to the lounge to ensure that the servers took exceptional care of me.
Food and service in Forques was good. They have a pretty varied menu with lots of small plate options.
Breakfas is in Forques. The buffet is average and I would probably order from the menu next time as it appeared to have more interesting regional dishes. The eggs were especially good here. You can order an omelet with the buffet.
All in all a nice stay.. I would avoid the lobby bar, but otherwise, I would return on my next trip.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Albuquerque Hotel Albuquerque
- Hyatt Regency Albuquerque Hotel
- Albuquerque Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience our multi-million dollar transformation! You'll savor every bite in our completely new restaurant, FORQUE Kitchen & Bar and start your evening properly in the rejuvenated Lobby Lounge, HQUE. Our fine hotel is located in the heart of downtown just steps from entertainment, restaurants, nightlife, museums and the Albuquerque Convention Center. We are the premier choice in the city!Choose from 395 Deluxe, spacious guestrooms overlooking the city and the Sandia Mountains. Enjoy our roof-top lap pool and hot tubs. Tighten up in our Complimentary fitness center offering Life Fitness equipment all with personal LCD screens for live TV and music. Refresh in the new Lobby at Keva Juice or Starbucks. Plan your adventure with our experienced Concierge. Discover the freshest property while visiting Albuquerque. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Venere, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Albuquerque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.